• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article...FanDuel-/7f4bd16f-2095-4b2b-935a-25eaec03fce5

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Today the Jacksonville Jaguars and FanDuel announced plans for the first-ever public Pokémon Safari inside a major professional sports venue. The Pokémon Safari presented by FanDuel will take place inside EverBank Field on Monday, July 25 from 6 – 8 p.m. The event is free and open to all Pokémon trainers and members of the general public who register in advance at www.jaguars.com/pokemon. "

Dont know if this was posted, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are doing a Pokemon go Safari in the Stadium, I live in Jacksonville so i'm def going, this should be very fun.

Anybody know of a list of max cp per pokemon per level? At least at level 20+?

Edit: Saw the IGN wiki has a list of max CP per Pokemon but they must be for some really high trainer level. Gyarados is listed as max 2688.

Also, does anyone know the history of the development of this game? I wonder if Ingress was a long play to get this game set up...

Arrrammis

Should I level up my pokemon before evolving?

No. It doesn't make a difference in your pokemon's overall level if you power them up before or after you evolve them, so that's no a factor. Plus, you don't want to waste candies powering up an evolved pokemon that has a bad moveset. Ideally you'll want both moves to be the same element and the charged attack to be 1-3 charges (4-5 charges usually does less than double the damage of a normal attack and takes 4x longer to attack, so it is really not worth it). If you wait to power up and end up getting an evolution with moves you don't really like, then you can save your remaining candies to try for another evolution.

Chaos17

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article...FanDuel-/7f4bd16f-2095-4b2b-935a-25eaec03fce5

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Today the Jacksonville Jaguars and FanDuel announced plans for the first-ever public Pokémon Safari inside a major professional sports venue. The Pokémon Safari presented by FanDuel will take place inside EverBank Field on Monday, July 25 from 6 – 8 p.m. The event is free and open to all Pokémon trainers and members of the general public who register in advance at www.jaguars.com/pokemon. "

Dont know if this was posted, but the Jacksonville Jaguars are doing a Pokemon go Safari in the Stadium, I live in Jacksonville so i'm def going, this should be very fun.

No, it wasn't.
Bring us back some pictures and don't forget your sun cream :D

Is the area of influence of a lured pokestop larger than the radius in which you can interact with the pokestop itself? There's one across from my house that's like maybe 10 feet outside of my player circle but I've noticed you can quite frequently see pokemon appear outside of that and touch them.

Arrrammis

Is the area of influence of a lured pokestop larger than the radius in which you can interact with the pokestop itself? There's one across from my house that's like maybe 10 feet outside of my player circle but I've noticed you can quite frequently see pokemon appear outside of that and touch them.

I think that the lure circle is fairly accurate, for the most part I only see pokemon spawn inside the lure/pokestop circle. As for being able to tap pokemon outside of your player circle, I'm beginning to suspect that the player circle doesn't mean much when it comes to pokemon. I can't use gyms or stops unless they are fully inside the circle, but I can almost always grab pokemon who are a few meters outside of my player circle.

GulAtiCa

Is there any point in saving my eggs? Level 3, nub as fuck.

Use them. They hatch based on what level you got them at. So waiting is useless. You will get more later. Mine is constantly full, even with running every day & with 3 incubators lol.

MajorMane

No, it wasn't.
Bring us back some pictures and don't forget your sun cream :D

I was about to say this too regarding the "first-ever" part of it (considering I was at a similar event just last week), but...

... the "professional" sports venue part is the key part, I suppose. I've seen similar events in college football stadiums, but not a "professional" sports venue, I guess.

Either way, those events can be a lot of fun. Probably no good Pokemon to catch, but there will be a lot of people there.

Did they fix the pokeball bug? I've noticed I've been getting it less and less these past days, like once every 10 captures or so.

Also, caught my first Pikachu and Growlithe! Pikachu was CP30 though -_-

I was about to say this too regarding the "first-ever" part of it (considering I was at a similar event just last week), but...

... the "professional" sports venue part is the key part, I suppose. I've seen similar events in college football stadiums, but not a "professional" sports venue, I guess.

Either way, those events can be a lot of fun. Probably no good Pokemon to catch, but there will be a lot of people there.

Well, they're the Jaguars. The only things professional about them are their stadium vendor prices.

daemonic

Banned
Vaporeon needs to be nerfed. It's far too strong and every gym in the area has one. Not so rare anymore. My stronger Jolteon didn't stand a chance.

TheFlow

Banned
The one day I decide to go to the beach just happens to be when Pokemon Go launches in Japan. sigh. Meanwhile we still don't have a hotfix for the steps.

Prologue

Anyone playing for NYC, is it choppy for you too? I'm from the buffalo area so playing in NYC isn't my usual scene except for the last few days. Tends to lag.

I have a iPhone 5c. My gf has an iPhone 5. Is the lack of smoothness due to the servers or our phones? Its a lot smoother in buffalo, but obviously a lot is going on in NYC.

kewlmyc

Me having a job that allows me to travel constantly is probably the only reason I'm playing this game. Caught a bunch of pokemon I've never seen anywhere in my neighborhood/work place while at the airport, like a Squirtle and a Clefable, and caught a Tentacruel at the pond near a job site I'm working this week.

Mariolee

did they ever explain why they didnt use the normal battle system?

They have not officially explained as far as I have seen, but most likely don't want to alienate newcomers with a more complex battle system (even if it's not that complex) and they don't want to cannibalize their handheld series with their mobile app.

Chaos17

They have not officially explained as far as I have seen, but most likely don't want to alienate newcomers with a more complex battle system (even if it's not that complex) and they don't want to cannibalize their handheld series with their mobile app.

Pretty much my though too.

Azerth

got it thanks

I'm getting really fed up with this game now. It'll work fine and all of a sudden it'll freeze while catching a Pokemon. From then on out the game will refuse to load up again.

I find sometimes restarting my phone works, if that fails I just have to keep on trying until it works.

Earlier today I was battling a gym, it froze as I beat it, and then the fucking piece of crap game wouldn't load back up.

The End

After binging on PoGo for a week I suddenly have the urge for a proper pokemon game.

Of the 4 currently available 3ds games (AS, OR, X, and Y) which is the least handholdy?

Also, I played a bit of X back in the day and it ran like crap on my Non-New 3ds XL. Are AS/OR any better in that in that regard?

Par Score

Did they fix the pokeball bug? I've noticed I've been getting it less and less these past days, like once every 10 captures or so.

That bug was purely a consequence of server issues. If you lost connection at a very specific point (after the determination that your ball had hit the pokemon was registered, but before the caught/escaped decision was returned) then the game would get locked (rather than timing out or retrying as it does in most other situations).

So it will come and go with server stability, until they actually iron out that edge case.

Tom Nook

Take note Levi's Stadium.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
since i am currently in a pokemon wasteland, i decided to try to use an incense for the first time. the moment i used it a spearow appeared, after which there was a couple minutes of nothing. i remembered reading that incense works better when you're moving, so decided to take a walk since earlier in the day i had put a 2k egg in the incubator. there was an assortment of usual suspects (rattata, weedle, caterpie), with kakuna being the only pokemon that appeared that i did not already have (which should tell you i don't see many pokemon). the only pokemon that appeared that was even somewhat interesting was meowth, one that i actually do already have. the first time i clicked it i got an error and it disappeared. couple of seconds later it came back, only for the game to crash when it was in the pokeball, and of course i did not get to keep it.

the only benefit of this excursion was that i managed to swell the ranks of pidgeys and weedles to be sacrificed for levels when i get a lucky egg from somewhere. i feel like this should be about the typical rate of appearance without the incense, as it's not like you're flocked by rarities when using it. the egg did hatch when i got home and i got my first magikarp, so now i just need 390 candies to get that gyarados.

conclusion: i can't believe i'm such a nintendo fanboy i'm playing this piece of shit.

A Jiggilypuff has been appearing in Nearby around my office for days, mocking me. If the stupid distance thing worked I'd probably blow my lunch hour on trying to track it down.

Zelias

Banned
After binging on PoGo for a week I suddenly have the urge for a proper pokemon game.

Of the 4 currently available 3ds games (AS, OR, X, and Y) which is the least handholdy?

Also, I played a bit of X back in the day and it ran like crap on my Non-New 3ds XL. Are AS/OR any better in that in that regard?
They're all super handholdy. AS/OR run pretty much the same as X/Y - turn off the 3D in battles and it'll run better.

Maz

Pokemon red/blue/yellow, I'm currently playing yellow and loving ir

Pokemon red/blue/yellow. They are on sale at eshop.

zulux21

Rainer=Vaporeon
Pyro=Flareon
Sparky=Jolteon

I don't know if it works 100% of the occasions but I've done it twice and twice I got the one I wanted.

I've heard it works 100% of the time the first time you do it, I have heard reports that the second time you try to get the same one it might not work, but I haven't tried it myselff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom