• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a hair away from level 21 and have yet to see a 10k egg. It's infuriating. I even bought some incubators to hatch a bunch of eggs in hopes of finding one.

T-mobile people, remember to log into the tmobile tuesday app today for a couple freebies, especially if you can use one year of unlimited data for PoGo.

Thanks for the reminder. I had no idea that you had to redeem the unlimited data thing and assumed it was just passively active.

Is there any way to practice battling without it being a live battle at a Gym?

KHlover

Banned
You get a lot of candy for a 10k egg. e.g., So if you hatch a low CP Snorlax, just hold onto the candy for a future Snorlax catch/hatch.

Also be prepared for Eevee. 3 of my 6 10km eggs have been Eevee.

My one and only one has been Porygon :3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unless egg contents are determined when the egg is picked up
They are.
Thanks for the reminder. I had no idea that you had to redeem the unlimited data thing and assumed it was just passively active.
Yep, you have to click redeem on each thing, whether it's the free frosty or a year of data, lol.

Is there any way to practice battling without it being a live battle at a Gym?
Nope! One of the biggest limiting factors in getting good at the actual battle mechanics with dodging and attack timing. You have to be there.

Pop

I'm a hair away from level 21 and have yet to see a 10k egg. It's infuriating. I even bought some incubators to hatch a bunch of eggs in hopes of finding one.

I got 3 yesterday within two hours. I'm only lvl 8.

RNGesus hopefully hatches me something good.

I always try and throw a Pokeball when the circle is as small as possible, but I've seen absolutely no pattern whatsoever when it comes to getting "Nice", "Great", and "Excellent" throws. With the exception of getting "Nice" most times when I wait a split second too long as the circle is at it's largest point. But there have also been times when I've got "Nice" when the circle is quite small too.

I've also got "Great" and "Excellent" a few times, but for the most part it seems entirely random whether I get it or not.

I don't understand it at all.

zoukka

I always try and throw a Pokeball when the circle is as small as possible, but I've seen absolutely no pattern whatsoever when it comes to getting "Nice", "Great", and "Excellent" throws. With the exception of getting "Nice" most times when I wait a split second too long as the circle is at it's largest point. But there have also been times when I've got "Nice" when the circle is quite small too.

I've also got "Great" and "Excellent" a few times, but for the most part it seems entirely random whether I get it or not.

It feels random and I think it is.

Chaos17

Rumor about regional pokemon proven fake

EQH4MpQ.png
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4tl9tr/i_found_a_farfetchd_in_the_united_states/

I think this pokemon was rumored to be Japan only

I think the bonus is for getting the ball to hit inside the circle. The smaller the circle is, the bigger the bonus. Hitting inside a large circle = "Nice," hitting inside a medium circle = "Great," and hitting inside a small circle = "Excellent."

At least, my experience seems to bear this out.

Arrrammis

I think it's something like Nice! at 100%-51% circle size, Great! at 50%-11% circle size, and Excellent! at 10% circle size or less. It's really hard to tell though, especially since the capture circle sizes change from pokemon to pokemon.

How do you all have so much Stardust? I constantly find myself running out or low, but I see some here with really high Stardust Surplus. Is that just from Gym/Training battles and catching Pokemon or am I missing another method of getting it?

panda-zebra

How do you all have so much Stardust? I constantly find myself running out or low, but I see some here with really high Stardust Surplus. Is that just from Gym/Training battles and catching Pokemon or am I missing another method of getting it?

Then you must be using it - don't do that until it's really worth it :)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I basically never use it. But then, I've battled at gyms like twice. There's no need for my Pokemon to be particularly strong just yet, I'll wait until I'm higher level and catching more innately powerful mons first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Do not use stardust to level up pokemon until you are like level 20 (and then you might not even need to). I am at 150.000 Stardust or something at the moment and still have strong pokemon to fight gyms with.

The Pokemon I catch and evolve at level 22 are strong enough without levelling up anyway.

Going to the park for a couple hours tonight. Hoping to maybe try taking a gym and / or leveling up to 12-13.

My Team Instinct shirt came in yesterday, and I've ordered some props / different outfit items for a Team Instinct Scientist costume.

Thinking of ways to hide a USB charger inside the prop Pokeball I'm making...

Then you must be using it - don't do that until it's really worth it :)

I basically never use it. But then, I've battled at gyms like twice. There's no need for my Pokemon to be particularly strong just yet, I'll wait until I'm higher level and catching more innately powerful mons first.

Do not use stardust to level up pokemon until you are like level 20 (and then you might not even need to). I am at 150.000 Stardust or something at the moment and still have strong pokemon to fight gyms with.

The Pokemon I catch and evolve at level 22 are strong enough without levelling up anyway.

Ah, then that's my problem, I'll stockpile from now on, thanks!

I think the bonus is for getting the ball to hit inside the circle. The smaller the circle is, the bigger the bonus. Hitting inside a large circle = "Nice," hitting inside a medium circle = "Great," and hitting inside a small circle = "Excellent."

Ah, that would actually explain why I get "Nice" whenever the circle is literally at it's very largest. In that case, I'm going to aim for that from now on, and throw the ball when it's at it's largest, as aiming for a really small circle for "Great" or "Excellent" is really difficult.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So none of the millions upon millions of players had seen these supposed region exclusives outside their reported 'homes', then this one guy comes along and finds Farfetch'd AND Kangaskhan in the US? I don't buy it.

Yeah, betting on photoshopped images too.

There's not much point in using Stardust until you're quite a high level. As you level up, you'll catch/hatch stronger Pokemon, so spending Stardust to power them up at a low level is a waste.

If you're going to challenge gyms before reaaching a high level, just find ones that aren't too high for you.

Can anyone explain this vertical line on the gym screen:

1468943155197-24142.png

Here it's between the crown and the dots, but sometimes it divides groups of dots from each other.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
is the augmented reality camera thing considered to be an actual draw by any significant number of players? my phone is rubbish so i keep it turned off, but seeing a pokemon awkwardly floating on a sidewalk or whatever really holds no interest for me anyway.

Podge293

is the augmented reality camera thing considered to be an actual draw by any significant number of players? my phone is rubbish so i keep it turned off, but seeing a pokemon awkwardly floating on a sidewalk or whatever really holds no interest for me anyway.

You can get some funny photos from it so that's the draw and plenty seem to be doing just that. 99% of the time tho I'm just flicking pokeballs tryna catch feckers

Kids love it.

My wife and I were at the park last Friday and everytime a kid found a new pokemon they had to give their phone to their parents to take a picture with it.

My wife also has one from work where it appears a Pidgey was creeping on her in the bathroom when she walked in.

edit:

acm2000

:eek: this could be it

Nictel

1468943155197-24142.png

Here it's between the crown and the dots, but sometimes it divides groups of dots from each other.

Not sure but on the base of gyms around me the line indicates where > 1000CP Pokemon start when the gym has more than 5 pokemon.

You can get some funny photos from it so that's the draw and plenty seem to be doing just that. 99% of the time tho I'm just flicking pokeballs tryna catch feckers

I love the novelty of it, so I usually keep it on. I actually wish there was an option to take Pokemon you already have into an AR screen to take pictures with.

I am a child.

I made note of my "excellent" hits, and they almost always seem to pop up when the circle is about half way, or medium as you put it.

Laws00

guys im stuck

game is on an infinite loading screen

deleted the app and deleted the cache still nothing

turned my phone on and off

Tecnniqe

Banned
Laggymon, gotta cache 'em all
Its you and me
I know it's my destiny
Laggymon, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
A cpu so true
Our courage will pull us through
You lag me and I'll ddos you
Gotta cache 'em all
Yeah

Chaos17

So none of the millions upon millions of players had seen these supposed region exclusives outside their reported 'homes', then this one guy comes along and finds Farfetch'd AND Kangaskhan in the US? I don't buy it.

Other the comments are saying they did saw that pokemon in their tracker list but no screenshots. We will see in the futur.

Science!

Neo Member

1468943155197-24142.png

When you fight the gym, you will only fight the first five Pokémon. The other Pokemon will only be available to fight once you lower the level of the gym.

Laws00

How long are you letting it sit?

Is it asking you to log in?

i've waited 3 to 5 minutes

it ask me to log in every time I play but i think since i deleted everything my guess is that its trying to retrieve all the data from the server that got deleted. that was my guess

Cudder

Wait, when you're battling at a gym, you have to tap your own Pokemon to attack? This whole time I've been tapping on the enemies...

deoee

The servers are totally fucked today

This game... it's so fun when it actually functions but atm it's just frustrating most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom