• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjell

Stay safe people!
6rDBbLj.png

zoukka

Saw Hitmonchan in "nearby" but the game froze and it disappeared.

Also saw a magneton and got the freezing ball bug.

Fuck.

XOMTOR

Been having Pokemon appear that are in the 2nd and 3rd row of the tracker. I thought it was just the "feet" display that was wrong; the whole thing is borked.

adamy

Banned
Have no issue with 2 out of 3 starters yet have never even seen a squirtle on my tracker...

image.png

Also, I have enough candy to evolve my ivy, but I guess his low CP level makes it not worth it?

EL CUCO

I swear the Rattata is just there to purge Pokéballs. Basic ass Rat just broke out of 3 balls.

I just left him right there..

Edit: and now there's another Rattata popping up lol no thanks.

KillerBEA

Nice, got a Pinsir from my 10km egg. Got a few of evolutions polished off today; got Persian, Poliwhirl, & Fearow. Plus more Horsea and Nidorans popping up

Have no issue with 2 out of 3 starters yet have never even seen a squirtle on my tracker...

image.png

Also, I have enough candy to evolve my ivy, but I guess his low CP level makes it not worth it?

I think it depends on your original starter choice. I chose Squirtle and I see plenty of Bulbasaur and a few wild Squirtle, but no Charmander to speak of.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
T-mobile people, remember to log into the tmobile tuesday app today for a couple freebies, especially if you can use one year of unlimited data for PoGo.

sophora

I think it depends on your original starter choice. I chose Squirtle and I see plenty of Bulbasaur and a few wild Squirtle, but no Charmander to speak of.

There's probably some credit to this. I chose charmander too as my starter, now I've caught several bulbasaur to evolve one into a 550CP ivysaur. I'm even starting to find more squirtle around here. Only found one charmander since day 1 of this game.

MajorMane

There's probably some credit to this. I chose charmander too as my starter, now I've caught several bulbasaur to evolve one into a 550CP ivysaur. I'm even starting to find more squirtle around here. Only found one charmander since day 1 of this game.

I would echo this based on my own personal experiences (choose Squirtle, never see Charmander)... but everyone in my area finds Squirtle and no Charmander, no matter what starter they chose. So I think it just depends on your area.

lt519

Eh, I chose Squirtle and haven't seen a single Charmander/Bulbasaur but have caught 4-5 more Squirtles.

Nice, got a Pinsir from my 10km egg. Got a few of evolutions polished off today; got Persian, Poliwhirl, & Fearow. Plus more Horsea and Nidorans popping up

Only seen Meowth a few ties, would love to get his evolution. Got a Pinsir from my egg last night too!

I swear the Rattata is just there to purge Pokéballs. Basic ass Rat just broke out of 3 balls.

I just left him right there..

Edit: and now there's another Rattata popping up lol no thanks.

Imagine my dismay when I hatched a Zubat this morning from a 2k egg. Thanks for the stardust.

Palmer_v1

Any place online to buy a nice zippered hoodie with either pokemon go or just team mystic on it? Need a birthday present for the wife..

Midas

Holy cow, I'm visiting Gävle (a bigger city in Sweden) and immediately I went near the library and there are 3 poke stops with lures and roughly 20-30 people playing Pokemon Go.

It's absolutely nuts how popular the game is 0_0

Gävle isn't what you would describe as a "bigger city". So even more impressive.

Ambitious

Later today, I'm going to travel about 100km by bus, and I've got nine eggs to hatch. Just making sure: This is going to work, right?

kierwynn

My husband and I have been playing this a lot recently and it's gotten pretty fun now that we're starting to actually understand how to play. We live in a small town, but have had some pretty good luck with spawns at the house- just got an ivysaur in the backyard last night! Pokestops are really spread out here, so it's hard to hit several of them just by walking, which sucks, but at least there is a church a short drive from here that has 4 stops and a gym. Just wish we had the amount of stops together you can find in a city!

At least we're going to Houston this weekend- there has to be a lot of stops/Pokemon in downtown Houston!
We're also going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and I know there's stops everywhere there... lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Later today, I'm going to travel about 100km by bus, and I've got nine eggs to hatch. Just making sure: This is going to work, right?
no. lol. Who gave you that impression?

If the bus starts and stops a lot, you'll get credit for the distance you're accelerating and decelerating from 0...
Any place online to buy a nice zippered hoodie with either pokemon go or just team mystic on it? Need a birthday present for the wife..
Etsy is the only real source for now afaik.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/465328...Qg5aK0nLsQ94GYw6ZzugEvCg8SW93TxS8ORoC0m_w_wcB kinda wish it didn't have the words, otherwise pretty nice

Sadist

I knew Shu is a good man.

Anyway, had enough Pidgey and Weedles to mass evolve a ton of fodder. 50,000 exp later I went from almost lvl 12 to almost lvl 16 :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I get my bike back in working order tonight, yayyyy.

Was interesting making the best of my surroundings on foot for a couple days but I get way more out of it when cycling. And I got a new extended battery case + mount combo to try out :D

Daknight

Yes! Just woke up to the news like a hour ago (El blogiante on FB going crazy about it lol).

I will go around the neighborhood later, might go to Plaza las Américas as well just to see what I might catch there. Have fun!

Oh Man, Plaza is normally full...I can't imagine now with the Pokemon Go fever O_O I hope the store capitalize with specials or something like they do in the states!

Ambitious

Dear Niantic,

I like you. I like your game. So do my friends. We've hung out more in person this past week than we have since Destiny came out 2 years ago. You changed our dynamic for the better and I appreciate that. I support you. Even after your servers crash the second I use an incense and lucky egg. Even after traveling what feels like a million miles to catch a Pokemon on the radar only for it to not really be there. Even after you keep releasing the game in more countries while on rocky ground...I support you. Word is tomorrow you are letting Japan take a GO at it. Before your servers turn into piles of rubble, show us some support. Open the gates and let the Pokemon run freely if only for a few hours. Turn down the Pidgey and ratatta rate, turn up the starters. Put more pikachus out there. Turn the tracker back to its 1-2-3 step system. Please and thank you.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this game is literally unplayable if you're not near a town. walked enough to hatch two eggs and saw two pidgeys and one pidgeotto. naturally never even saw a pokestop or a gym on the map.

there should be some system that walking a lot produces some incense-lite type effect that attracts wild pokemon. like they can smell your sweat in the hot noon day sun.

You said the "game" doesn't work. The game does work.
And if you know how to use the tracker without the paw number, even that works fine.

A giant function of the game.doesnt work. If you want to make excuses that's fine. Changes nothing. The game doesn't work.

And yet they still have zero.communication and launch in new countries.

Blues1990

I'm at level 10 & I have a bunch of eggs & incubators. But I don't know how egg hatching works, as tapping one of the incubators isn't doing anything.

MajorMane

I'm at level 10 & I have a bunch of eggs & incubators. But I don't know how egg hatching works, as tapping one of the incubators isn't doing anything.

Go to your Pokemon, click the tab in the top right corner labeled Eggs, pick the egg you want to hatch, incubators should pop up at the bottom, pick one of the incubators (I suggest saving any 3-use incubators for 5km or 10km), and voila.

You can't remove an egg from the incubator, so choose what eggs you want to hatch first wisely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No one. I was just asking. Wasn't aware that there's a maximum speed restriction.
sorry if that was rude- sounded like someone had told you "hey if you just get on the bus you can hatch all your eggs!"

But yeah, it's just intended to stop you from getting on the highway and getting them done in like 8 minutes.

T.O.P

Banned
Nice got two 10km eggs in the last pokestops i went to

Wonderig if i should wait to reach lvl20 or just go ahead (16 currently)

Unbounded

Yknow, just a thought.

Assuming there's a gen 8 eventually, how would ya'll feel if they introduced new pokemon through pokemon go at first instead of doing it through the mainline games?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice got two 10km eggs in the last pokestops i went to

Wonderig if i should wait to reach lvl20 or just go ahead (16 currently)
what pops out of them CP-wise is based on the level you were when you got them, and they're occupying slots in your egg inventory that cannot be regained. Do NOT wait to hatch 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom