• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hycran

Banned
Yeah, my strategy is to evolve Pokémon whose CP is about 85% full or more, they all turn out pretty good if the species isn't shit-tier. It's rare that you catched evolved versions that high, but sometimes you get lucky.

IMO, save the Stardust for powering up your highest CP Pokémon to keep up as your trainer levels up.

If what you're saying is true, then it actually shouldn't matter when you evolve your pokemon, other than the multiplier you will get from the evolution. As an example, I have two eevees with the exact same level, and they are about 250 CP. If I hit level 40 they could be pumped up to around 1k which is the top limit for an eevee.

I guess what im trying to say is 85% CP is a good ratio for the evolution bump but doesnt really need to stand as a rule of any sort. All pokemon can reach the same max cp/hp/attack power, etc.

Darryl

Banned
I've felt like they've constantly made some changes to their system to make a greater variety of pokemon show up in any given area.

it's not just variety tho. there was more weakmon too. like at one point there were so many you couldn't even catch them all. like 5 pidgeys on the map at once. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they boosted Pokemon spawns on full moons.

oti

Banned
I have 10 evolutions at the ready. Should I pop my first lucky egg or wait for more? "___"

Reached lvl 12 yesterday and caught a Pikachu. :O

Galang

Banned
Between Harborfront and the CN Tower meet-up, Toronto was absolutely lit today. Fun times. Too bad the server issues were still real bothersome.

3EhEu4d.jpg

Awesome! Going there on Friday and hoping the turn out is similar

The only problem I have with this game is when the game decides to curve the Pokeballs I throw a sharp right. It's a problem I posted about multiple times already. I live in a rural area. When I do get to a Pokestop it takes me 30 minutes to farm 10 to 15 Pokeballs. I just lost 11 Pokeballs because they curved a unnatural right off screen.

I'm pissed. I farmed these Pokeballs yesterday and decided not to play yesterday because I wanted to make the Balls last. I run into a Venomoth and the first 8 curved right even when I used my left thumb and swiped slightly left. One hit and it broke out then 3 more curved right with the next one finally catching the Venomoth. Now I only have 1 left and watch me run into 2 Bulbasuar's again but be unable to catch them because I'm short on Pokeballs. This one thing is burning me out on this game.

Memles

The only problem I have with this game is when the game decides to curve the Pokeballs I throw a sharp right. It's a problem I posted about multiple times already. I live in a rural area. When I do get to a Pokestop it takes me 30 minutes to farm 10 to 15 Pokeballs. I just lost 11 Pokeballs because they curved a unnatural right off screen.

This starts happening as you get deeper into the game. The easiest way to fix it: "spin" the balls before you throw them and learn how to control the curve into the Pokemon yourself. It takes some learning, but it's way more consistent than trusting the curve.

zulux21

This starts happening as you get deeper into the game. The easiest way to fix it: "spin" the balls before you throw them and learn how to control the curve into the Pokemon yourself. It takes some learning, but it's way more consistent than trusting the curve.

which is just dumb. as you become a master trainer you should get better at throwing balls not worse :p

The game is still not working for me. I tried 3 different phones from 3 different carriers and 4 different accounts. I'm in UAE at the moment so maybe they're stopping logins from un-official countries to ease the stress on the servers?

Posting this list again over possible location types where the various pokemon types spawn:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/15/pokemon-go-where-to-find-pokemon-types/

Seems to be atleast partially accurate. Of course, what the game considers this or that area type, may not coincide completely with what it actually is.

Went out last night and did the evolve thing. Went up from level 13 to 16.

Got a beedril amongst other things. Beedrils have low CP but they are pretty powerful attack wise :p

speaking of screen shots. in a town where 1100 was the biggest I had seen the yellow team suddenly snuck up in one of the gyms with this

We had lapras with around 2000 cp from pretty much monday last week. Game officially launched 5 days later on saturday :p

zulux21

The gym closest to me has a 2479 Dragonite as the gym leader. Will be happy to see that thing fall.

I'll be heading to my wife's work tomorrow and I expect the gyms there to be angry.

my town itself is pretty small, and even then most of the kids are hitting my wife's work as it has pokestops and gyms more like a big city despite being in a town of 10k people lol.

but it's also full of nerds thus why the expectation of higher dungeons.

We had lapras with around 2000 cp from pretty much monday last week. Game officially launched 5 days later on saturday :p

see I know bigger stuff is out there, but...

is the spot with the most spots that I know of in the main town.

are the other gyms in the area and I live near the main area of town lol.

thus why it was surprising to see a higher one.

I imagine the level 24 person has been going to downtown madison wi to level up.

Hikami

holy shit guys

Here's what I made in like ~5 minutes in Photoshop: http://i.imgur.com/8t7gmAf.png

Now just take a picture of it with your phone, tilt it to the side, and make it as blurry as possible and voila.

I'm wondering if the couple people who responded to me noticed I literally took a photo of the photo of a screenshot posted up the page. lol
yes

Sadly, sarcasm isn't readable unless you make it obvious enough.

zulux21

In my house alone over the past week, a Sandshrew, Ponyta, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Aerodactyl have popped up in a neighborhood that matches none of what is listed on that site.

So yeah, pretty much bs. But it brings the hits.

it might have some influence in it.

I mean i've heard over and over that water pokemon spawn more near water.

just like we see some differences to common types.

where I am at I see rattatta, weedle and pidgy during the day and zubat at night with those ones.

caterpie is decently rare and so is drowsy and eevee.

everything else is super rare even something like sparrow lol.

I'm wondering if the couple people who responded to me noticed I literally took a photo of the photo of a screenshot posted up the page. lol

Also, the Zapdos in the original is sourced from official artwork - the in-game render has a different silhouette.

Toki767

it might have some influence in it.

I mean i've heard over and over that water pokemon spawn more near water.

just like we see some differences to common types.

where I am at I see rattatta, weedle and pidgy during the day and zubat at night with those ones.

caterpie is decently rare and so is drowsy and eevee.

everything else is super rare even something like sparrow lol.

The only thing for sure is that water pokemon spawn more near bodies of water. And that cities are full of Pidgeys/Zubats.

Really can't confirm a whole lot else.

Oreoleo

Yessss finally find myself the elusive Pikachu B)

It's 1am and I had to bolt up the road and wait a few minutes for him to spawn while probably looking like a madman but it was so worth it! 3-step glitch be damned, just know where the spawns are in your neighborhood and you're golden.

Evolved myself a new Jolteon too, more than double the CP of my first one. Electric game is on point now.

Not a fan of the gym system.

Like you can have a level 10 gym with super strong Pokemon on it but as long as someone can 6v1 the first in the lineup they can just grind the entire gym out with potions and revives. Makes the entire thing seem pointless.

Saw a Grimer, Fearow, Koffing and Hypno pass me by yesterday. No idea how close they were, though, since the feet system is still borked.

zulux21

Yessss finally find myself the elusive Pikachu B)

It's 1am and I had to bolt up the road and wait a few minutes for him to spawn while probably looking like a madman but it was so worth it! 3-step glitch be damned, just know where the spawns are in your neighborhood and you're golden.

Evolved myself a new Jolteon too, more than double the CP of my first one. Electric game is on point now.

is there a good place to figure out spawn points?
that pokemon radar won't load right for me, likely because I have a lot of privacy stuff installed lol.

Not a fan of the gym system.

Like you can have a level 10 gym with super strong Pokemon on it but as long as someone can 6v1 the first in the lineup they can just grind the entire gym out with potions and revives. Makes the entire thing seem pointless.

it seemed odd to me as well, but then I thought about the idea of merely building up a giant gym and then was like... that would suck for more casual and newer players.

the way it is isn't to bad. typically I can jump into a gym at some point during the day and snag 10 pokecoins while playing casually which is nice.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The only thing for sure is that water pokemon spawn more near bodies of water. And that cities are full of Pidgeys/Zubats.

Really can't confirm a whole lot else.

Haven't looked yet but if that thing says water pokemon spawn more often after a nice bit of rain I have to agree.

My girly has been playing since US launch and even though we live in a coastal area the only time we saw water pokemon was when we drove near the beach...until a few days ago that is. We've had quite a few severe thunderstorms in savannah in the past few days, and after the storms we saw Staryu, Poliwhirl, and Krabby everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom