• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daknight

It finally works in Puerto Rico! Manage to capture 7 pokemon (they were all around me the moment I started the app). Today I'll walk all my neighborhood!

Chaos17

Oh, Naza

chhvHS4.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tk6j1/oh_nasa/

Hahaa XD
Good fake, lol

acm2000

this game really badly needs better introduction and instructions, so many people playing it wrong from not bothering to catch ones they already have to throwing pokeballs when the circle is at its smallest (the most common error ive seen)

Banzai

this game really badly needs better introduction and instructions, so many people playing it wrong from not bothering to catch ones they already have to throwing pokeballs when the circle is at its smallest (the most common error ive seen)

You're supposed to throw when the ring is small. The guide from Niantic themselves says so.

Anarion07

I mean.. if they hit it when it's smallest, it is better.
But well, as long as they're having fun

I signed up for the unlimited high speed data from the T-Mobile Tuesday app. "Free, unlimited data on Pokémon GO so it won’t touch your high speed data for a full year."

acm2000

You're supposed to throw when the ring is small. The guide from Niantic themselves says so.

throw it when the ring is at its biggest, as close to the line as possible (ie throw just as the circle is about to recycle over to the beginning again), you get a "nice!" throw notification and much less chance of it escaping.

as i seriously the only person who has noticed this?

Isn't getting it in the circle at its smallest how you get the "Excellent!" bonus?

It finally works in Puerto Rico! Manage to capture 7 pokemon (they were all around me the moment I started the app). Today I'll walk all my neighborhood!
Yeah! My son and I caught like 6 in the span of 30 min in Aguadilla. He is having so much fun! Btw, if you have an iPad with wifi only you can play as long as you have a wifi connection available.

Anarion07

throw it when the ring is at its biggest, as close to the line as possible (ie throw just as the circle is about to recycle over to the beginning again), you get a "nice!" throw notification and much less chance of it escaping.

...If you hit it when its smaller, your chance is even higher/you get more EXP. It's in the game files.

"Nice" is the "worst" kind of circle hitting you can do. The smaller, the better. You get "Excellent" etc. then

acm2000

...If you hit it when its smaller, your chance is even higher/you get more EXP. It's in the game files.

"Nice" is the "worst" kind of circle hitting you can do. The smaller, the better. You get "Excellent" etc. then

strange cause they hardly escape at all if you get it on or near the outer line and at level 12 they try to escape a lot

KHlover

Banned

Well if the ring is smaller and you still hit within the ring you get Great or Excellent, which reward you with 50/100 Exp. "Nice" is the worst of the capture rewards.

Mr Swine

Banned
Holy cow, I'm visiting Gävle (a bigger city in Sweden) and immediately I went near the library and there are 3 poke stops with lures and roughly 20-30 people playing Pokemon Go.

It's absolutely nuts how popular the game is 0_0

Kjellson

Is anyone else completely awful at aiming Pokéballs? I was good at the basketball game on the Facebook Messenger app but I stink at throwing Pokéballs!

spekkeh

Banned
You know you've got too much time on your hands if it becomes a factor how many pidgies you can evolve from your deck in 30 minutes. Come on people, it's a mobile game.

xewind

Yes! Just woke up to the news like a hour ago (El blogiante on FB going crazy about it lol).

I will go around the neighborhood later, might go to Plaza las Américas as well just to see what I might catch there. Have fun!

Joni

Managed to catch 16 Pokémon in my lunch break going out with some coworkers.
Also managed to overheat my phone twice.

Majukun

I dunno... I see stuff last in the list suddenly appear right in front of me. It stays there at the end of the list, too. Think it's more broken than some realise.

it's totally broken and unreliable,i passed the entire morning stroll looking for rare pokèmon just for them to disappear from the radar..lost a magmar,a chansey,a nidoran and a horsea because of that

eaise

Neo Member
With the new Europe servers maybe they can fix the tracking bug. Missed the first dratini I've ever seen on the nearby list and the first snorlax too.

Flayer

Well if the ring is smaller and you still hit within the ring you get Great or Excellent, which reward you with 50/100 Exp. "Nice" is the worst of the capture rewards.
It's risk vs reward. Nice is far easier to get, while excellent is really tricky. On a Zubat, for instance, I'll always aim for a big circle and the nice bonus because Zubats are far away and move a lot. However I'll go for a great or excellent bonus when capturing a Rattata because its near and doesn't move.

Generally it can be a good idea to go for a nice bonus because you'll be able to score it far more often. Once you are familiar with a pokemons capture pattern it can be worth being more ambitious.

Kyuur

So is there any reason for getting stuck on the load screen besides server issues? Went for a walk today, game froze on catching a Pidgey or something so we reboot the app, wouldn't load for the rest of the walk.. but on the way back we saw someone else playing, so couldn't have been server right? :|

jennetics

So being an overweight person who is extremely lazy I didn't think i'd enjoy this game as much as I have.

But i've actually been waking up early everyday and going for a morning walk/fastwalk trying to catch Pokemon. This might be the game that gives me the exercise Ive needed for years.

Heck yeah, man. Keep at it!

cHinzo

Popped a lucky egg and evolved all my Pokemon plus used an incense after. Went from lvl 9 to lvl 13. :D When do you get those high CP Pokemons in the wild?

lt519

Was late to work because I decided to track down a Wigglytuff. He escaped several times and on my worst throw the game froze. Rebooted and he was in my Pokemon inventory :)

I'm level 17 and I haven't seen anything even hit 500 yet so...eventually?

All luck. Ran into an 800 CP Tauros at Level 16 yesterday. Different Pokemon (and at different stages) have different CP ranges as well. You'll never find a 1st stage Pokemon higher than 400 at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom