• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed some extra pokestops heading out to work today.

There is now a place within two miles where 3 stops are close enough that I can park my car, blast the AC, and collect pokeballs.

Toki767

I feel you my man. All I get nearby are Pidgeys, Rattatas and the ocassional Eevee.

Zubats only here. Which are the worst. I can't even mass evolve them at 50 candies each.

The only good thing is that once Crobat is added, I'll be able to evolve Golbat with relative ease.

The running theory is that it is mapped to Ingress foot traffic data. The more densely traveled a place was during Ingress the more likely Pokemon are to show up. So depends on how heavy your area was into Ingress and also whether Ingress had portals to attract the players you did have to where you went in your area.

That's why the claim that Pokestops tend to attrack more Pokemon makes sense. It's because those Pokestops were portals in Ingress that were frequented by players.

Unfortunately for the moment you won't get much- until they address this issue, save and bring Incense for these trips, IMO. It is more effective when you are moving versus standing still anyway.

Ah I see, thanks for the info. That's a bit unfortunate. Was hoping the little guy would find some really awesome and rare pokemon that are very hard to get to.

rpmurphy

The running theory is that it is mapped to Ingress foot traffic data. The more densely traveled a place was during Ingress the more likely Pokemon are to show up. So depends on how heavy your area was into Ingress and also whether Ingress had portals to attract the players you did have to where you went in your area.

That's why the claim that Pokestops tend to attrack more Pokemon makes sense. It's because those Pokestops were portals in Ingress that were frequented by players.
It is interesting though, I know of an area near me that does not spawn any Pokemon unless someone places a lure on the several Pokestops that exist there. Nothing ever shows up on the radar.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Third day since release here in Belgium, third day in a row where the PTC login craps out at around 4 in the afternoon. Should've used Google login, and now I can't be bothered to start over since I'm already at level 9. Loving it in the mornings / early afternoons though!

Toki767

Ah I see, thanks for the info. That's a bit unfortunate. Was hoping the little guy would find some really awesome and rare pokemon that are very hard to get to.

It's just a theory so you shouldn't feel discouraged if you live in a rural area. I honestly think rare pokemon can spawn anywhere, it's just that if you're in a populated area with a bunch of pokestops next to each other, the amount of lures being placed just means more rare pokemon will spawn because more pokemon in general are spawning.

The "nearby" list just does not work for me anymore.

It says everything is 3 steps away, even if a Pokemon is right nearby. And the Pokemon that is right nearby is never the one that's supposedly the closest to me. It's been this way for the past few days. What a mess.

Thorzilla

Zubats only here. Which are the worst. I can't even mass evolve them at 50 candies each.

The only good thing is that once Crobat is added, I'll be able to evolve Golbat with relative ease.

Rural area too then? It's the worst lol.

Everytime I visit the nearest town (not even city) I feel just like a farm boy in New York. Pokestops and Gyms everywhere.

NesFe

Every 21 hours you can cash in for 500 Stardust and 10 pokecoins for every pokemon you have in a gym.

Oh ok, thats cool. I doubt I can hold a gym for 21 hours though. I'll wait till my friends reach level 5, maybe we can control it togethor.

zoukka

Is there data on how pokemon are spread in relation to your tarting location? Does the game track where you begin your save?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone had any luck submitting new Stops or gyms yet?
Figure they've got a lot more to worry about but just curious.

Toki767

Rural area too then? It's the worst lol.

Everytime I visit the nearest town (not even city) I feel just like a farm boy in New York. Pokestops and Gyms everywhere.
San Francisco lol. Even in downtown, there are mostly Zubats.

Oh ok, thats cool. I doubt I can hold a gym for 21 hours though. I'll wait till my friends reach level 5, maybe we can control it togethor.

Well you don't have to hold it for 21 hours consecutively. Just, once every 21 hours, you can claim it for any pokemon in a gym. So for your case, place a pokemon in a gym, claim your reward, and don't worry about getting dethroned 15 minutes later.

I wonder if they'll ever put in an option to "un-transfer" Pokémon, it's easy to accidentally transfer the wrong ones. Happened to me with my starter :(

julrik

Went from lvl 9 to 15 in a matter of hours today, and caught a bunch of Pokemons I haven't even seen before, including a 907 Hypno! Pretty satisfied with how the day turned out!

Toki767

I wonder if they'll ever put in an option to "un-transfer" Pokémon, it's easy to accidentally transfer the wrong ones. Happened to me with my starter :(

Is it really that easy though? It's a 4 step process to transfer a pokemon...

1. Select pokemon.
2. Scroll down.
3. Hit transfer.
4. Confirm.

Pejo

I need 1 more Vulpix to make my first Ninetails, and this 3 "feet" bug is killing me, because I see them everywhere on the locater thing, but never actually find any. Also, had a Rapidash pop up on there, but couldn't find.

Fix it Niantic, please!

lt519

So far Machop, Goldeen, Exeggcute, Geodude, Cubone, Magnemite and Psyduck are the rarest pokemon I've got. i could only find one of each. Zubat and Weedle are the most common.

Very common by me. Never even seen the outline for an Exeggcute, Geodude, or Cubone though.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
For the third time this week, I've been caught under mild to heavy rainfalls while hunting or fighting gyms :\

Is it really that easy though? It's a 4 step process to transfer a pokemon...

1. Select pokemon.
2. Scroll down.
3. Hit transfer.
4. Confirm.

Yeah, but sometimes there's a delay when transferring and I've accidentally transferred the wrong Pokémon because of it, my finger taps one Pokémon as it's loading the next.

mishakoz

Catching evolved forms of pokemon is pretty useless if you already have that pokemon. For example, pidgeys of moderate CP level are easy to catch with a regular ball, but a pidgeyotto is much harder to catch without any additional benefits if its CP isnt interesting to you. Both net 3 candies and 100 stardust.

Evolved forms should net more XP, stardust, and candies or some combination of two of those since its more "difficult" to do.

Anarion07

The rate of pokestops in a city versus outside a city is insane. It's not down to servers it's down to their previous game system. It doesn't work for Pokemon. It gives a inherent advantage to those in a city compared to outside a city.

The fact that he spawn rate of pokemons are higher in a city compared to outside a city seems real, probably due to pokestops attracting them I guess

And so on...

What's incompetent is them officially releasing the game all over the world when the servers couldn't handle US peak alone.

So you really think it's Niantics fault?
Not maybe someone else pressuring them from above to launch in more countries?
Come on.

GeNoMe

Today was a good day. Caught myself a bunch of new Pokémon.
Charmeleon, Sandshrew, a KINGLER!, Voltorb, Doduo, Geodude, Horsea, Squirtle, and a Porygon!

evolved a Psyduck, a Zubat, and a bunch of commons (Pidgey's, Caterpie)

T'was a good day indeed!

Pachimari

What do I exactly gain by holding a spot at a gym? The stardust will come in handy for me, but if I'm already buying Pokéballs, inscense etc. ?

Toki767

What do I exactly gain by holding a spot at a gym? The stardust will come in handy for me, but if I'm already buying Pokéballs, inscense etc. ?

Every 21 hours you can gain 500 Stardust and 10 pokecoins (to buy stuff from the shop) for each pokemon you have in a gym.

You can get rewards for up to 10 pokemon in a gym at once.

massoluk

Banned
Pokemon-vs-All-Other-Games-1.png
https://intelligence.slice.com/poke...alf-entire-mobile-game-market-launch-weekend/

It just happened Pokemon Go revenue just beat every other game combined

lt519

you must be by water

Yeah we have a creek that runs through the side of the city, so I make that part of my route and catch a lot of water Pokemon there. Oddly enough we have a big fountain in the center of the city that also has a lot of water Pokemon, so keep an eye out for those.

I'm going to New Mexico near the desert mid-August, kind of excited to see if I can find a lot of Fire/Rock type Pokemon.

Pachimari

Every 21 hours you can gain 500 Stardust and 10 pokecoins (to buy stuff from the shop) for each pokemon you have in a gym.

Ugh, I'll lose my spot at the gym quickly anyway. I have never taken over a gym either, but I'll come back strong and spank them all. It is my gym!

My goal for tomorrow is to catch at least 2 Pidgeys, and to hatch that 10km egg.

you must be by water

I live in a place that's named for the amount of water it has in it and I've seen three water pokemon. A squirtle when I started the game, a Krabby, and a Horsea that I couldn't find.

I think there's something wrong with that. It'd be all fine and good if I could find anything ELSE, but the rarest I've been able to find is a Diglett. :|

Ydelnae

More interesting Pokémon are showing up for me finally. Three Squirtle, a Dratini and a bunch of Psyduck, Poliwag and Goldeen.

The nearby list needs to be reworked. It's annoying as hell. It doesn't even work properly. Just put a radar that tells what Pokémon are near you and in which direction they are.

Pachimari

So I needed 540 Pidgey candy and 45 Pidgeys for my lucky egg right? That would give me around 35.000 xp I think, and level me up with 3 lvls. I also have a few other Pokémon ready to evolve but I'm saving them for that moment.

Toki767

Ugh, I'll lose my spot at the gym quickly anyway. I have never taken over a gym either, but I'll come back strong and spank them all. It is my gym!

My goal for tomorrow is to catch at least 2 Pidgeys, and to hatch that 10km egg.

You don't need to hold the spot for 21 hours. You just need to hold it for like a minute every 21 hours to cash in your rewards.

Firemind

You can get 500 stardust and 10 pokecoins at hour 0.

I wish people would stop wording like you need to stay in the gym for 21 hours to get the rewards.

Chaos17

To clarify, that's 10 different Pokemon in 10 different gyms.

Pretty sure we're unable to put more than one of our own Pokemon in the same gym.

kaioshade

Havent been able to login for the last 24 hours. im about to dump my PTC account and start a google one. Watch when i do that, Sun/Moon will have some PTC bonuses or some shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I remembered catching a hypno last night at like 907, it was the first one I'd ever seen and I was so pumped.

but after checking my recent pokemon and really thinking about the circumstances.... it.. was a dream.

creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom