• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Knowing about it is already killing it for me. This and GPS Spoofing. If these things get to the masses, Pokemon Go will lose ist magic...fast.
GPS spoofing is no where near the same thing so I'm not even going to touch that. It'll lose it's magic without communcation and updates from them. If they can't fix their own tracking system people will go to other means. I'll have way more fun knowing where there is pokemon rather than hoping I bump into one of the 3 paws on my 'tracker'.
When a really rare Pokemon spawns, if it's snapped up by somebody who knows it's there, that means you can't then get it after the servers next refresh. Not to mention part of what makes Pokemon Go so fun is the social aspect of talking to others, which is cut out entirely if people are just making a beeline for the best Pokemon on their own.

So these tools can have an impact on you, even if you don't use them.
It doesn't matter if someone captures it or not, it spawns in for a set time then goes away, someone else using a map doesn't effect your chance up randomly bumping into.

GulAtiCa

Pretty good morning so far. Found myself a cp 396 Squirtle in my neighborhood and then a Pikachu. Hatched a Tentacool, already have 2 high power Tentacruels, but this one is high CP too and came with 20 candies. So nice!

Nice! I have 1 currently and currently level 16. I'm going to wait a bit til I have like 40 things to evolve, some of which will be new pokemon, so I can quickly get to level 20.

Yeah, I think evolved around 25 things? I think what helped is like 2/3 of them I didn't yet have the pokemon in my pokedex.

you have to go into the shop and click the little shield in the top right corner, and essentially 'cash out'. you can only do it once every 21 hours.

You can collect them in the shop right now (then you have to wait like 21hrs or so to do it again)

My best Pokemon has been in an arena for a whole day now. I'm never getting that back I think. That arena is just crazy.

Already gone by then :(

13726645_10153568294546805_6694663249389230969_n.png

The saga continues. (This is for Olive Garden)

Also, Sam's Club has a deal but it popped up on "Sponsored" on facebook and I can't find it on their regular page. I believe it was something about a free cookie and one free day of shopping for a non member if you show them the game.

Septimius

I've at several times had both me and my girl's phone in my hands, and the order of the pokémons is completely random. From what I've seen, there's nothing that indicates which pokémon is closest.

Glix

I've at several times had both me and my girl's phone in my hands, and the order of the pokémons is completely random. From what I've seen, there's nothing that indicates which pokémon is closest.

Did the same experiment last night and I agree.

For every 20 Pidgey, Zubat, Rattata and Weedle i find a new Pokemon. Pretty annoying honestly.

I agree.

I have no interest in gyms and I prefer just finding new Pokemon and evolving the Pokemon I need.

So seeing all the Polemon you've mentioned constantly will eventually be the reason I stop playing.

CoolOff

How does Incense work relative to PokeVision? The ones that spawn because of Incense won't show, right? They're "personal"?

GulAtiCa

Hey, that's good stuff for quick exp by evolutions. See the bright side.
Yep. Really good to quickly evolve and level up. Plus great way to get stardust. Assuming you have a nice way to keep getting pokeballs too.

I tried the Eevee trick to get Jolteon (named him Sparky) and I got a Vaporeon :\
Sad day

That sucks. Since servers are unreliable, it's best to rename the pokemon then restart the app to make sure the server got the name change went through.

jennetics

That sucks. Since servers are unreliable, it's best to rename the pokemon then restart the app to make sure the server got the name change went through.

I had him ready to evolve since yesterday, named him Sparky yesterday afternoon too. Closed the app many times as well. Looks like I may have just had bad luck somehow ¯\_(❛n❛)_/¯

I had him ready to evolve since yesterday, named him Sparky yesterday afternoon too. Closed the app many times as well. Looks like I may have just had bad luck somehow ¯\_(❛n❛)_/¯

She/he's classier than Jolteon tho.

Wait, why didn't they give genders to Pokémons?

Munter

Is anyone having any trouble with payments on Android? I tried buying some pokecoins but I get a message saying the payment method was declined. I've tried removing/adding payment methods to my google account, I've tried PayPal, I've tried adding a card directly in the app but it's declining all methods!

Firemind

Is anyone having any trouble with payments on Android? I tried buying some pokecoins but I get a message saying the payment method was declined. I've tried removing/adding payment methods to my google account, I've tried PayPal, I've tried adding a card directly in the app but it's declining all methods!
Are you using the APK?

Podge293

Silly question here.

What happens your Pokemon after you lose a gym?

Saw I left pikachu at a gym that was subsequently taken over by another team? What happens that pikachu?

lt519

Sooo, every morning at 9:00 when I leave for work there is a rare outside my parking garage. Yesterday it was a Wigglytuff, the day before a Porygon, the day before that a Pigeotto, and today a Kingler. Might just be a weird coincidence, but..

I'm setting my alarm on weekends.

Went out to hatch 'em all, but kept going...

Wow, I think that was my pace on my 5 mile run haha. I was constantly fidgeting with my phone and not focusing on running.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Silly question here.

Saw I left pikachu at a gym that was subsequently taken over by another team? What happens that pikachu?
He comes back to you, a bit worse for wear (needs a revive and to be healed up).

MajorMane

Silly question here.

The Pikachu would "return" to you at 1 HP automatically without you having to drive by the gym. You're then able to use it to battle, level up, evolve, etc.

MajorMane

Yeah... They might add it in gen 2 I guess but they wouldn't be able to give them to the mons we already have. They probably should've included genders from the beginning though.

This game is a weird mish-mash. Like, I figured they wanted to stay as close to Gen 1 as possible (hence no genders), but then they throw in Dark, Steel, and Fairy typings to Pokemon (probably to future proof the game). At that point, adding a gender to Pokemon honestly wouldn't be too hard.

Since Ditto is unobtainable, I have a feeling it will be linked to breeding in the future somehow. And if that's the case, then genders wouldn't be necessary.

The guys over at King is playing this non-stop I'm sure of it. They have two pokéstops outside their main entrance and they are lured all the time.

Just out of reach from where my office is :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom