• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Got a Tauros today just as I learned about the region exclusive 'mons.

It was hanging out a few blocks from Wall St, so I named it Merrill (the game filters out Lynch, surprisingly).

Wollan

Has anyone figured if capture rates increases with levels? Or is it purely raspberries + type of Pokeball + curveball that ultimately determines it ? I know some levels seem to 'unlock' certain creatures and CP-levels but capture rates?

I've got an Arcanine that only weights 11.65 kg. I'm worried that he's anorexic.
Cnr2RfEUkAA6W4L.jpg

Cnr2RfFUAAAy84q.jpg

Cnr2RfFVYAISY03.jpg

I don't even understand how they function.

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE.

ramyeon

Seems like the AR is working on iOS 10 Developer Beta 3. So much harder to catch stuff with it on though, got used to having it off.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I walked 1.2 kilometres with pokemon go in low power mode upside down in my pocket, the screen at no point turned off, and the incubators registered nothing...Does it have to be held in not-low-power-mode? Because that's a pretty huge turn off. Heck, the app shouldn't even need to be open, it should just use M8/M9 on iPhones.
You can easily do background tracking on Android too but clearly a design decision to require the app being in focus. I'm with you though. The accidental app closing and all sorts of nonsense really make me wish it would just background track.

OBias

I live in a fairly small town in Eastern Europe in a country where the game is not officially launched yet, and there is already a captured (Team Mystic) gym right in front of my house. Pokémon Go spreads like a wildfire across the world, I'm very impressed.

When do I start getting Great Balls?

Does the shop sell them as well as standards at that point, or are they only gained from pokestops?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think the incubators update in real time. I dunno, sometimes I walk around, and don't see the incubators progress. Turn it off, and take a break. I look back and it jumped a few hundred meters.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I walked 1.2 kilometres with pokemon go in low power mode upside down in my pocket, the screen at no point turned off, and the incubators registered nothing...Does it have to be held in not-low-power-mode? Because that's a pretty huge turn off. Heck, the app shouldn't even need to be open, it should just use M8/M9 on iPhones.
nah but I've experienced that too... sometimes the time will show up minutes later all at once without moving, even after switching away from the game, sometimes it never does. :(

Muku

When do I start getting Great Balls?

Does the shop sell them as well as standards at that point, or are they only gained from pokestops?

Want to say level 12? But I'm 17 at this point and can't recall for sure. I don't see them on store either which makes me wonder if they'll ever put them up or only buy Pokeballs.

Maximo

Think for the most part Im now over the game besides when a few friends get together, my area just doesn't have much I could walk 10Ks and only hit up 3-4 Pokestops or head to the shopping centre and get a few more but don't feel like sitting alone staring at my mobile.

People in the city and my friends that work there seem to love the app more as they get rare shit and most are ontop of lures most of the day, don't want to have to keep the app open at all times just for the off chance for something good.

Still love the social phenomenon the memes and the funny messages from friends about pokemon and the occasional get together with friends and randoms thats great, but the game by myself and the constant bugs and issues and just how bad the app is at the moment has reached its limit for me.

hirokazu

Has anyone figured if capture rates increases with levels? Or is it purely raspberries + type of Pokeball + curveball that ultimately determines it ? I know some levels seem to 'unlock' certain creatures and CP-levels but capture rates?
I think it's a combination of a Pokémon's base catch rate and where on the trainer's CP scale it currently is, then gets modified by berries, ball, and nice/great/excellent and curveball catch bonuses.

So yeah, for the game to scale, I believe it would be affected by trainer level.

Muku

Guy in Toronto

13770349_10153764821461167_4758939248281868155_n.jpg

Think it was earlier in this thread I saw this. Old guy should just put the no fun sign on a stake and put it in his front yard.

I noticed a cul-de-sac neighborhood at end of last week put a No Pokemon Go Players Private Property sign on both sides of the street going into it. I can understand if jerks are on your lawn, but you can't really do anything if people are being respectful and on sidewalk/road. I've also noticed though since that they've got the gym at red with a ton of people guarding it. My theory is they're a bunch of team red and want to hog the gym for themselves because the two nights before they put them up I'd been going in and taking them over.

ikuze

Have you checked if your bag is full? If it is, you'll get the XP but no items. Pokeballs take inventory spots so if you're hitting up lots of Stops, make sure to ditch some things.

Yeah, I always have some space left. I just played a bit (2am here) and everything worked fine again. It was probably just the busy servers.

Sucks that the footstep thing is borked. Saw an Alakazam pop up on the radar, but couldn't find it. :(

It was probably in someone's yard or something.

zulux21

*five minutes ago*
hmm the server seems steady for the last few hours, I guess I can pop a lucky egg and evolve some stuff.

*starts evolving stuff on the third pokemon it freezes*

*can't log in now*

you just had to do this didn't you game :/

Anyone also get the three footprints bug? Anyway to fix that?

Oh yeah, and the rustling grass doesn't work either. No point in going there. Chance of finding a pokemon is same as in non rustling area.

So can someone help me. :(

Apple won't let me buy any IAP. I've spent $10 the first week, and now if I try to buy anything, I get:

CnsB4CoUIAAXPLo.jpg

I've gone to the link, just a generic support page that doesn't tell me my problem.

I have tried:

Changing my Payment Method on file, 3 times.
Restarted my Device.
Checked to ensure I have no restrictions on IAP.

Still won't let me buy PokeCoins. Any help?

hirokazu

Assumption is that Niantic changed the tracking to dramatically reduce serve load while they release the game in every other country.

In any case, it appears to be server side, not client side.
Yeah, I suspect that's also the reason they turned off the map on the Pokémon status screen.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, I suspect that's also the reason they turned off the map on the Pokémon status screen.

Wow, didn't even notice that. Just figured I was getting out of that screen before it loaded. Yeah definitely feels like they're shutting off services in the interim.

ViciousDS

Banned
Sucks that the footstep thing is borked. Saw an Alakazam pop up on the radar, but couldn't find it. :(

It was probably in someone's yard or something.

We found out that's it off completely. I had a charmeleon pop up despite being he second to last thing in my nearby. All the radar basically means it's in your area.......good.luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom