• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

I don't understand why this person or other people think they need a GPS spoofer to play the game, even if it's not released in their country. With Android you can just download the APK to play and I believe (I am not super familiar with apple store stuff) you can download the app from the app store of a different country which has it available.

Majority of people who spoof their game just want to never move from their desktop/couch from the videos I saw. So yeah, Niantics won't ask them what was their reason, they will just ban them.
Salty posts in coming in next months, imo.

Edit: but what surpise me is that some mobile (chnese?) phones have some kind fake gps (a piece of hardwarre) installed so some legitimate gamers got banned since they didn't know about it o.o'

Arrrammis

Yes, Ingress works fine here. I can switch from Pokémon Go's ghost town of a map to Ingress, where I immediately see the two nearest Portals to me.

EDIT: Sometime last week, it seems Pokémon Go worked fine as well for like an hour. But since then, nothing. Probably a mistake.

Hmm, it sounds like they originally had points active everywhere before they actually released, but the disabled them once they saw how bad the servers were. It makes sense I guess, although it really sucks for those people in countries stuck on the waiting list for the official release.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just power leveled from 17 to 20 in 30 minutes.

Now the real grind begins. That exp doubling makes me sad but at least I have ultra balls and am getting the most out of the eggs I find now.

I wonder if theyre evr going to fix the servers in this game. Im scared to use my lucky egg + Lure because it crashes nonstop. Ive been screwed out of so many pokemon from crashing.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Got to level 15 around noon, got some bonus items that includes a lucky egg and an incense. In another hunt around 45 mins ago, I accidentally activated my lucky egg, so I said fuck it and also enabled the incense. Around 10 to 15 mins later, the freaking server is unreachable, can't log in for around 30 mins...

FUUU

Nibel

Went out for a lil bit and had 0 issues with servers or the app itself; playing the game it's meant to be played is even better than crashing and restart the app all the time, lol

But man this shit is fire. What a great little game

Not sure how accurate it is, but someones made an IV calculator :3

Hey everyone, a couple hours ago I saw /u/RichiePantsBeGone's IV spreadsheet here and decided I could make it a lot more practical. I redid the layout substantially to my liking, but most importantly the sheet will solve for the IVs from your pokemon's stats automatically.
As with Richie's sheet, if a pokemon has multiple possible levels you will likely need to Power Up the pokemon to narrow it down. For wild pokemon, if the cost increases when you Power Up them up the second time then it must have been the higher level, otherwise it is the lower. Do note that Power Ups only raise the pokemon's level by 1/2, and you need to set the "Powered Up?" column accordingly for upgraded pokemon.
It's not perfect but hopefully this is a bit easier to use. Let me know if you find any cases where no IVs were found, or the pokemon is a level other than the sheet suggested was possible. And of course, huge credit again to /u/RichiePantsBeGone. While my sheet is completely redone the idea is completely inspired by his work.
Enjoy!
Update: Since IVs do seem to be integers after all, I plan to update it to solve for integer IVs instead. Unfortunately, its a little complicated because I can't just assume ATT = DEF anymore (some pokemon will have to have different IVs to find a match) which means there's a lot more combinations to display. Going to sleep now, but I plan to work on it more in the future. For now the current version should work pretty well even if the IVs aren't actually decimal numbers :)

Copy Link so you can edit your own: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MwFah7aKWUIOCnJmbLoXo3Qk1kewJqAmhGGVvQpR9y8/copy

Just curious - has anyone exchanged their Moto X Play successfully for something with a gyrroscope? Like a Moto X Style?

I'm hoping to do so - I can play Go but it's not worth it to play it without AR ...

MajorMane

Just curious - has anyone exchanged their Moto X Play successfully for something with a gyrroscope? Like a Moto X Style?

I'm hoping to do so - I can play Go but it's not worth it to play it without AR ...

Personally, I haven't played with AR after like the first day. It's a lot easier to play with it turned off. That being said, I can definitely see the fun people have with AR. It's just not my thing.

Personally, I haven't played with AR after like the first day. It's a lot easier to play with it turned off. That being said, I can definitely see the fun people have with AR. It's just not my thing.

I turned it off, too. AR just kept crashing the game for me. As cool as some of the AR stuff is, it's a lot more fun to play the game without it than to crash the game with it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
All this talk about bans make me scared as I've had the app open while entering long tunnels and teleport as I've exited on the other side >.>

PSFan

Pokemon Go's soft bans are pathetic. They just screw with your spawns and item generation for a few hours, and then everything goes back to normal. I have a second account on my PC and I've been teleporting to Antarctica and shit, and they've literally just been tutting.

Yeah I'm not so sure about a soft ban for driving then. I had an egg in my incubator this morning when I drove to work and it hatched as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, then when I got out of my car, a Nidorino popped.

Best part of this game is the nicknames for sure
qD7Vxj4.png

i stopped playing with the ar on after the first day its faster with it off

I turned it off, too. AR just kept crashing the game for me. As cool as some of the AR stuff is, it's a lot more fun to play the game without it than to crash the game with it.

Yeah, the game is perfectly functional without it, but I feel like I'm missing some funny moments without having AR working properly. Sigh.

I'm still on a warranty though - hopefully an upgrade from X Play isn't too expensive

Dominator

All this talk about bans make me scared as I've had the app open while entering long tunnels and teleport as I've exited on the other side >.>
Aren't they just soft bans? You can't collect from stops and you can't catch anyone. At least that's what I read yesterday if it happens. Would be better to avoid it obviously though.

border

Is there any kind of hard limit on how high a Pokemon's CP can go? Once there are level 40-50 trainers, will they just be able to dominate all the gyms?

Costia

So the game worked quite well today.
Some gyms were changing hands every few minutes, regardless of the monster's CP.
I think from now on I will start placing Magikarps in gyms, it doesn't matter anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gah, accidentally hatched a 10k egg I was trying to save for when I popped a Lucky. Was a Pinsir with lower CP than the one I already had, too -_- Then without thinking I started to incubate another 10k even though a 5k would have made way more sense for my Lucky timing. Then I got covered in flour. Bike's still out of commission too :'(

Gotta turn this afternoon around somehow. I will hit the mall after work again I think. It's not the best for catching mons but awesome for stocking up, XP, and accruing distance for eggs while being delightfully air-conditioned.

I'm getting a new iPhone sometime this week. If I logged into my Google account on a friend's Android phone and played Pokemon Go, would I be able to continue with the same progress once I download the game on iOS? I've tried to find an answer on this, but no luck.

Jonbo298

This is my biggest concern is I'm going to get banned/soft banned as a false positive because I have a GPS bug right now that's 100% Google's fault. I last used my router 2 hours away before moving. Google's servers have my router Mac address tied to my last apartment, 2 hours away. 3 weeks later, their servers still assume I'm 2 hours away whenever I'm home on Wifi.

As soon as I open an app that requires more precise location, the GPS updates properly but in Pokemon Go I've had a few times where my guy blasts back 120 miles in a second. I've sent feedback to Google to fix their damn server not updating location tied to Mac address but nothings been done yet.

Arrrammis

Is there any kind of hard limit on how high a Pokemon's CP can go? Once there are level 40-50 trainers, will they just be able to dominate all the gyms?

Some people on reddit who were able to look at the game's code think that the hard cap is lvl. 40, but we won't know for sure until somebody hits that. If someone spends that much time on the game, then yes, they will probably be able to dominate the gyms in their area. However, it seems like even gyms with absurdly strong pokemon in them can be beaten by a trainer with a half-decent team who knows how to dodge and use type advantage, so the system isn't too broken in that sense.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

CP rises approximately with respect to sqrt(level), so trainer level 5 is to trainer level 10 as trainer level 10 is to trainer level 20. There's also very sharp reduction in CP/level from pokemon level 60 (trainer level 30) onwards; it almost halves. Basically, once you reach level 20, you can be competitive anywhere, pretty much, because you've hit the game's first soft cap, and once you've hit 30, there's not even that much point to levelling any more, because you've hit the second one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm getting a new iPhone sometime this week. If I logged into my Google account on a friend's Android phone and played Pokemon Go, would I be able to continue with the same progress once I download the game on iOS? I've tried to find an answer on this, but no luck.
I haven't tried it myself, but I have heard multiple people claiming that it works fine.

smisk

How far do I have to go to find new types of pokemon? Have yet to see a fire or electric type in my town. Lots of normal, flying, bug, poison, grass etc. Very few water pokemon as well.

Meier

You got a Chansey out of a 10km egg? Lucky. I've gotten two 10km. One had Lapras (yay), and last nights yielded an Eevee (WTF ugh).

I wish being by a hospital would yield Chansey. I mean.. it only makes sense. x_x

I will die if my 10k is an Eevee. :mad:

Yes. I use one account on both ios and android.

Crazyorloco

You know what might make me play this forever? if they made it that if you reach level 40 you get gen 2 pokemon...60 gen 3...etc...

I know the game has just came out, but I wonder how and when they will add more pokemon.

Anyone playing XY/ORAS more because of this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom