• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah or if you have a nice campus / park with stops.

I was in L.A. this weekend and everywhere had a pokestop. Leveled up twice in a couple of hours of just casual use.

When I do my cardio day at the park instead of the gym now, I go up 5 or so levels in a couple hours and about 6km of walking.
Imbalance at work. One would figure pokemons would spawn outside and give perks away from the big cities but man, just a tiny stop at the city boosts you like crazy.

3-5 pokestops from a bench all with lures and shit.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Got a Staryu from an egg. First relatively new-ish uncommon Pokemon I ever got from an egg. Also managed to evolve Paras into Parasect.

I'm starting to hit the wall at level 15 where regular-ass Weedles, Pidgeys and Ratatta's are giving me a hard time to catch them. I'm also getting way less Pokeballs from stops.

As a result i'm fast depleting my ever-vast stores of Pokeballs and am currently at about 35 regulars and 80 great balls. I'm even skipping to catch Pidgeys and Rattata's for the time being, trainer life is rough.

lt519

Anyone believe any of the theory that rare Pokemon show up when there are more people around? I've only ever caught them in high concentrations of players.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Anyone believe any of the theory that rare Pokemon show up when there are more people around? I've only ever caught them in high concentrations of players.

i could believe that although i do believe they spawn in random areas as well found a omanyte hanging around a water treatment plant

MajorMane

In my experience, it would seem so, but I'm not sure if I believe it. Could just be luck.

Lucumo

Come on people don't steal thse, lol

CnqQR4rW8AAJFG0.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tedax/a_dutch_city_placed_40_pokémon_go_road_signs/

Well, the people in the old thread said those would get stolen pretty fast.

Got myself to level 20 today and also caught a 1158CP Golduck. (Which is my best catch so far)

I must say the amount of Pidgeys and Ratatas that run away after spending 5~10 pokeballs on is getting ridiculous. Very frustrating.

Lucumo

Yep, I do think so. Try finding something rare in the evening when pretty much everyone is at home.

Chaos17

I think it depend of luck most of time specialy when you see this

They call me the Mother of Dragonites
43wtNEF.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tcueg[/url]
/they_call_me_the_mother_of_dragonites/

Edit and seem the author live in a nest

Crazy thing is there are no other water pokemon that spawn near me, just dratini.

lt519

i could believe that although i do believe they spawn in random areas as well found a omanyte hanging around a water treatment plant

Yeah not to say that I haven't seen a rare Pokemon by myself, but it always seems that during peak hours when there are a lot of people around more rare ones show up. Purely anecdotal so probably not true but some other people are starting to notice the trend.

Tecnniqe

Banned
niantic seem pretty incompetent
They are. The current system is imbalanced as hell and there's nothing you as a player can do about it other than afk a city bench/park or gps spoof if you want to take the gyms anymore.
Also there's this whole pokeballs issue.
And server issue.
And 3 footsteps issue.
And crashes.
And so on.

Anarion07

They are. The current system is imbalanced as hell and there's nothing you as a player can do about it other than afk a city bench/park or gps spoof if you want to take the gyms anymore.
Also there's this whole pokeballs issue.
And server issue.
And 3 footsteps issue.
And crashes.
And so on.

That's all down to server issues.
They could never have anticipated THIS.
So calling them incompetent is a stupid thing to do when you have no idea what's going on there

Toki767

So calling them incompetent is a stupid thing to do when you have no idea what's going on there

They need a community manager or something though. They've been radio silent on everything.

Regardless, with the amount of server issues that have been plaguing the game since launch, I would expect them to give out some free Poke-Coins or Poke-Balls or something to compensate, especially for players who spent money in the game by now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The rate of pokestops in a city versus outside a city is insane. It's not down to servers it's down to their previous game system. It doesn't work for Pokemon. It gives a inherent advantage to those in a city compared to outside a city.

The fact that he spawn rate of pokemons are higher in a city compared to outside a city seems real, probably due to pokestops attracting them I guess

And so on...

What's incompetent is them officially releasing the game all over the world when the servers couldn't handle US peak alone.

Don't know if its just becuase Eevees seem pretty common here, but every gym is taken over by mostly Vapareons, with a few other Eevolutions mixed in and the rare Snorlax here and there. Vaporeons everywhere.

Toki767

Is there a Shop option to increase Egg capacity from max 9 or no?

Would do no good unless you had enough incubators anyway.

Don't know if its just becuase Eevees seem pretty common here, but every gym is taken over by mostly Vapareons, with a few other Eevolutions mixed in and the rare Snorlax here and there. Vaporeons everywhere.

Eevee's evolutions are the quickest/easiest way to get high CP pokemon. They get something like a 3x CP boost when evolving from Eevee to any of their evolutions.

Plus Vaporeon has one of the higher HP stats in the game which means it can last a long time in gym battles.

MajorMane

Vaporeon is the best Eeveelution in terms of HP and CP gain. Alongside Snorlax, it is one of the best Pokemon you can put in a gym/attack gyms with. It's not just you.

Lucario

Vaporeon attack fast, have a ton of HP, and few strong pokemon have electric or grass type attacks. Plus they're easy to get.

Every gym around here is dominated by Hypno/Vaporeon/Jolteon, with a few Lapras/Snorlax/Gyarados mixed in.

Pineconn

Anyone know what "bonus" is? I've gotten it a few times but I haven't been able to find any resources online about it, nor do I know how to trigger it.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe it's when you catch a Pokémon for the 100th time.

Zafir

Yep, I do think so. Try finding something rare in the evening when pretty much everyone is at home.

I've seen quite a few come up on the radar.

Honestly I think it's more that more pokestops = more spawn points. More spawn points inevitably means more chances of rare pokemon.

Who knows though.

dakun

i must be doing something wrong. at this rate i will never be able to fight for a gym because i'm so desperately under leveled. I just reached level 8 and my strongest Pokemon is a 358 Golbat. And that's playing from day 1 for about 2 hours a day. (when it worked)
Basically anyone who starts new is screwed and has alot of catching up to do if i can lag behind so quickly. Maybe a good solution would be having multiple tiers of gyms for different levels. So a low level person won't have to catch up to a person who seemingly dedicated his life to to the game.

Maybe i just don't get it though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
i must be doing something wrong. at this rate i will never be able to fight for a gym because i'm so desperately under leveled. I just reached level 8 and my strongest Pokemon is a 358 Golbat. And that's playing from day 1 for about 2 hours a day. (when it worked)
Basically anyone who starts new is screwed and has alot of catching up to do if i can lag behind so quickly. Maybe a good solution would be having multiple tiers of gyms for different levels. So a low level person won't have to catch up to a person who seemingly dedicated his life to to the game.

It's the same here. City peeps control the suburbs too. Only way to beat them is to join them.

Says "Think about your life choices" and recommends drinking instead of going out exercising and socializing......

I do love that some people thinks drinking is the only thing in the world to do for fun. Meanwhile i can think of a hundred things i would rather do for fun than drink.

Toki767

You absolutely are doing something wrong (sorry if that sounds mean)

For low level players, the way to take down gyms is to actually team up with people on the same team as you. Multiple players of the same team can gang up on a gym to beat stronger pokemon faster.

People who constantly expect to be able to solo a gym aren't really playing the game correctly.

I pretty much took Sunday off from Pokemon Go and it feels like the entire (Poke)world passed me by. I can't even take these lame gyms at work.

You absolutely are doing something wrong (sorry if that sounds mean)

For low level players, the way to take down gyms is to actually team up with people on the same team as you. Multiple players of the same team can gang up on a gym to beat stronger pokemon faster.

People who constantly expect to be able to solo a gym aren't really playing the game correctly.

Can I just keep reviving/healing my Pokemon and re-attacking the gym?

Lucumo

Yeah, they could have never anticipated this...even after NZ, Australia and US launch. (obvious sarcasm)

Toki767

Can I just keep reviving/healing my Pokemon and re-attacking the gym?

Yes, you can definitely do that too.

Each pokemon you defeat in that gym will lower their prestige. And as you lower their prestige, you don't have to face as many pokemon in the gym.

It's just not as efficient as getting help from your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom