• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was on vacation last week and my hotel room was in the perfect spot with a Gym and 2 Pokestops all within range. The game was insanely fun and got to catch so many Pokemon.

Got back to my house last night... and want to cry... Not a PokeStop for miles and good luck on a Gym. I guess I'm relegated to now just hoping to catch and fill my Pokedex and forget trying to capture anything. Any chance I could submit my Stop sign on the corner to be a Gym/PokeStop?

Chaos17

ZhugeEX ‏@ZhugeEX 22 minil y a 22 minutes
Majority of purchases are for the cheapest Pokecoins options. Shows that lots of people are spending, not just a few

CnqoxByWcAQFQwH.jpg

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/755101457238650880

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait, there's a lot of people on Reddit saying you can get soft banned for playing in a car? What kind of shit is that?

GulAtiCa

Wait, there's a lot of people on Reddit saying you can get soft banned for playing in a car? What kind of shit is that?

Hopefully just hearsay and fake rumors. As I play the game quite often in the car when my girlfriend drives. Mainly to hit any pokestop we drive by.

nowarning

Had a good 9 mile walk earlier, got a Magmar and Onix from eggs, caught a Poliwhirl, Slowbro, Golduck, Staryu, Goldeen and another Charmander, evolved Vulpix to Ninetails and Ghastly to Haunter. Also took over 2 gyms and hit loads of Pokestops, decent outing!

Lunar FC

Had a good 9 mile walk earlier, got a Magmar and Onix from eggs, caught a Poliwhirl, Slowbro, Golduck, Staryu, Goldeen and another Charmander, evolved Vulpix to Ninetails and Ghastly to Haunter. Also took over 2 gyms, decent outing!

Nice haul. Finally got a scyther out of an egg. 1080 cp.

aravuus

Hope that's bs, cause fuck yeah I'm going to hit every pokestop while sitting on the bus on my way to work. The trip takes like 15 minutes and there's almost 10 stops, how could I not?

Arrrammis

I know that the GPS doesn't track you for hatching eggs while you're driving, other than that I haven't noticed anything. I've grabbed a few pokestops and even caught a few pokemon while riding around with friends or family in a car.

Toki767

I have spent money on 100 coins and 550 coins myself. I guess I wasted 160 of them because of server issues that took my inscences away.

I feel like $20 is the best bang for your buck.

Though $10 is decent if you just want to buy 8 incubators and hatch 24 eggs quick.

Majukun

so..any way to increase the variety of the èpokèmon you find?i'm always finding the same pokèmon lately,and the few differeent ones can't be located because of the radar glitch

Meier

However...
Drinking and playing Pokemon GO has been fantastic. We plop down at bars with Pokestops, pop a lure, wait for the vibrate, catch a Pokemon, and go back to shooting the shit and drinking beer in the sun.

Some teammates and I went to a cool place called Moon Tower Saloon here in Austin yesterday after our soccer game ended. Sat around for hours unable to play, but it certainly could have been worse, haha. Definitely will go again in the future as there are 2 Stops available on the deck as well as a gym so it's pretty perfect.

There was a Team Instinct meet up there yesterday complete with people wearing lots of yellow and having balloons and everything. They got the gym to 10 which was blowing my mind.

Anyone else ever hit a pokemon with a pokeball and it just rolls or bounces off of them without triggering the capture process? Happens to me every once in a while, usually when the pokemon is moving around (AR off)

lt519

I bought 1200 with Google Rewards credit. Used it mostly on incubators. Bought 20 pokeballs once when I ran out.

I'll probably drop another $10 when all is said and done.

Arrrammis

so..any way to increase the variety of the èpokèmon you find?i'm always finding the same pokèmon lately,and the few differeent ones can't be located because of the radar glitch

In the same area, not really. Try going to somewhere different than where you normally are, maybe a lake, industrial sector, park, etc. as pokemon seem to spawn in different biomes. Also, shopping centers seem to have an extremely high spawn rate, plus the possibility of a ton of pokestops.

Anyone else ever hit a pokemon with a pokeball and it just rolls or bounces off of them without triggering the capture process? Happens to me every once in a while, usually when the pokemon is moving around (AR off)

The pokemon occasionally knock your pokeball away, which is what they're doing if they lunge briefly or do some other attack animation. If you hit them with a ball at that point, it will just bounce off and roll away.

zulux21

And server down :(

yeah... the timing sucked horribly.

a beedrill popped in my apartment.

I'm still trying to get used to the much smaller range of error on my phone instead of the tablet I was using and thus I still have major problems throwing straight. between throwing off the mark and beedrill popping out of the balls I used over 35 balls only to when it seemed to finally be getting caught the server died.

I have only like 8 balls left now, and no bedrill to show for it -_-

Kyuur

Dang it, servers are unavailable as I try to load this onto my Blackberry Classic. Now I need to wait to know if my reboot fixed the visual problems. :lol: Seriously considering upgrading my phone just for this.

Armadilo

Banned
Finally started messing with gyms and now the game is more fun. Leveled up my teams instinct gym to level 4 and I added my own Pokemon.

zulux21

This is legit? I guess I can give it a try.

given I had a pikachu show up on my radar last night it doesn't seem to be fully true as I am not an industrial area (and they said they only show up there), though it could influence where things show up.

ikuze

I often don't get items from Pokéstops. It just turns purple and tells me to come back later. Then I get the 50exp and that's it. So am I soft banned? Thought it was because of the slow servers. Playing from the car or the bus here and there...

I often don't get items from Pokéstops. It just turns purple and tells me to come back later. Then I get the 50exp and that's it. So am I soft banned? Thought it was because of the slow servers. Playing from the car or the bus here and there...

Slow servers or your not waiting long enough. I have that happen once in awhile, but if I sit for everything to load completely I'll get coins next time I try.

Arrrammis

It might be the server, but just to be sure make sure that you wait until the location name and the picture fully load before you spin the point. If you spin while the picture is still white, then it might register the stop as collected without actually giving you any items, and you'll have to wait 5 minutes before trying again.

Sadist

A man, there was a Haunter right for the taking... game glitched. :(

Fun fact; the Haunter appeared next to a retirementhome...

Arrrammis

Servers are still running fine for me. Central USA, google sign-in. I was going to put up a lure on a pokestop here, but I might wait if servers are dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom