• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Damn those shots of pokevision make me jealous when compared to what I can find here. xD

It's not even loading for me at the moment, but I know the spawn points are no where near that close!

Solobbos

This doesn't really incentivize me to go outside:

ORT4uPB.png

cHinzo

Only shit nearby. Why am I not surprised.

Anyways guys, since the main game is lacking some content, like trading, battling with friends and other stuff. Wouldn't it be great to have something like Pokemon-Amie in Pokemon Go to interact with the Pokemons you just caught? I thought it would be a pretty great feature and perfectly fit for smartphones, since they all got touch screens anyways.

DrFurbs

Are there any good alternatives to buggy ridden piece of fucking nintendo trash? Something that will allow us to collect, evolve and fight our monsters PVP style and with gyms?

I cant believe this trash has the longevity it has.

vikki

not sure what you mean. a 2x weakness is pretty common, and with dual type some even get more screwed with some 4x weaknesses.

My point is that flying is weak to lightning, but rock type is resistant. I use Aerodactyl as an example who is both of those types. Why does the weakness of being flying type trump the resistance of a rock type? Why not have the weakness of a flying be negated by the resistance of a rock type? So an electric type wouldn't get 2x damage or 1/2 damage. But as I stated, this is a broader Pokemon question and not a specific PkGo question.

T.O.P

Banned
Went out because the PokeVision showed a Squirtle in the nearby town

Got it with 30 seconds left :D

Now i have enough to get a Wartortle but they are all damn weak so far :/

And shit moveset as well

nbraun80

My point is that flying is weak to lightning, but rock type is resistant. I use Aerodactyl as an example who is both of those types. Why does the weakness of being flying type trump the resistance of a rock type? Why not have the weakness of a flying be negated by the resistance of a rock type? So an electric type wouldn't get 2x damage or 1/2 damage. But as I stated, this is a broader Pokemon question and not a specific PkGo question.
Rock isn't resistant to electric though...

Are there any good alternatives to buggy ridden piece of fucking nintendo trash? Something that will allow us to collect, evolve and fight our monsters PVP style and with gyms?

I cant believe this trash has the longevity it has.

Calm down.

I'm not sure what people expect with the scope this game has, especially when it has been the biggest game ever to launch.

Finally took over a gym. How long before I get the bonuses?

You can collect them in the shop right now (then you have to wait like 21hrs or so to do it again)

My best Pokemon has been in an arena for a whole day now. I'm never getting that back I think. That arena is just crazy.

This doesn't really incentivize me to go outside:

And that is exactly why I'm not going to bother with these tools. I want the element of surprise, and I certainly don't want to not bother going out because I'm weighing up the reward factor.

I'm really disappointed these tools exist. They largely undermine the whole point of the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
And that is exactly why I'm not going to bother with these tools. I want the element of surprise, and I certainly don't want to not bother going out because I'm weighing up the reward factor.

I'm really disappointed these tools exist. They largely undermine the whole point of the game.
People always look for advantages and easiest way to achieve their goals. It's to be expected.

I'm not going to use it either for the same reason, but its existence doesn't bother me at all. Let others play however they want to.

Sorry complete beginner here. Are the HP or the CP points more important. So have one with CP 74 and HP 26. And the other one is CP 71 and HP 28. Which one should i keep. Drowzee btw.

Pachimari

Sorry complete beginner here. Are the HP or the CP points more important. So have one with CP 74 and HP 26. And the other one is CP 71 and HP 28. Which one should i keep. Drowzee btw.

CP is how strong your Pokémon is. It's kind of the general level it is, so keep an eye on that. HP is just its health. Keep the one with the strongest CP. And it doesn't matter much at this point. And don't waste your stardust until your trainer is lvl 15-20.

Crescende

Banned
why, just don't use it, and plus the same pokemon aren't going to be in the same places, a lot of them spawn for a limited time.

Knowing about it is already killing it for me. This and GPS Spoofing. If these things get to the masses, Pokemon Go will lose ist magic...fast.

why, just don't use it, and plus the same pokemon aren't going to be in the same places, a lot of them spawn for a limited time.

When a really rare Pokemon spawns, if it's snapped up by somebody who knows it's there, that means you can't then get it after the servers next refresh. Not to mention part of what makes Pokemon Go so fun is the social aspect of talking to others, which is cut out entirely if people are just making a beeline for the best Pokemon on their own.

So these tools can have an impact on you, even if you don't use them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be using it just because I live rurally so I don't get shit anyway; if there's something rare I won't see it again for I suspect months if I don't seize the chance. Might be fine for y'all fancy city folk to get all high and mighty about it, but just compare urban and rural areas in Pokevision and you might change your mind.

c-murph

I feel ya bro. Been playing with the Pokevision for the last hour in my apartment. In game the radar said there was a Squirtle, Mankey, and Machoke nearby over that hour... but I couldn't find them anywhere on pokevision.... How far away does the pokevision site register?

Crescende

Banned
When a really rare Pokemon spawns, if it's snapped up by somebody who knows it's there, that means you can't then get it after the servers next refresh. Not to mention part of what makes Pokemon Go so fun is the social aspect of talking to others, which is cut out entirely if people are just making a beeline for the best Pokemon on their own.

So these tools can have an impact on you, even if you don't use them.

I heard the same argument when people started to cheat their perfect IV Pokemon in the original series... you dont have to use it. But guess who never played an online match ever again...

wagamer

Well Pokevision isn't working correctly here. It showed only one pokemon near my address while in reality there were several in my reach.

Galang

Banned
Pokevision doesn't work well for me at all here. Shows only ratata and weedle, but I just caught jigglypuff and two goldeen in my yard. Oh well. Not like I was going to walk far to track things anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom