• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've been saving all the stardust so far (I'm level 5). I've only used some Rattata Candy to evolve one into a Raticate.

- @ the dude here saying that hatching eggs works perfectly: LOL. It's far from perfect. Only half the time it tracks the distance that i walk. Sometimes it adds the extra distance later when I'm home, but most of the the time it's just walk for nothing

Before you go to a walk, restart the game and make sure your phone never sleeps and never go to another app - on Android you can set sleep timer to 30 minutes.

Red Fire

Damn bottom of the page, reposting

Some things to consider:

- if you have eggs, hatch em right away. The cp of the egg is decided the moment you get the egg, waiting for later to hatch it is nonsense

- @ the dude here saying that hatching eggs works perfectly: LOL. It's far from perfect. Only half the time it tracks the distance that i walk. Sometimes it adds the extra distance later when I'm home, but most of the the time it's just walk for nothing

- something i noticed: the starter pokemon that is weak to your starter seems to be the rarest most of the time. I picked charmander and have seen quite a few squirtles but no bulbasaur at all. Have noticed this with a lot of people with different starters

- some people here asked this: if you sort your pokemon by HP it will most likely just sort by cp. This is not a bug. The pokemon are sorted by RELATIVE hp, so if you have a pokemon with 0 hp left it will be at the bottom etc. and all of your 100% hp mon will just be sorted by cp

- for 'good' 'excellent' etc while catching pokemon you have to hit the pokemon within the colored circle. The smaller the circle the better the bonus. Curveball bonus seems to appear if you hit the side of a pokemon regardless of spinning the ball, at least for me

TheFlow

Banned
Some things to consider:

- if you have eggs, hatch em right away. The cp of the egg is decided the moment you get the egg, waiting for later to hatch it is nonsense

- something i noticed: the starter pokemon that is weak to your starter seems to be the rarest most of the time. I picked charmander and have seen quite a few squirtles but no bulbasaur at all. Have noticed this with a lot of people with different starters

- some people here asked this: if you sort your pokemon by HP it will most likely just sort by cp. This is not a bug. The pokemon are sorted by RELATIVE hp, so if you have a pokemon with 0 hp left it will be at the bottom etc. and all of your 100% hp mon will just be sorted by cp

- for 'good' 'excellent' etc while catching pokemon you have to hit the pokemon within the colored circle. The smaller the circle the better the bonus. Curveball bonus seems to appear if you hit the side of a pokemon regardless of spinning the ball, at least for me
The starter thing is just speculation.

I started with Bulbasuar and have yet to see a charmander on my radar, but I have seen numerous squirtles. Gf started charmander and sees squirtles a lot as well, but no charmander or evolutions in site. Think starters are more of an area thing

Found a 317CP Eevee at lvl 12. Is that worth farming candy and evolving now or is that CP more common a few levels later?

Lv 18 and the highest eevee I found was close to 500. they get way stronger than 317 for sure.

Red Fire

Alright, I've been saving all the stardust so far (I'm level 5). I've only used some Rattata Candy to evolve one into a Raticate.

Before you go to a walk, restart the game and make sure your phone never sleeps and never go to another app - on Android you can set sleep timer to 30 minutes.

Will try this thanks

I made it to 5, but didn't get prompted to choose a team. Do I need to go a gym? Or is it just a server thing?

Yeah you have to click on a gym, you dont have to be near it though iirc

Durden77

Ok they HAVE to fix this nearby shit. It's sucking all the fun out of the game for me. Not only can you not track them, but the whole thing is glitched for me and I can never tell if Pokemon on my list are actually around me or not.

It's been like 5 days. What the fuck.

RedFox85

Found a 317CP Eevee at lvl 12. Is that worth farming candy and evolving now or is that CP more common a few levels later?

Nothing wrong with holding out a little longer, my first evee was like 390 and it jumped up 600 points into a vaporeon. I'm at level 20 now and I find the occasional 490 evee.. 300 or so will be pretty common around then yeah.

Will try this thanks

The issue I had was that if the app is out of focus for too long, the game loses connection but never communicates that to you. You will just see the white pokeball loading icon forever. It'll never connect and so you lose your steps - you also won't be able to catch anything.

This game still needs lots of fixing.

Wtf is up with this cp20 Weedle headbutting the pokeball when I'm trying to capture it.

I have no idea why, but it seems way harder to catch Pokemon in general today. I've lost more than one VERY low-level Pokemon after they've broken out of balls. This is why I never usually bother with free apps/games.

lt519

The starter thing is just speculation.

I started with Bulbasuar and have yet to see a charmander on my radar, but I have seen numerous squirtles. Gf started charmander and sees squirtles a lot as well, but no charmander or evolutions in site. Think starters are more of an area thing

Lv 18 and the highest eevee I found was close to 500. they get way stronger than 317 for sure.

Yeah, everyone sees the same Pokemon in any given area. What you started with has no bearing on what you find. It's all a single source server, there aren't instances or anything like that. I picked Squirtle and I live in a watery area and all I see are Squirtles. My girlfriend picked Bulbasaur and sees the same Squirtles I see.

I just caught a 475 Eevee at Level 17, probably 3-4 upgrades away from max CP too.

Had a great run last night at the wharf. It was packed with people and honestly hard to find anyone NOT playing Pokemon Go! Hundreds of people playing. Highlights:

Finally caught enough Magikarps to evolve into a Gyarados. Used a 142 Magikarp to evolve to a 1500+ Gyarados, fed him a little stardust to max him out at 1700+.

Someone started screaming that there was a Pikachu and a Wartortle at the end of the wharf and there was a stampede to go get them. Got them both. Never even seen a Pikachu before.

2 Ryhorns

Enough Magnemites and Voltorbs to evolve them into decent Magnetons and Electrodes.

Got the final Evee I needed to finally evolve my good Evee into a Vaporeon. He's at 1700+ now.

Hit level 22.

Goals for this week:

Gain levels to increase my max CP on my good Pokemon. I want to break into the 1800+ CP.

Find enough Charmanders and Squirtles to evolve my good Charmeleon and Wartortle.

Find a Snorlax? I don't have any 10k eggs right now...

gutshot

Putting the game at battery saving mode absolutely kills it. It freezes everytime I catch something, it stops showing Pokemon and doesn't load menus most of the time.

And it still fucking drains my battery in no time.

All battery saver mode does is darken/disable the screen when you turn the phone upside down. It's so you can run the game while the phone is in your pocket. So if you aren't using it for that, you may as well just disable it.

zulux21

*sigh* I can't get in at all.
worst part is even the log in screen is still a huge battery drain even when just sitting on the retry button and not clicking it @_@

Fucking EIGHT Megaballs and two fruit thingies and it still runs away. This shit must be fucking rigged, honestly.
The big issue is that things don't seem to stack. A berry counts on the next hit and then you need a new berry.. Fair enough, but for each capture, the pokemon should tire slightly so it's a little easier to catch with the next one.

CrazE

Banned
Ok they HAVE to fix this nearby shit. It's sucking all the fun out of the game for me. Not only can you not track them, but the whole thing is glitched for me and I can never tell if Pokemon on my list are actually around me or not.

It's been like 5 days. What the fuck.

Someone told me they did it on purpose to help with the server side of the game. Not sure how true that is or why that would help. Sucks. Seen a Chancey outside work, went on our break walk and couldn't track him down. Bounced from first spot, to third, to ninth, back to fourth and then stayed at fourth.

Useless right now for the tracking fun of it.

TheAznOne

I have no idea why, but it seems way harder to catch Pokemon in general today. I've lost more than one VERY low-level Pokemon after they've broken out of balls. This is why I never usually bother with free apps/games.

I don't worry about the capture part. It seems there is more uptick in animations to interrupt the pokeball when you're a higher trainer level then being lower leveled. I'm level 17 and noticed that more.

Yeah, the F2P mechanics are starting to seep in. I don't mind grinding, but losing all these balls to low level crap will end my playing of this game.

panda-zebra

Anyone been timing any of their local known good spawn points? There's one I'm right on the edge of sat at my desk, seems to reliably fire out something every 15 minutes - usually levelling fodder but sometimes half decent stuff, starting at 7 minutes past the hour.

The spawn seem to fail if the app goes to sleep, connection to the server breaks but you're not told (well worth restarting often I think) and as I'm right on the edge a bit of GPS drift might be preventing me seeing them sometimes.

Now if only I was lucky enough to have one of those pikachu spawn points on my doorstep...

I've also started making a local map of known good spawn areas for less common pokemon, using info from others on local fb group.

Just a heads up for T-Mobile users, you can now redeem your data reward on the Tuesday app for Pokemon GO.

13690579_10209940073287211_7714714872122576716_n.jpg

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man, I'm so unlucky with Pokemon running away. Just lost a 1400cp Gyarados after 3 Ultra Balls. And a cp19 Wartortle after 1 Pokeball.

Is there any way to get a ballpark idea of what a Pokemon's CP will be when you evolve it? I know it varies for each species. For example I caught a 702 Ponyta and I would like to evolve it, but if the overall CP isn't enough to crack my top 5 I rather wait until I find an ever higher one, (since it took me since launch to find enough candies). My trainer level is 22, in case that factors in somehow as well.

Should I level up my pokemon before evolving?

Doesn't matter.

You should catch or hatch better pokemon first, though. If you're aiming to do anything in particular with it, you'll want to be what, level 18, first? Then get the highest CP pokemon you can before evolving it.

Don't forget the random curved balls
Oh yes. Still in the adjustment period to great balls that seem to suffer from this more than normal ones.
It's actually the opposite. The hitbox gets smaller after the Pokemon escapes from the ball.
That's true. Damnit ! Since it's a bit random if it's captured or not, atleast let it work towards the capture that you managed to land the ball. Especially with the random curving element described above !

oh cool another hey we barely get these servers spitting up blood hey lets put this out in a giant region

They'll probably also launch BRazil and Chile soon.

All you other countries are dragging down the greatest country in the world from being the very best, like no one ever was. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom