• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamy

Banned
anyone else notice catching the most common, low CP pokemon becomes retarded difficult once you hit your mid 20s?

i routinely run into a pidgey, go through 5 or so perfectly thrown great balls using a candy only to have the CP ~100 pidgey flee

i get that the pokemon should get harder to catch as you level since you'll run into higher CP ones, but it makes no sense that pokemon in the 100 cp range become exponentially more difficult to catch once you get into your 20s

these are the exact same pokemon i had no issue catching my first attempt with a poorly thrown regular pokemon

i've literally had to resort to using ultra balls + berries on cp 50-70 abras

Geodude, Growlithe and Sandshrew are all I ever get, I wish I could get those birds or bats you guys complain about.

I get the Geodudes and Sandshrews, but I get Ekans instead of Growlithe.

He's talking about this, maybe: https://pokevision.com/

Kind of takes the fun out of the game but if you're grinding the pokes...

Maybe for city areas or parks, but some suburban areas and definitely rural areas could really use this. That, and the tracker is broken.

adamy

Banned
Maybe for city areas or parks, but some suburban areas and definitely rural areas could really use this. That, and the tracker is broken.

yeah, no way this is accurate. i live in Los Angeles and it says 0 pokemon within miles. if i go outside and take a 10 second walk i'd run into a few

Tecnniqe

Banned
anyone else notice catching the most common, low CP pokemon becomes retarded difficult once you hit your mid 20s?

i routinely run into a pidgey, go through 5 or so perfectly thrown great balls using a candy only to have the CP ~100 pidgey flee

i get that the pokemon should get harder to catch as you level since you'll run into higher CP ones, but it makes no sense that pokemon in the 100 cp range become exponentially more difficult to catch once you get into your 20s

these are the exact same pokemon i had no issue catching my first attempt with a poorly thrown regular pokemon

i've literally had to resort to using ultra balls + berries on cp 50-70 abras
Even in the 10s you get retarded pidgeys

yeah, no way this is accurate. i live in Los Angeles and it says 0 pokemon within miles. if i go outside and take a 10 second walk i'd run into a few

It's extremely accurate, it's pulling data right from the servers.

It seems like it only checks a very small radius though, and of course with the server issues it's having problems actually getting the data to begin with. Only gotten it to load twice myself, but I got the exact location of a nearby Vulpix and an Arbok using it.

It does if you allow it to take the fun out of the game. Friends and I are planning on hitting a few pokestops just because. However this can be a useful tool to grab some of those very needed pokemon. Especially since the tracker is broken.

The website has some issues where it can't actually scan the map from what I've seen. It seemed fairly accurate on my end when it did work. That said, I'd probably only use it maybe once or twice a day. I know where some spawn locations are, but it's nice to know what's on them.

Svafnir

How does my girl Chansey have less attack than Magikarp?! I guess all that Stamina makes up for it... but still, I was hoping Chansey would be viable for battles :(

bs39rMp.png

That one isn't working great, but the python one you download works great.

I've discovered using the python one there are two Hitmonlee nests in my city in the middle of golf courses. Thats kind of super fucked.

adamy

Banned
It's extremely accurate, it's pulling data right from the servers.

It seems like it only checks a very small radius though, and of course with the server issues it's having problems actually getting the data to begin with. Only gotten it to load twice myself, but I got the exact location of a nearby Vulpix and an Arbok using it.

so you're saying it's inaccurate...

it's telling me the closest pokemon is miles away when i've witnessed a pidgey and para spawn right next to me

i'm not saying the data it relies on is inaccurate. i'm saying the site itself is inaccurate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You need to manually click a place on the map. It doesn't automagically pull every pokemon you pass over.

zulux21

it only does a small area at a time.

it managed to show 4 pokemon near me
a weedle.
a pidgy
an eevee
and a koffing.

the eevee and koffing are tempting but it is 4am...

it's not going to lead to a ton of stuff around me, so I will likely use it to watch around me to see if anything interesting pops as I am not in a high traffic area.

so you're saying it's inaccurate...

it's telling me the closest pokemon is miles away when i've witnessed a pidgey and para spawn right next to me

i'm not saying the data it relies on is inaccurate. i'm saying the site itself is inaccurate.

??? No, that's not even close to what I'm saying.

Are you even using the site that's linked there? Sounds like you're talking about https://www.pokecrew.com/ or something. https://pokevision.com/ shows everything within a very small radius (like, a few hundred feet) of where you drop the map point, not a list of everything miles away.

Pachimari

How does my girl Chansey have less attack than Magikarp?! I guess all that Stamina makes up for it... but still, I was hoping Chansey would be viable for battles :(

bs39rMp.png
What website is this from, pokevision?

I got my first new Pokemon of the day. A 109cp Onix from my 10km egg. Just gotta get two new Pokemon more today, and it's a sunny weather, perfect for photography too.

zulux21

While the tracker is broken, this is a much needed tool.

Once the tracker's fixed I'll go back to that.

ill likely use both.
from home I will use the site to see if there is anything worth going outside for and if the tracker is working continue to track down things.

I won't use the site while on the go at all. just as a starting point.

Chaos17

Finaly got my refurb phone in better condittion than I expected, now I've to wait for it to charge up! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

zulux21

the main area I go for hunting has a squirtle in it...

sadly that area is far away :(

oh well one will eventually pop near me.

I still need to figure out how to give a squirtle shades anyways.

yes, using pokevision

nothing showing up

maybe its my browser?

Possibly, but like I said, it's also constantly having trouble connecting to the servers. When it loads though, it's precise data. You also have to forcefully make it poll for data again sometimes, by clicking the "Find Pokémon nearby marker" button.

switched browsers, its working

is there any way to search a larger area?

Don't think so. Seems like it's more or less polling the same exact data as the "nearby" window in the app, thus a similar range. Only, it actually works.

I discovered from the python version that "Nearby" screen iis even more broken than we know.

App showed three nearby pokemons for my current location and the python scanner picked those up, but well within the radius of the further type, there were a bunch more "Nearby" could have shown.

So either "nearby" is not showing pokemon that will de-spawn soon, or it only selectively shows what is nearby.

I've been all over town...
Not a Growlithe in sight...
Arcanine is my favourite Pokemon...

:(

I used an incense for the first time!
9 Pokemon spawned, all burst out of the ball after the first rock and then all fled.
After that nothing else spawned.

:(

Matush

Pokevision works like charm, I live in semi-small city so it helps a lot. As soon as new mon appeared on the site I checked the app and yep, it was there also.

idonteven

i swear i got like 50 pidgeys

holy shit that scanner only shows 1 pokemon in my town
..no shit i cant find any decent pokemon

edit: and its a fucking pidgey again

zulux21

must not sprint out of apartment to ghastly that has 2 minutes before it vanishes and is about a 2 minute run from where I am lol.

zoukka

So should I just evolve a bunch of pidgeys at lvl10. I take it's more beneficial to mass evolve later but at the same time you get better CP pokemon the faster you level up...

zulux21

So should I just evolve a bunch of pidgeys at lvl10. I take it's more beneficial to mass evolve later but at the same time you get better CP pokemon the faster you level up...

you better CP pokemon the faster you level up.

you also get a lot more broken balls.
a lot more requirements of hitting pokestops for better balls.
a lot more throwing issues.

also since I could test it. with the despawn it seems even if the pokemon despawns while you are fighting it and it breaks free it still won't run for sure... which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom