• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
no reason at all

i wish status moves were in the game. would make pokemon such as vileplume, golbat, weezing actually half decent

also leech

wrap can fuck off though

Vileplume is okay; good Vaporeon counter.

Spacejaws

Ok this is really annoying. How come I log into tge game and 10 seconds later it gives me no gps error (im on wifi) but I can go over to goole maps app. Itll pinpoint me without issue then back over to pokemon go, the error will dissapear and come right back.

Seems to be the exact moment a pokemon shows up on the map I get gps error. Location services turned on, background app refresh on for both poke go and google maps, location service set for always on google maps and when using for pokemon go(no always option) its starting to drive me a bit mad.

Pejo

Does anyone have a Slowpoke/Slowbro? He's a personal favorite of mine, and I was just curious as to what types of areas he lives in. I haven't even seen the shadow of one yet, and I've been in cities, grassy fields, and by the ocean.

Oreoleo

Does anyone have a Slowpoke/Slowbro? He's a personal favorite of mine, and I was just curious as to what types of areas he lives in. I haven't even seen the shadow of one yet, and I've been in cities, grassy fields, and by the ocean.

Had one pop up on the radar down by the boardwalk/riverfront over the weekend, but couldn't track it down because of the 3-step glitch.

Got him twice, both times right next to the ocean.

I caught one by a lake. And another by a random corn field.

CrazE

Banned
Has Niantic (sp) even mentioned ANYTHING at all about the 3 paw glitch? Any kind of anything? Would love that fixed the most. Makes tracking useless.

Owari

The nearby system is completely messed up now. Pokemon that aren't even at the top but at the bottom are spawning before ones that are supposed to be even closer.
It's been like this for about a week now.

The first impression all these new countries is getting is terrible.

This bug will kill any momentum they've achieved. Hype is dead at local events.

ViciousDS

Banned
Has Niantic (sp) even mentioned ANYTHING at all about the 3 paw glitch? Any kind of anything? Would love that fixed the most. Makes tracking useless.

They haven't said shit about anything. Tons have reported it and nothing happened. If you can login and spend money why rush......

Owari

I caught 10 on the beach. Checked the next day and they were all gone. GG Niantic.

I caught mine on a beach front (I live by the sea).

Any tips on tracking pokemon with the 3 paw glitch? Was trying to track a Cloyster that was in the top left of my nearby but kept shifting around and then eventually just disappeared

Kyonashi

Evolving is always 500xp no matter what. Eggs give xp based on their distance in the numbers you've stated as far as I'm aware. If the pokemon that hatches or the pokemon something evolves into isn't on your pokedex you still get the 500xp bonus for a 'new' pokemon on top of these values.

ugh every 'guide' on the internet i saw just said flat 500xp for eggs. so annoying that there's just a ton of false info everywhere.

Toki767

Any tips on tracking pokemon with the 3 paw glitch? Was trying to track a Cloyster that was in the top left of my nearby but kept shifting around and then eventually just disappeared

I don't try to track anything anymore. I just go around with the app open and I'll look at it if the phone vibrates in my hand.

Chaos17

I haven't been able to login for more than a day now!

Any news when is it gonna be fixed?

Weird that you can't connect. People were able to connect after servers burned for 3-4 hours yesterday. and then it was smooth this morning for Europeans until the afternoon when american get on lunch break

Caught a Slowpoke on the outskirts of a city.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Accidentally hatched my other 10k egg, a banner day for efficiency here. Least this one was a new heavy hitter for me, had no idea when I'd get more electabuzz candy.
ywlRMq9.png

TP17

What's the benefit of powering up a pokemon to full before evolving? Do they evolve to have a higher starting cp or to have a higher cp max?

Owari

In a way, you're probably better off playing the game that way though since you don't stress as much about not being able to find something on your radar.
Being level 21 with over 90 Pokémon, the radar is the only way the game is even fun for me. Radar + Skateboard was the most fun I've ever had with a mobile game.

The way the game is now is just broken and not fun. Random spawns suck. Gyms battles suck. No trading or battling. Crappy candy rewards for trading in evolved mons.. it's just bad. If it's not fixed after Friday I'll definitely uninstall.

Holy cow shoutout to the guy/gal that used that lure, grabbed a Ponyta!!!

God its gonna take FOREVER to catch em all for me, haven't even SEEN a bulbasaur yet

Visceir

I've caught a Slowbro and seen plenty of slowpoke silhouettes. If I'd have to guess where/how to find them I'd say resort/hotel areas near beaches that still have grassy(dark green) areas later in the evening. So far he has definitely been just a rare spawn for me though.

Gonna continue to avoid actively playing the game at least until they've sorted out the tracking/paw issues.

Spent the last coin I had gathered from gyms on another spare incubator. Eggs have been rather kind to me giving me pokemon like Growlithe and Sandshrew, seems to also be the most reliable way to get candy for rare pokemon.

I got a Grimer from the last 5km egg, but the game keeps crashing whenever I try to select it. Another bug to add to the pile~

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Some people are quite close to releasing a public app with a better tracker. Might have to wait on that

Doomsayer

This was fun for a bit, but I think I'm getting a little burnt out.

The whole '3 paw' glitch fundamentally breaks the game. I'll still have it open when I go on my nightly bike rides, but it with the game being broken it gives me less incentive to give a shit.

The people worried about soft bans/feel like they've already experienced them for the crime of driving around/not walking: I kind of think everyone's assuming soft bans when actually it's just glitchy servers. I've definitely gotten the thing where you spin a Pokestop and it tells you to try again even though it's still blue, or it spins and turns purple but doesn't give you anything but the 50XP, but I don't drive. I do take transit, but I've had the glitch happen to me in the middle of a long walk and success for the entirety of a streetcar trip. I really don't think it's a soft ban.

Re: the Python stuff. A few things about it: one, I don't think anyone's gotten it to run on a phone yet. Right now, you'd have to be wardriving to take advantage of this while on the go, and while I think that's a possibility/is totally happening, it's probably a very very small number of users. Two, you'll need to sign up for a secondary PTC account (i.e. don't use your main you idiot), and PTC account creation is throttled right now. Three, in my experience, it's flaky as hell; I've never gotten it to load a full map. Because it's also reliant on a PTC login, any PTC flakiness magnifies the issues. Four, it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult to harden the API to stuff like this. You probably can't completely eliminate this kind of application but you can absolutely make it harder to use/stay connected.

I'm not that worried about the game being ruined by stuff like this. I'd probably consider it a bit of a cheat, though, especially if you do manage to get it running on a phone. If you're GPS spoofing with this app, sure, that's an issue, but GPS spoofing is already resulting in bans. Plus, I don't actually think knowing the exact location of pokemon helps very much anyways compared to the massive advantage you get from being able to teleport anywhere you want.

The people making apps for a quick buck will or are using the api to write trainers etc hell you don't even need to gps spoof just an app that looks at what you have and only buzzes when you walk near something you don't have would make a huge profit on day 1 of release. And on from there:

The python library is a simple road map of the client server API and it's trivial. (Being a trivial game). It just needs your login credentials.

This is part of the trajectory of this game from fascinating early beta to saturation to realization of how much remains in development to make it a real long term game, to full exploitation.

Owari

This was fun for a bit, but I think I'm getting a little burnt out.

The whole '3 paw' glitch fundamentally breaks the game. I'll still have it open when I go on my nightly bike rides, but it with the game being broken it gives me less incentive to give a shit.
I feel like if Niantic doesn't give a shit, I don't see why I should.

Wazzy

Banned
Found a Lapras and it ran :( Was searching for 20 minutes until I could find it and it ran after one throw. First rare I've had get away.

Sealtest

So being an overweight person who is extremely lazy I didn't think i'd enjoy this game as much as I have.

But i've actually been waking up early everyday and going for a morning walk/fastwalk trying to catch Pokemon. This might be the game that gives me the exercise Ive needed for years.

GeeDuhb

So I had been avoiding the hype of this game, but finally gave in and downloaded it on Saturday night...I have to say, it is pretty cool, even with all the server issues. I am having quite a bit of fun. I actually went out and walked for a while both yesterday and today just to see what I could find.

Best part so far is, I got into work and found I have 2 pokestops very close to the office...one which I can hit from my desk! SCORE! XD

mishakoz

So being an overweight person who is extremely lazy I didn't think i'd enjoy this game as much as I have.

But i've actually been waking up early everyday and going for a morning walk/fastwalk trying to catch Pokemon. This might be the game that gives me the exercise Ive needed for years.

I love this. You go, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom