• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikami

36t1ZNk.png

Got this ad on GAF while browsing the thread.. what?

mkenyon

Banned
So being an overweight person who is extremely lazy I didn't think i'd enjoy this game as much as I have.

But i've actually been waking up early everyday and going for a morning walk/fastwalk trying to catch Pokemon. This might be the game that gives me the exercise Ive needed for years.
Awesome to hear!

Remember though, losing weight is about diet. Exercise can help swing the balance a bit for you, but it all comes down to reducing calories.

this is coming from a dude who went from 300lbs to 180, no judgement!

mishakoz

Okay, i need some clarification everyone.

For catching pokemon, you want the circle to be the smallest possible, yes? Not the largest?

I just had a charmeleon run away, and despite using ultra balls and razz, and getting the circle almost perfect, I couldnt catch it.

WHHHHHYYYYY????

Hikami

Okay, i need some clarification everyone.

For catching pokemon, you want the circle to be the smallest possible, yes? Not the largest?

I just had a charmeleon run away, and despite using ultra balls and razz, and getting the circle almost perfect, I couldnt catch it.

WHHHHHYYYYY????

You have to actually land the Pokeball inside the colored circle. You'll get a "Nice, Great, or Excellent" message depending on the circle's size (smaller being better). If you still did that though then oh well, no clue.

Pejo

This was fun for a bit, but I think I'm getting a little burnt out.

The whole '3 paw' glitch fundamentally breaks the game. I'll still have it open when I go on my nightly bike rides, but it with the game being broken it gives me less incentive to give a shit.

Agree on this point. I still have the phone out on my daily walks, but it's no fun when I can't track down the pokemon that I'm looking for. They really need to get the tracking fixed.

deoee

Well that tracker thing is crazy. The second it becomes an app or function in a browser thats kind of it and kills the exploration.

Yeah but tbh. With the tracker bug at the moment it's no fun to go around and explore because you can't hunt anything down. It's pure luck to run into something useful.

With this Python programm you at least can get the PKMN you'd miss by playing the game normally.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well that tracker thing is crazy. The second it becomes an app or function in a browser thats kind of it and kills the exploration.

It should be pretty easy to curtail. Just look up people reporting vastly different locations and ban them. Of course "should be pretty easy to fix" re things in this game don't usually lead to expected outcomes. :p

mishakoz

You have to actually land the Pokeball inside the colored circle. You'll get a "Nice, Great, or Excellent" message depending on the circle's size (smaller being better). If you still did that though then oh well, no clue.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, it still ran away after I scored an excellent against it

Fox Mulder

This was fun for a bit, but I think I'm getting a little burnt out.

The whole '3 paw' glitch fundamentally breaks the game. I'll still have it open when I go on my nightly bike rides, but it with the game being broken it gives me less incentive to give a shit.

I'm tired of playing pidgeymon go. The server issues are shitty, but I'm also not finding anything new to keep me going.

It should be pretty easy to curtail. Just look up people reporting vastly different locations and ban them. Of course "should be pretty easy to fix" re things in this game don't usually lead to expected outcomes. :p

That's assuming people spoof, but if they stay locally and play right they should be fine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
even with "Excellent!" (not that I get it all that often) and razz berries they can still get out sometimes. It seems a lot like there is always some chance for one to escape. Without a Master Ball I guess. Not sure I have ever seen one escape after two high level balls though.

Growlie19

Nothing much my short walk today. I had a 2K egg hatch into a Caterpie, though. While normally that would be disappointing, it gave me just enough candy to get my first Butterfree from a Metapod I caught earlier! I'm now level 14, too!

I did the math, and I only need to evolve about 150 Pokemon to get to level 20.*

Time to catch some Caterpie.

*I know I'll get a handful of levels by catching / hatching eggs while getting those 150 Pokémon.

mishakoz

even with "Excellent!" (not that I get it all that often) and razz berries they can still get out sometimes. It seems a lot like there is always some chance for one to escape. Without a Master Ball I guess. Not sure I have ever seen one escape after two high level balls though.

Its frustrating especially since they can run away so quickly. The charmeleon i just encountered ran away after 4 or 5 ultra ball attempts, and I had a lot more to go but NOPE

But that's just part. Without obvious Gps spoofing a "trainer" app can level you up to whatever, just spinning stops every 5 minutes.. Or hatch all eggs by "wakiing". Or use an external database to reveal wherever X is and do a single gps spoof operation to get it. Or be a version of that wristband, but one that buzzes you only when you haven't seen a nearby Pokemon.

Niantic won't ban anything, or be able to detect anything. Any gameplay in gyms or pvp in future, will be totally subverted. Not that there is any sign they know how to do that part anyway..

I have 110 Drowzee Candy. I have a 360 CP Drowzee, and a 396 Hypno. Im debating if i should just level up my Hypno and use him for battles, or to to evolve my 360 Drowzee.

How much does evolving level the CP up?

trugs26

Man that 3 paw glitch is annoying. Before I even knew about this glitch existing, I saw a Victreebel on my radar. I tried to track it but was terribly confused since the paws never went down. Eventually lost it altogether.

Cob32

I think I'm done. The servers and bugs are to frustrating for me. Will return sometime down the line when it's in a better state.

MrHoot

French Pokemon Go players found the "wrong neighboorhood" haha.
https://twitter.com/PowePFR/status/755130065101488130

He found the cat court !

In any case, yeah with the bug of the step feature, it shows how barebone the app can be. The socializing aspect of it is amazing (had a long walk with a friend by the beach, it's really fun) but by itself and without proper tracking, the app is either just dumb luck or just finding popular lured up spots and wait.

Arenas are really what I think to be not really fleshed out. They're kind of meat grinders and have little impact on the game overall

Wollan

Anyone ignoring specific Pokémons at the moment? Personally at lvl 20:
  • Zubat
  • Drowzee
  • Hypno
  • Chowbat
  • Spearow
If the servers were perfect I might un-ignore some of them but it's the worst to waste time on a 'useless' Pokémon (or overly hard to capture vs reward) only to have the app crash.
The servers have behaved fine for me today though.

I have 110 Drowzee Candy. I have a 360 CP Drowzee, and a 396 Hypno. Im debating if i should just level up my Hypno and use him for battles, or to to evolve my 360 Drowzee.

How much does evolving level the CP up?

You have to look at the semi circle bar in the background. When you evolve, the bar stays the same. To power up the bar you need to spend candy and stardust. In this case, I would trash the Hypno and evolve the Drowzee, since it will cost you a lot of stardust to get the hypno up to par.

Save your stardust for topping off the CP meter on already strong pokemon whose meter is almost full.

Maz

Thank you pokemon for making a hypocrite out of me. How can I live my life without thinking free to play is the devil and only suckers pay for in game items. On a happier note just found a wild jolteon

Muku

Is there any place that kinds of gives you a list for moves worth keeping? Be it for evolving or what not. Just trying to figure out which Pokemon/move combos I should bother keeping.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone ignoring specific Pokémons at the moment? Personally at lvl 20:
  • Zubat
  • Drowzee
  • Hypno
  • Chowbat
  • Spearow
If the servers were perfect I might un-ignore some of them but it's the worst to waste time on a 'useless' Pokémon (or overly hard to capture vs reward) only to have the app crash.
The servers have behaved fine for me today though.

Anything that I haven't evolved fully yet.......I catch

Other than that pidgey is the only Pokemon I stock. They seem to be the easiest to catch and give the most XP on evolve

LordOfChaos

I walked 1.2 kilometres with pokemon go in low power mode upside down in my pocket, the screen at no point turned off, and the incubators registered nothing...Does it have to be held in not-low-power-mode? Because that's a pretty huge turn off. Heck, the app shouldn't even need to be open, it should just use M8/M9 on iPhones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom