• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucumo

Yknow, just a thought.

Assuming there's a gen 8 eventually, how would ya'll feel if they introduced new pokemon through pokemon go at first instead of doing it through the mainline games?

Wouldn't matter to me since I would (in its current state) quit before the release of the 3rd generation at the latest.

Blues1990

Tap on the egg, not the incubator. When you tap a egg it gives you the option "Start incubation" :)

Go to your Pokemon, click the tab in the top right corner labeled Eggs, pick the egg you want to hatch, incubators should pop up at the bottom, pick one of the incubators (I suggest saving any 3-use incubators for 5km or 10km), and voila.

You can't remove an egg from the incubator, so choose what eggs you want to hatch first wisely.

Yay, it works! Thanks, guys. I'm going to go hiking later this morning, so getting 10 kilometres will be a snap.

I might have an addiction. Who am I kidding, I definitely have an addiction.

Yknow, just a thought.

Assuming there's a gen 8 eventually, how would ya'll feel if they introduced new pokemon through pokemon go at first instead of doing it through the mainline games?

Hm, naaa. I'd understand the surprise factor, but there are a lot of cool old pokémons, I'd want to catch them first.

KillerBEA

I don't see many starters. I would love to get Charmanders so I can get a Charizard.

Only seen Meowth a few ties, would love to get his evolution. Got a Pinsir from my egg last night too!

After finding out the nearby lake was a consistent spawn for Meowths I went everyday until I got enough Meowths. Evolved it into a Persian, named it after an old pet that died several years ago. That cat is going nowhere now.

Just finished up my morning run and got my Eevees so I can finally make my Vaporeon. But it's nearly noon and this is the time the servers crash nearly every day so.. I'm going to hold onto my lucky egg and evolvefest until the servers stablize.

Chaos17

I feel that Japan won't be alone tomorow to launch

Wtd5SYV.png
http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

faer0n

At lvl 18 and after more than a week i finally realizedtoday that the colored Circle has to be as wide as possible to catch a Pokémon. I always tried to throw at the smallest point possible...

Podge293

At lvl 18 and after more than a week i finally realizedtoday that the colored Circle has to be as wide as possible to catch a Pokémon. I always tried to throw at the smallest point possible...

I've heard the opposite from a lot of places

From my own pitiful experience (Barely level 9) it's made no difference for me. Just my awful aim

The circle doesn't matter. It's where you throw the pokeball. If it's in front of the Pokemon's face it's Excellent, if near, Great, then Nice, etc.

MaLDo

Wide circle -> easy shot
Small circle -> more xp points
Tiny circle -> even more xp points

Straight shot -> easy shot
Curved shot -> more xp points
Curved shot + spinning ball -> even more xp points

Tiny circle + Curved shot + spinning ball -> max xp points

lt519

The circle doesn't matter. It's where you throw the pokeball. If it's in front of the Pokemon's face it's Excellent, if near, Great, then Nice, etc.

Thought the circle sized dictated whether you got a Nice, Great, or Excellent with an accurate throw. Excellent giving you the best chance to catch something. So kind of a dual mechanism there. You can increase your odds by making a riskier throw at a smaller circle. But I have no clue.

Kind of funny how they just didn't tell anything to anyone and we've all reverted to schoolyard rumors of how to find/catch pokemon.

People keep saying thata spin/curved throws give you more xp but I have done it tonnes of times and never got extra xp.

The only time you get more is by getting the all to hit them in the face and not on top of their head/side of their body.
Also circle doesn't seem to mean anything as I have got excellent and great bonuses for just throwing it without holding the ball and reducing the circle. It's all dependent on where the ball hits.

Does anyone else find that the Zubat hitbox is impossibly small.
Little git is just phasing through my pokeballs.
Or maybe the depth perception and perspective is shit and zubat is actually a huge beast that is actually a very long way away and requires some sort of power throw to reach it.

Lucumo

Or maybe the depth perception and perspective is shit and zubat is actually a huge beast that is actually a very long way away and requires some sort of power throw to reach it.

We all agreed that Zubats are terrible. Best just avoid them.

GulAtiCa

For those having issues with Zubats, is AR on or off? Turn if off. Makes it easier to judge depth. They are high in the air and in the back somewhat. so you have to throw the pokeballs high.

Also, been practicing my curveballs and been getting better at it.

I have four 10k eggs. Is it better to hatch em now or wait till I'm higher level?

I'm level 9 currently
Hatch now. From what I heard from others, CP is based on the level you got them at.

Pachimari

Oh wow. I started up Pokémon Go for the first time today, and a Haunter randomly appears in my bed. It's also the first time I see it in my game, so that's a nice catch, seeing that I haven't been out Pokémon hunting today.

CrazE

Banned
3 paw glitch still in place! Oh boy. I feel like I'm waiting for Zipper to fix stuff in Socom 2!!! Same feeling too, love the game and still play it, yet hate it at the same time!!!

This some real bullshit. Game was working fine until i use some lures and incense and a lucky egg,now the game crashes everytime i enter battle.

Hycran

Banned

Zubats are easy to catch, you just need to throw it as hard as you possibly can. I've never once thrown it over a Zubat. Once you learn not to be shy with the throw it is simple and works for basically every flying pokemon. It almost seems like their hitbox is too high to allow a ball to pass over top.

I always found that throwing the ball a little harder than other Pokemon seemed to do the trick. I guess it's since they are flying and not ground based that you need that extra throw. I haven't had a problem since I started doing this. I'm also guessing that they are hard because you have to hit the body and not the wings for the catch.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
3 paw glitch still in place! Oh boy. I feel like I'm waiting for Zipper to fix stuff in Socom 2!!! Same feeling too, love the game and still play it, yet hate it at the same time!!!

eh.. aside from the 3 paw tracking, the game is SUPER fucking stable compared to the last two weeks. It's annoying... but clearly the game is being fixed. Just have to wait for them to get to that one.

kenodinks

Neo Member
Are you trying to catch'em all or fight gyms? Hatch everything

Catch em all. I dont really have any interest in fighting gyms but that could change later.

Thx for all the replies guys. I think I should just hatch em now.

I've only been playing a few days and I've have gotten three 5k and four 10k eggs. Guess I'm lucky. Its unfortunate I got em at such a low level.

lt519

Catch em all. I dont really have any interest in fighting gyms but that could change later.

Thx for all the replies guys. I think I should just hatch em now.

I've only been playing a few days and I've have gotten three 5k and four 10k eggs. Guess I'm lucky. Its unfortunate I got em at such a low level.

You get a lot of candy for a 10k egg. e.g., So if you hatch a low CP Snorlax, just hold onto the candy for a future Snorlax catch/hatch.

Also be prepared for Eevee. 3 of my 6 10km eggs have been Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom