• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

It's my understanding that spawn rates greatly correlate to pokestop density. I believe this is one of the major reasons they have stated they are going start reviewing user submissions soon.

Given that the stops are based on ingress submissions which comes down to who voted the most, I can feel the pain of you brahs who live in rural areas

I don't think it's tied big city in and of itself as much as stop density. I don't run into shit even if in downtown LA if I happen to be in an area with no nearby stops (eg some industrial area)

There are multiple pokestops in a row out in the woods in a walking path that had 0 pokemon spawns. I think the pokemon spawns correlate to cellular data usage, that's why you usually get lots of pokemon in electronic stores and such.

Would probably also increase the pokemon spawns when 1000 people gather together to play pokemon go.

It's also important to keep in mind that pokemon despawn and respawn, so a 30 sec search might not be an accurate representation of what you'll actually find in an hour.

Moff

pokevision is incredible
I just wish it's range was bigger

or if they built a decent tracking system into the game itself
pokevision really shows how dumb the 3steps system is, how are you supposed to find a pokemon in a several hundred m range in 5minutes without any directions whatsoever

give us a fun tracking system and it will be the highlights of the game
until then I'm on pokevision

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Can you get pokevision to list Pokemon name? Or make the damn icons bigger? What the hell is this

image.png

damn, nice golden poo

nbraun80

There are multiple pokestops in a row out in the woods in a walking path that had 0 pokemon spawns. I think the pokemon spawns correlate to cellular data usage, that's why you usually get lots of pokemon in electronic stores and such.

Would probably also increase the pokemon spawns when 1000 people gather together to play pokemon go.

It's also important to keep in mind that pokemon despawn and respawn, so a 30 sec search might not be an accurate representation of what you'll actually find in an hour.
yeah my understanding of ingress was you collected the most stuff in areas with high cell phone use, and i think that correlates pretty well to what we see in pokemon. I also noticed I usually get an explosion of pokemon when going by gas station's that are trucks stops.

pokevision is incredible
I just wish it's range was bigger

Looking into my crystal ball.
There will be an app shortly. It'll use your credentials and your GPS location to show you nearby pokemon with direction and distance or just overlaid on the phone map app, using the information already out there in the open source python project.
It will keep working until Niantic obfuscate the API with a new release of their client, or recognise foreign users of it and block them, or ban accounts.
The crowd source finder apps are mostly useless because the spawn time is so short making their information all stale.

Ugh, I've hit level 15 and the Pokemon are all cocky fuckers now.

I'm having low-level pidgeys and ratattas escape from my balls constantly, it feels like it's not worth wasting them.

I just had a pidgey escape 5 regular balls and 2 great balls before being captured, what the fuck?

dock

Today I learned that Pokemon Go and Runkeeper are not compatible together! PoGo screwed up the GPS for my running app and didn't even log any KM for egg incubation.
I ran a 5k for no benefit at all!*

I've been told since that Pokemon Go doesn't work if you run above a certain speed. D:

(*except some sort of health thing but that doesn't count)

Chaos17

I just saw a fearow on Pokevision but battery isn't ready and it was going to despawn in 40 sec.
I died a little inside. ʕ ಡ ﹏ ಡ ʔ

Edit: how do you take a screenshot on your android ?

Solobbos

The python script actually slowed my interest down about going round and round collecting pokémon, just got Growlithe and Graveler with a pinpoint attack to their locations. I watched New York, Germany and some other locations and got jealous of the droves of Pokémon found there.

E:

Usually lock screen + volume down held down for about a second

While I probably won't use that site to specifically go catch something (unless its in my neighborhood) I'm definitely going to be using it to do research. Specifically which areas around me spawn different pokemon. Also found it funny that water pokemon apparently can spawn at pools. Theres this one neighborhood within proximity of me that has some awesome spawns and pokemon completely different from most of the rest of the surrounding area. I wonder what makes that neighborhood so different from others to warrant different types of spawns?

Me and him used the same site, how did you generate that? Seems to have range

Edit: also, that Pokemon variety is depressing

Yeah... that's about the same for me.

I just saw a fearow on Pokevision but battery isn't ready and it was going to espawn in 40 sec.

Hold the power button and the home button at the same time. Well, at least that's how it's done on my Galaxy S4.

adamy

Banned
While I probably won't use that site to specifically go catch something (unless its in my neighborhood) I'm definitely going to be using it to do research. Specifically which areas around my spawn different pokemon. Also found it funny that water pokemon apparently can spawn at pools. Theres this one neighborhood within proximity of me that has some awesome spawns and pokemon completely different from most of the rest of the surrounding area. I wonder what makes that neighborhood so different from others to warrant different types of spawns?

I've caught pretty much every water Pokemon I have at a fountain

Par Score

I'd say it's the 1 step range

No way, 1 step is practically next to you.

It's further than 2 steps even.

I have to imagine, considering the way it's polling the API, that's it's showing everything that would appear in your personal Nearby list.

Think about how that list is displayed on your device. Even though it's obfuscated, for it to work it has to know where all of those pokemon are. I'd guess PokeVision is just removing that obfuscation and using the co-ordinates directly.

God damn. Pokevision showed a Kingler in the park with about ten minutes to go but I didn't get there in time. Just back home and another Kingler pops up -_-

This thread moves too fast and there's barely any official news still...

So...any update on this nearby issue?

Any updates planned?

And is using Pokevision likely to get players in trouble?

Tecnniqe

Banned
This thread moves too fast and there's barely any official news still...

So...any update on this nearby issue?

Any updates planned?

And is using Pokevision likely to get players in trouble?
Kinda defeats the point but when the tracker is bugged whatcha gonna do?

Personally I'm not using it.

Bishop89

I just saw a fearow on Pokevision but battery isn't ready and it was going to despawn in 40 sec.

depends on your phone.

Xperia z3 = Hod power button and then press take screenshot

Dying because All this pokevision site shows in Toronto is one single Drowzee. Still this is so damn accurate LOL, we got Drowzees for days!

Toronto really is the Drowzee capital of the world.

Dunno when I'll see it again but getting a full screen of Drowzee's on the tracker is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom