• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

E2veLFA.png

found this sucker

UberLevi

Hatched three eggs and took over two gyms with my girlfriend today. Some dude rolled through and beat our gym so we circled around and took it back once he had put a pokemon in it.

Any tips on holding down a gym? Still not sure how training and Gym Levels work.

Hatched three eggs and took over two gyms with my girlfriend today. Some dude rolled through and beat our gym so we circled around and took it back once he had put a pokemon in it.

Any tips on holding down a gym? Still not sure how training and Gym Levels work.

Sit there all day. Seriously defending a gym is impossible because it favors attackers so heavily. Just take over as many as you can as quickly as you can, collect your rewards and call it a day.

sophora

Took my mom and brother to a trail/park I walk for pokestops. Been nursing some leg injuries the last week and a half and felt good enough for a short walk. Also needed some items since running low on pokeballs and greatballs. Brother and mom were pretty happy to come along and check it out. Laughs and good exercise, met some other families along the trail getting items too. Even weakened a Team Instinct gym enough for fellow Team Mystic players in the area to take back. Snorlax is such a tank...jesus.

Now my mom wants to go back to the park later in the week to restock on her items and hatch her eggs. This game makes me so happy lmao.

Myriadis

How do you guys get these Pokemon with high WP? Is it true that the higher the trainer level the more powerful the Pokemon you can find?

And damn I just can't keep up. Currently I'm level 6 and all gyms are owned by people who are lv.18 and have Pokemon where the WP is around 1000. With my Pokemon having about 170WP, I surely don't have the slightest chance?

rc213

Damn terrible ride into work this morning. Most Pokestop wouldn't load properly and of course the 3 timess out of 10+ I get a Powerful Pokemon to show up the game locks up with the ball just sitting there...

:Sadpanda

mishakoz

How do you guys get these Pokemon with high WP? Is it true that the higher the trainer level the more powerful the Pokemon you can find?

And damn I just can't keep up. Currently I'm level 6 and all gyms are owned by people who are lv.18 and have Pokemon where the WP is around 1000. With my Pokemon having about 170WP, I surely don't have the slightest chance?

Be patient. The game softcaps at 20 so going from your level to upper levels will start outpacing the people who are going from 20-25.

Yes, you dont have a chance right now. You can still take gyms if you can defeat at least one pokemon, but its best you wait for higher CP pokemon or join gyms already aligned to your color.

Catching high CP pokemon is random. Im lvl 22 and highest ive caught is 1300 CP while lvl 18s are catching in the upper 1000s to 2000. Just be patient and it will come.

Pachimari

It has actually been a good day. A Haunter which I had never seen turned up in my bathroom. I caught two Pidgeys and two Drowzees on my way to the grocery store just now, and on the way home one of my eggs hatched. Unfortunately it was a Paras which I already had. But having in mind I haven't played it actively today, it has been an okay day.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Took my mom and brother to a trail/park I walk for pokestops. Been nursing some leg injuries the last week and a half and felt good enough for a short walk. Also needed some items since running low on pokeballs and greatballs. Brother and mom were pretty happy to come along and check it out. Laughs and good exercise, met some other families along the trail getting items too. Even weakened a Team Instinct gym enough for fellow Team Mystic players in the area to take back. Snorlax is such a tank...jesus.

Now my mom wants to go back to the park later in the week to restock on her items and hatch her eggs. This game makes me so happy lmao.
Such a heartwarming story until that part...

^^I have noticed the CP level of wild pokemon is higher as I level up.

Rural player checking in. I just noticed a gym about a mile away from work with a single ~750 CP Golbat and 1500/2000 prestige? My best are all around ~150+ CP. Can I win? I have never tried to gym so I'd be learning the timing on dodging. The only type advantage I have is a sandshrew with Mud Shot and Dig.
Is it worth my time? Can I win and take it over to collect coins?

Pejo

Caught Mr Mime in a clothes shop yesterday. I like to think he was working on a new look.

As someone who's major exposure to Pokemon before this was having the cartoon on in the background while I got ready for high school a bunch of years ago, I was shocked that Mr. Mime is a real pokemon. I thought it was a goofy thing that Kyle Bosman made up for his bonus bits.

Now I am determined to catch one.

Also, since I've been watching the show on Netflix lately, I am really pleasantly surprised to find out it's a very quirky and funny show. The episode where Slowpoke "evolves" into Slowbro, and the Magicarp episode where the cast is marooned genuinely made me laugh.

Ash is a total dork, and the show is really self-aware about it.

Matush

Two questions:

Is it worth upgrading mons when I'm at level 11, or should I wait until I'm lvl 20 aka softcap?

And should I upgrade mons on all evolution levels before evolving them, or just evolve and upgrade them then?
Asking again, anyone?

lt519

Asking again, anyone?

Don't upgrade, its a waste of precious star dust. You'll find/hatch/evolve much higher powered mons at later levels that its more worth using the stardust on. Later on it can be 2k+ stardust per 25 CP point upgrade. It gets expensive.

Doesn't matter if you upgrade before or after evolving. It has the same affect.

Edit: I started upgrading around Level 16 and probably should have waited. For example I took a Tauros that was CP 600 and upgraded him to CP 800 using a lot of stardust and candies. I then caught a Tauros two levels later that was already CP 794 and now I have no candy left to upgrade him.

Nosgotham

You can't own a Pokemon whose cp cap is beyond your level allows so leveling up allows for finding stronger mons.

Skeletron

So what's the deal with weight and height stat of Pokemon? Do they represent some kind of maximum potential? I've been ignoring it and always transferring the lowest CP.

Finally went to Humbolt Park last night and found tons of Pikachu and Eevee's.

Going again tonight with hopes of getting enough to evolve Eevee and get a Raichu >:)

EL CUCO

There's a serious battle at a gym located in a Church by my job. There must be atleast 3 cars parked there, one for each team. Seen it go from Valor--> Mystic-->now Instinct (the best team), in the last 45min.

Seik

Banned
Man, yesterday was quite something.

I go at my friend's place and we decide to go on a hunt near a cemetery...

EVERYONE WE CROSSED WAS PLAYING.

People talked to us about where to find X pokestop or where they found a Dratini the day before...I was speechless.

The worst was when a guy riding a tourist carriage with horses with his 'oldies' costume passed near us and stopped: ''Hey, you guys playing Pokémon Go? Continue straight ahead you'll find plenty of stuff!''

What the fuck is going oooooon!!!! :lol

Ydelnae

Putting the game at battery saving mode absolutely kills it. It freezes everytime I catch something, it stops showing Pokemon and doesn't load menus most of the time.

And it still fucking drains my battery in no time.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
do some pokestops give more eggs than others? i've only caught 22 pokemons, but i have had 10 eggs (2 10ks), most of them from one pokestop. i've only hatched three so far.

Seik

Banned
So if your captured pokemon's CP is dependent on your level, I'm guessing it's not worth wasting any star dust on powering up my low level mons.

Exactly.

Though yesterday I wasted like...1500 to upgrade my new Aerodactyl that hatched...just because I wanted it to be my strongest. :D

Red Fire

Some things to consider:

- if you have eggs, hatch em right away. The cp of the egg is decided the moment you get the egg, waiting for later to hatch it is nonsense

- @ the dude here saying that hatching eggs works perfectly: LOL. It's far from perfect. Only half the time it tracks the distance that i walk. Sometimes it adds the extra distance later when I'm home, but most of the the time it's just walk for nothing

- something i noticed: the starter pokemon that is weak to your starter seems to be the rarest most of the time. I picked charmander and have seen quite a few squirtles but no bulbasaur at all. Have noticed this with a lot of people with different starters

- some people here asked this: if you sort your pokemon by HP it will most likely just sort by cp. This is not a bug. The pokemon are sorted by RELATIVE hp, so if you have a pokemon with 0 hp left it will be at the bottom etc. and all of your 100% hp mon will just be sorted by cp

- for 'good' 'excellent' etc while catching pokemon you have to hit the pokemon within the colored circle. The smaller the circle the better the bonus. Curveball bonus seems to appear if you hit the side of a pokemon regardless of spinning the ball, at least for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom