• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

You were saying?
gwwXAMC.jpg
Pocket monster indeed

Might be a mere coincidence, but while biking the past two days I've seen several pokemon I've wanted/silhouettes and I'd slow down, move around until they bumped up the list, and then waited until they spawned on my map. Only missed a pikachu, which I couldn't get narrowed down to my top 3 "nearby." Edit: also, a koffing. The thing wouldn't stop jumping from 3-9th place, but I didn't really walk through people's yards to find it, so who knows.

Similarly, while driving around for work I'd pull my phone out at each of my delivery locations and pretty consistently had the pokemon in 1-2 place show up after moving a few feet.

I understand that people see pokemon at the very bottom of the list or even not listed show up for capture, but that's how it worked even before they broke the footprint thing. I mean, I caught more than a few that weren't listed nearby in my own house, let alone out in the world.

Not saying it isn't fucked up for others and that reinstating the 1-2-3 footprint system wouldn't be nice (or a compass to help direct us, in my dreams), but I'm at least not finding it impossible to work with.

I also believe I've stumbled on some weird spawning pattern at a gas station near my work. Every time I've pulled up there and checked the game, a Pidgey, weedle, spearow, bellsprout, and 1-2 ratattas spawn. I even think they're in the same spots on the map. I've seen plenty of the same pokemon load in the same area, but not like this (outside of two slowpoke that always spawn outside of a rec center at a local state park, I guess). It's also way more than I typically ever see, even around lures.

I should note that I only visit this gas station twice every day at most, so I doubt I can drive in circles and gather everything up with ease. I went there yesterday morning, this morning, and a few hours ago, though, and the pattern clicked in my brain. I'll have to screencap my phone to see if they're really all in identical spots and, if they are, how long it'd take to do the above-mentioned.

What a wanker. You want to get Teenagers to definitely do something? Make a note like this.

I find it funny that the guy is basically saying "do something mature like drink alcohol instead of playing games!"

Note I like to drink and play Pokemon Go. Often at the same time, thanks to some wonderous PokeStops neaby.

lt519

Good day for egg hatching walking around playing golf. Got a Pinsir and Porygon golfing and an Omanyte earlier today. Another Eevee 10km egg too and a high level one at that so evolved it to a Jolteon to combat all the Vapes.

Bad day for catching stuff though, nothing new. Didn't try and catch to much golfing but there were Manley's and Tentacools around.

Kieli

is anyone else having trouble finding pokemon GO on canadian app store?

i search, but get a bunch of bullshit instead.

thenameDS

So does the weight and height have any negative or positive effects to the Pokemon? I have two Eevee with the same ish CP but one is XS and the other is XL does it matter which I evolve?

Aomber

So does the weight and height have any negative or positive effects to the Pokemon? I have two Eevee with the same ish CP but one is XS and the other is XL does it matter which I evolve?
Not that I have seen, but you should pay attention to the curve above the pokemon to see which is further to the right. In most cases though the higher CP pokemon will still be better.

I feel like if Niantic doesn't give a shit, I don't see why I should.

Or maybe, just maybe the company wasn't expecting it's game to be 47 percent of what all people with a cell phone have been playing the past week and are working their balls off to get the server and login issues resolved while also launching in a dozen new countrise over the next week. But no, I'm sure that it's that they just don't care. It's not like the game has become an unexpected cultural phenomenon or anything like that.

Or maybe, just maybe the company wasn't expecting it's game to be 47 percent of what all people with a cell phone have been playing the past week and are working their balls off to get the server and login issues resolved while also launching in a dozen new countrise over the next week. But no, I'm sure that it's that they just don't care. It's not like the game has become an unexpected cultural phenomenon or anything like that.

I wonder sometimes why companies pay for PR when people do it for them for free.

Nothing good captured today but, my two eggs gave me a pikachu and a bulbasaur.

I caught a two upgrades from perfect Starmie right outside my house today, but it's been rainy and I don't own an umbrella, apparently.

Might have to fix that one of these days. Sure, the S7 Active is mostly waterproof, but...I don't want to risk it.

Growlie19

Hatched a bunch of eggs (Mankey, Nidoran M, Ekans, and Zubat) and caught a Weepinbell on the way. The Nidoran M gave me enough candies to evolve it into Nidorino. That makes four new dex entries today, with Butterfree, Ekans, Nidorino, and Weepinbell. Just need another 3K exp to reach level 15!

hirokazu

Keep the one with the better stats. My feeling is XL weight/height Pokémon tend to have better CP, but it's not always the case and I might be wrong.

I tend to just go with the higher CP, but sometimes also consider where on the CP bar both are, and what moves they have as well. For example I had two Golbats that were exactly the same CP, but one was only about mid-way on the CP bar while the other was more like 3/4 of the way.

Productive bike ride today. Hatched both my 5k eggs (didn't get anything amazing though)

But had some AMAZING finds, that Ponyta just appeared mid-lecture!
YTkEJg9l.png

Majukun

Productive bike ride today. Hatched both my 5k eggs (didn't get anything amazing though)

But had some AMAZING finds, that Ponyta just appeared mid-lecture!
YTkEJg9l.png
I'll ask again to you since all your pawn seem like that.. what does that blue halo mean? not all. plan have it, and it doesn't seem related to the whole xs or xl stuff

Azerth

So this may be a stupid question but curiosity and all that.

If my item inventory is full and buy some pokeballs are they still added to my inventory or do i lose money?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
don't know if it's been said, but iOS 10 beta 3 fixes AR..

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turned it on and I don't know how I ever played without it. seriously. AR really sells this game big time.

ramyeon

don't know if it's been said, but iOS 10 beta 3 fixes AR..

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turned it on and I don't know how I ever played without it. seriously.
Yeah mentioned it a bit back. Also fixes the gyroscope issues and therefore battery saver mode works now too.

zulux21

When are they gonna fix the tracking :(

likely not until the game launches everywhere.

also don't forget tomorrow (well in a few hours) the tmobile tuesday free pokemon go data will go live.

there is a good chance this will flood the servers with extra people tomorrow so there might be extra server issues tomorrow. I know my wife is planning on a long long walk with her new unlimited data tomorrow.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
anyone having trouble connecting in Canada, when i am on wifi it is ok. When it goes to 3g it can never find my account and server times out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom