• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

l2ounD

4888620956628913866%253Faccount_id%253D1
Too perfect!

Mik2121

Japan here. Every time I would try to connect, it would let me through and load fine except there would be no content on the maps.

Since this morning (still 7:55am) it just doesn't load and gives me some errors instead. Wonder if this means the Japan rumor thing is true.

Jintor

Japan here. Every time I would try to connect, it would let me through and load fine except there would be no content on the maps.

Since this morning (still 7:55am) it just doesn't load and gives me some errors instead. Wonder if this means the Japan rumor thing is true.

god i hope so.

I gotta go finish school for the year now, but...

domlolz

Banned
Idk but will it really impact servers worldwide? I might not be thinking about it properly but I would have thought it should be very regional except for the exceptional cases of people traveling between different server regions.

seeing as all the servers go down when americans start playing during their lunch or whenever i'm going to say yes

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Honestly can't fathom how unbelievably incompentent this company is. I can not even fathom the disgusting shit I would do to the people who's job is to stabilize the servers.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
If Niantic were more communicative and acknowledging about the various issues current present in the app/service, it might have lessen the outcry from the users and improved the customer experience. Them being silent just sucks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Japan is awake??? #RIPSERVERS

tumblr_nanxh22jDY1qmj83do1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like the servers stopped working here (Europe).

But at least I've managed to catch more than 100 Pokemon and walk like 15km (according to PoGo). The only downer was that my 10km egg got me just a 186 Onix :/

The game is constantly freezing after I catch a pokemon and stops are often not giving me supplies. Making almost every attempt to play the game, pretty meaningless.

Chaos17

There might a simplier way to check, some people noticed that the app was uploaded on IOS store but couldn't be downloaded and some hours later they had a release (forgot whom tho).

Edit: by the way how pokemon go is written in japanese please ?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Honestly can't fathom how unbelievably incompentent this company is. I can not even fathom the disgusting shit I would do to the people who's job is to stabilize the servers.
I can't fully blame them since nobody excepted this level of demand. Drastically expending an infrastructure in such a short notice is quite an ordeal.

UberLevi

Yeah, fuck these 50+ devs for not accommodating their worldwide phenomenon of a game.

Mik2121

god i hope so.

I gotta go finish school for the year now, but...
Yeah, I have to go to work too, thankfully last Monday I played for the small 30 mins timeframe the servers were up and spotted a lot of gyms and pokestops under my building (the good thing about working in a building that is also a tourist attraction)
Japan is awake??? #RIPSERVERS

tumblr_nanxh22jDY1qmj83do1_400.gif
Yep, rush hour coming right now.

Mik2121

There might a simplier way to check, some people noticed that the app was uploaded on IOS store but couldn't be downloaded and some hours later they had a release (forgot whom tho).

Edit: by the way how pokemon go is written in japanese please ?
I've seen it mainly written as ポケモンGO But also sometimes shortened to ポケGO

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
least it was yoshichan guys. not that that level of sentiment doesn't exist elsewhere throughout the web but if you know him a little it lessens the blow.

I remember someone saying that the game usually launches in a new country around 10am local time, could anyone confirm this information? As far as I know, the server was always offline/unstable when Niantic was going to launch it in a new country, and interestingly, 2 hours remain to reach 10am JST. Is this a coincidence?

I just don't get how we're two weeks in and servers aren't sorted out. I get the game has had meteoric success, so I'll give em a week, but how are we this far along and they're prioritizing adding more countries over stability in the ones where it's actually out

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish they'd actually warn us if they were releasing in Japan tonight or something. Was planning on sitting in a lure and popping an egg later but it seems risky.

I just don't get how we're two weeks in and servers aren't sorted out. I get the game has had meteoric success, so I'll give em a week, but how are we this far along and they're prioritizing adding more countries over stability in the ones where it's actually out

Yeah. It seems weird to expand a broken product. I mean, yay, it's technically in another country. But what good is that if nothing in the game works?

Kyrios

Shhhh... it's okay.

giphy.gif

But they really shouldn't have released in another country until they fixed the current problems.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah. It seems weird to expand a broken product. I mean, yay, it's technically in another country. But what good is that if nothing in the game works?

I can't imagine anyone who actually has to deal with the technical problems is the one who made the decision to keep pumping this out to new countries.

Why do people defend the company and devs still?
They keep adding countries including sponsored locations - as if IAP was not enough - but stability for launch countries has if anything got worse
They don't communicate (a typical Google trait)
They remove features (maps and tracking).
The money you spend on stuff can be wasted due to bugs but the errors are never in your favor everything used is deducted.

Basically they are doing *nothing right* beyond the idea of the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom