• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people happy about low level rare pokemon aaah. I honestly feel like I'm missing a huge part of the game. It's too weak to use anyway, and you will never have stuff to upgrade it, no?

This isn't even a troll, I legit don't understand, I'm super bummed when I find a low level super rare mon.

Why are people happy about low level rare pokemon aaah. I honestly feel like I'm missing a huge part of the game. It's too weak to use anyway, and you will never have stuff to upgrade it, no?

This isn't even a troll, I legit don't understand, I'm super bummed when I find a low level super rare mon.

You know the whole point of this game is collecting right?

Well, the way I see it...There's a few ways to play the game.

There's the gym aspect.

There's the making your pokemon as powerful as possible aspect.

And there's the collect them all aspect!

Bishop89

Zcz35UH.png

Sounds legit

Kaze Kyou

Okay, is it just me or is getting Pokecoins virtually impossible?

I've managed to topple over gyms and force my way into impenetrable gyms of the same team... yet the most I've defended one is 5-6 hours.

NO NINTENDO. YOU. ARE. NOT. GETTING. MY. MONEY. YET. >_<

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I've managed to topple over gyms and force my way into impenetrable gyms of the same team... yet the most I've defended one is 5-6 hours.

As soon as you hold a gym, you can collect the coins. You just can't collect twice within 21 hours.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Pokémon GO is already the Top Free and Top Grossing game on the Play Store in Canada. You cannot stop this monster.

KHlover

Banned

Just wait until you can actually collect again and then blitz a few gyms at a time where no one has time to play, like 9am or so. Well, unless you have to work yourself or summer vacation already started in your country. Also, rather than toppling opposing gyms try to reinforce gyms of your own color? As long as you have a Pokemon in it you can collect. Freshly taken over gyms are easy to topple, so you won't control them for long.

Would have worked well for me today if I hadn't wasted my permit to collect yesterday evening. :S

Audioboxer

That Android Xposed module that adds a joystick is lol. Don't need to travel anywhere, can just sit at home. (it fakes GPS location)

Chaos17

That Android Xposed module that adds a joystick is lol. Don't need to travel anywhere, can just sit at home. (it fakes GPS location)

Ingress players warned Pokemon Go players on Reddit to not use Fake gps location because Niantics ban people who do that.
You've been warned.

This tracking glitch is so annoying. A Chansey popped up in my nearby while I was sitting at home and I walked around the whole neighbourhood and it never appeared to get any closer. Then a Magnemite, which I don't have, came up on my nearby as the thing closest to me but Pidgey and Rattata were still the only thing spawning.

Anarion07

You have to wait for Brazil, and South America, and Antarctica first.

Then China, Russia, and assorted Asian countries.

And France.

Cant' forget the Arctic, either -- they'll need pokemon go.

And then they can fix the servers.

I'm pretty sure there's pressure on them from somewhere above.
It's probably not Niantics decision to keep launching in more countries.
And the fact that more and more countries are online and the game works should tell you that they ARE in fact working on the servers

spekkeh

Banned
So I caught a Pidgeot just now, but it was significantly lower level than the Pidgeotto I already had. This game is a bit confusing sometimes.

Majukun

only noticed now than when you evolve a pokèmon his moves get randomized again...last time i checked the moves were the same after evolution,but it must have been a coincidence..so basically the rule is just "evolve the last pokèmon you catched because it's the one with the most potential" ,regardless of what moves it has
So I caught a Pidgeot just now, but it was significantly lower level than the Pidgeotto I already had. This game is a bit confusing sometimes.

well,to be honest,even in the main games of the series wild pokèmon re always weaker than trained ones.
Saw a Blastoise today but couldn't catch it for the life of me :(.

When do you start getting Greatballs?

around level 11/12..probably 12 if i remember correctly

Quonny

Nope, just go on a Pokéstop Tour,

Not gonna lie. I'm spoofing to a group of two PokeStops and stocking up that way, then going out on walks and bike rides to actually catch Pokemon.

If I get banned, I get banned, but the utter imbalance between rural and city folk is ridiculous.

been playing for 3 days and i only caught 15 pokemon and seen 17

wish i lived in a big city

I live in Brussels and there is a shit ton of pidgey and weedle most of the time, thank god I hatched a lot of eggs.

Even with incense and lure model, you cannot get a lot of various pokemon, it's just too luck based

MrHoot

Niantic's absolute silence on everything is very frustrating tho.

Tracker still broken with absolutely no news at all, and most of the news for the game come from outside sources, not even the company itself who consistently "doesn't comment"

Majukun

What do I do with my Pidgeys and why are people saying they are great for getting EXP?

fosser pokèmon like ratata ,ekans or pidgey evolve with way less candy than the other pokèmon (25 vs the normal 50 if i remember correctly)
people just amass tons of them,pop an happy egg that doubles the exp for 30 minutes and mass evolve their pidgeys/ratata/etc. all at once,getting a lot of exp
i did it a couple of times..it wasn't an incredible boost,but it's valuable
Is there a nice simple guide to how gym battles and training works?

actually,a lot..just search pokèmon go on google and you are gonna find a lot of guides.

ffvorax

What do I do with my Pidgeys and why are people saying they are great for getting EXP?

Get a lot of pidgey to have enough candies to evovle them... use a lucky egg before doing it. Get double exp. Profit.

This can be done also for Pk you have to evolve and better if you don't have their evolution yet.

I'm waiting to evolve a lot of pokemon 'cause one the the next days i will have some spare time to go out and do that while also catching some pokemon during the luckyegg countdown, 'cause al the exp are doubled, even the catching pokemon one.

KHlover

Banned
They are the flying rats of PGO and they only take 12 bonbons to evolve. Lots of evolutions=lots of exp. Doubly so if you save up on bonbons, use a Lucky Egg and then evolve many at once for double exp

fosser pokèmon like ratata ,ekans or pidgey evolve with way less candy than the other pokèmon (25 vs the normal 50 if i remember correctly)
people just amass tons of them,pop an happy egg that doubles the exp for 30 minutes and mass evolve their pidgeys/ratata/etc. all at once,getting a lot of exp
i did it a couple of times..it wasn't an incredible boost,but it's valuableactually,a lot..just search pokèmon go on google and you are gonna find a lot of guides.

Pidgey takes 12.

Battles and training are basically the same, training is against your team and battles against other teams.

3 commandos in a fight. Touch your Pokémon (sounds bad) once for the first attack, slide right or left for "dodging" if it works and once your special meter is full you can use the second attack by holding your finger on your Pokemon....

guess thats all to be honest :D

Gym : if it's your teams gym
Battle the lowest guy with whomever you pick, win to increase XP if XP increases the gym level, then you can add a Pokemon of your choice to that gym it's now got an extra slot. The more slots the more xp must rise to add another slot.

If it's another teams gym
Choose to battle, re order the Six by tap on one, tap who you want in that slot and repeat: then battle: just tap tap tap fast and if the blue bar under the blue blocks fills up long press to special attack, keep defeating gym pokemons until you defeat them all or all your guys die. Defeat at least one to knock xp off the gym keep healing and repeating this until xp drops so far you have one gym monster left, defeat him and then the gym is empty, put your choice in the empty gym, before someon else grabs it.

That's it.
Normally in an hour to several hours or a day, the gym is turned over and you get your Pokemon back the symbol next to it in the list vanishes and the shop reward stops saying "1" on it. (Or "2" if you have two gyms, etc)

Imo after the first few times for the lolz it isn't worth doing. Any of it. For one gyms get turned over you don't collect more than the once 10 gold piece bonus and for another the battling is tedious.

I'm pretty sure there's pressure on them from somewhere above.
It's probably not Niantics decision to keep launching in more countries.
And the fact that more and more countries are online and the game works should tell you that they ARE in fact working on the servers

The game doesn't work.

Ydelnae

Oh, okay thanks. I can't use that, since my area is flooded with Poliwags and Goldeens and almost no non-water Pokémon lol

trugs26

Pidgey is a very common Pokemon which only requires 12 candy to evolve. You normally get 500 exp per evolution. People recommend getting 65 ready to evolve Pokemon, then turn on a lucky egg which doubles your exp, then evolve all 65 of them, giving you 1000 exp per evolution. Other notable Pokemon are Weedle and Caterpie which also only require 12 candy as well.

NOTE: They say approximately 65 because the lucky egg doubles exp for 30 minutes, and people have calculated that given the time it takes to evolve each Pokemon (clicking and the animations), you can do about 60-65 evolutions in 30 minutes.

KHlover

Banned
The game doesn't work.

http://ispokemongodownornot.com/

It does.

Pidgey is a very common Pokemon which only requires 12 candy to evolve. You normally get 500 exp per evolution. People recommend getting 65 ready to evolve Pokemon, then turn on a lucky egg which doubles your exp, then evolve all 65 of them, giving you 1000 exp per evolution. Other notable Pokemon are Weedle and Caterpie which also only require 12 candy as well.

NOTE: They say approximately 65 because the lucky egg doubles exp for 30 minutes, and people have calculated that given the time it takes to evolve each Pokemon (clicking and the animations), you can do about 60-65 evolutions in 30 minutes.

http://www.pidgeycalc.com/

Very useful tool for this stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom