• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAP151

Someone put a lure at the most popular spot near us. There was literally a dozen people walking around and stopping in front of the sign. All ages too. Crazy.

Someone put a lure at the most popular spot near us. There was literally a dozen people walking around and stopping in front of the sign. All ages too. Crazy.

Yeah yesterday I went for a walk with my wife and someone used a lure at a Pokestop at a streetcorner, we could only see one guy standing next to his bike there...then we get closer and there are almost 10 people sitting :-D

Matush

Two questions:

Is it worth upgrading mons when I'm at level 11, or should I wait until I'm lvl 20 aka softcap?

And should I upgrade mons on all evolution levels before evolving them, or just evolve and upgrade them then?

BowieZ

Banned
What's the highest CP Magikarp people have found?

I'm level 22 and still not found higher than 135ish. I'm about ready to evolve too.....

Toki767

What's the highest CP Magikarp people have found?

I'm level 22 and still not found higher than 135ish. I'm about ready to evolve too.....

I have a 144 and 140 Magikarp that I need about 38 Magikarp candy left to evolve.

I think someone here had one at 150+ though.

Does anyone know if the all the games save files are stored on the server?
I'm getting a new phone in a few days and don't want to lose any progress.

zulux21

I got one Magikarp....35....

So how many different Pokemon do you have? I caught 49 and saw 51 and started playing 10 days ago :)

26 caught, 27 seen.

I started the day before it launched in NA, but I was tied to wifi only for a while thus haven't gotten out and explored a ton. in fact I am almost level 11 and have only managed to hatch a single 5km egg, no 2km or 10km yet.

Toki767

So we kill one pokemon and it stays dead for a while?

Say a gym is level 3 and has 3 pokemon in it.

If you beat at least 1 pokemon, that gym will lose prestige.

Lower that gym's prestige enough to make it level 2 and the gym will only have 2 pokemon. Lower it enough to make its prestige level 1 and it'll only have 1 pokemon.

Lower the gym to 0 prestige and then you can claim gym.

Moff

So we kill one pokemon and it stays dead for a while?

if you defeat one or more of the pokemon in the enemy gym, the gym's prestige will fall, if it falls enough, the gym loses spots. the weakest pokemon will drop out then until only the strongest is in there, and every attacker has 6 pokemon and you can all attack together, it's really not that hard

Nodnol

Have been playing here in the UK a day or two ahead of when it officially came out.

Slowly but surely, I'm building a half decent team. Where I live sucks for it, but I travel a lot for work each day so I'm always in and around new places. Only downside is I don't have the time to go for a wander.

I've been amazed at how this has taken off, and the sheer diversity of people getting involved. I drove through the small market town near me on Saturday, and the streets were so busy with Pokemon trainers young and old.

Last night, whilst driving home, someone had put a lure up on a stop, so I pulled into the carpark to make the most of it, and the place was filled with people.

I'm enjoying the base game, but I really hope they use the crest of this wave to build the game going forward. I know we are getting trading, and likely special events too, but a P2P aspect would be great.

I'm getting there gaf...

13718498_10155034023348989_878241929775194219_n.jpg

The rest will be slow going. I live in Los Angeles hence the sheer amount of different Pokemon around

aravuus

Goddamn, found a Haunter and it broke out of the ball 8 times before I finally caught it. Was ready to give up after the fifth time, glad I endured though.

Rootbeer

Banned
T-Mobile tuesday deals are live.

Today (Tues) is the only day you canclaim the 1 free year of pokemon go data where it won't count against your data usage.

Firemind

if you defeat one or more of the pokemon in the enemy gym, the gym's prestige will fall, if it falls enough, the gym loses spots. the weakest pokemon will drop out then until only the strongest is in there, and every attacker has 6 pokemon and you can all attack together, it's really not that hard
Can you whittle down their hp together or do you have to battle them seperately at full health? How do double battles work?

Im quite stunned I cannot battle my friends, at first I thought "maybe I can battle them on the gym" but no, not even there (unless I become the gym leader). Is there any plans on bringing this in the game?

I cant wait but to feel like this is JUST a collection game, if I have nothing to do with my pokemons, and its the essencial part of the series, to evolve and battle you're minion with others! It defeats the purpose to call us "trainers" If I cant train, choose what skills to use and how to use them..

Ydelnae

I think Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are tied to the teams. My current theory is that if there are like +10 gyms under the Blue Team in the same area, Articuno will have a chance to appear there. The more the blue gyms, the higher the chance it appears.

Sadist

Game seems to run pretty well right now.

Only issue I have right now is that Pokémon cries loop until I close the app.

Chaos17

Im quite stunned I cannot battle my friends, at first I thought "maybe I can battle them on the gym" but no, not even there (unless I become the gym leader). Is there any plans on bringing this in the game?

I'm pretty sure I've read gaffers saying they were able to kick out from gyms their own team members by battling them. But they weren't in the gym.

I cant wait but to feel like this is JUST a collection game, if I have nothing to do with my pokemons, and its the essencial part of the series, to evolve and battle you're minion with others! It defeats the purpose to call us "trainers" If I cant train, choose what skills to use and how to use them..
Gyms are the big focus beyond catching.

Also, battling is definitely coming (IIRC it was in the debut trailer even), it's just a matter of when. Trading too (there's already a section in the ToS regarding trading). They've also said the plan is to release updates every two weeks (not including hot fixes and the like). Once the global rollout slows and servers are ok, we'll probably start seeing some sort of roadmap.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I think Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are tied to the teams. My current theory is that if there are like +10 gyms under the Blue Team in the same area, Articuno will have a chance to appear there. The more the blue gyms, the higher the chance it appears.

that's what this game needs.

more emphasis on cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom