• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Podge293

There's a poke stop right outside my office. People keep dropping lures. It's excellent for me.

I've caught so many zubats and pidgeys tho.

I don't know if somebody else posted before, and I don't care

12YP5aP.png

09d.jpg

I was playing Stick of Truth the other day and thought it would be Hilarious if SP did this.

ash321

As it should be. Its niantics fault for not bothering to fix the fucking there steps bug.
It's not really a bug. As you can see on pokevision, the game use per call charge, which link to a part the google map, so if they want they litteraly can just flick a switch and the three step thing will work again (which explained how the pokevision or the python script can show you the pokemon, it bypass the lock niantic put on the app). But there is the problem. To enable per call charge for every device with the current amount of player will thrash the server (which explain why the pokevision has to put the 30s limit on their app). I think they want to roll out all server, update the server accordingly then they will "fix" the three step bug.

Mystic curently has a death grip on the gyms around me... I need to even the odds.

And as much as Instinct is cool, there's not enough of them to keep the gym alive... I may have to join team #valorscum to even the odds.

WOah.

So whats the trick. have a lineup of pokemon ready to evolve, activate 1 lucky egg and then evolve them all?
Pretty much, you get normally 500k per evolution which is doubled with lucky egg. Plus half of them were evolutions I've never had before so the exp for registering to the Pokédex was also doubled. So 1k per evolution + any additions to Pokédex. I likely won't hit that high since a lot was from adding to Pokédex. Probably did 25-30 Pokemon if I had to guess.

MajorMane

WOah.

So whats the trick. have a lineup of pokemon ready to evolve, activate 1 lucky egg and then evolve them all?

Pretty much. Someone did a calculator for maximum XP

http://www.pidgeycalc.com/

To add on to that, Pidgey, Weedle, and Caterpie all give you the best bang for your buck. Any evolution gives you 500XP at the base level (double that with Lucky Egg), so Pokemon that only take 12 or 25 candies to evolve are best.

To add on to that, Pidgey, Weedle, and Caterpie all give you the best bang for your buck. Any evolution gives you 500XP at the base level (double that with Lucky Egg), so Pokemon that only take 12 or 25 candies to evolve are best.
I mean or whatever you have a lot of... I had 700 doduo candies since that's like all I see so that was almost 14k right there.

i wonder when they add another generation...i want my lugia...pls give me legendarys

Not sure about legendaries, but there are rumors Gen II will be added by the end of the year.

So, how do you all manage keeping enough Pokeballs to keep going during long trips catching Pokémon?

I mean, my neighborhood has nothing for miles. So, that leaves me with:

- Don't do cardio at the gym, go to the park. (8 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless Pokémon spawn points)

- Sundays when I help with a church stream at our local campus, I can go hunting / gym fighting during breaks in between services (10 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless spawn points)

But there's no place I can just park and get Pokeballs every 5 minutes or so, like at my office. There's no stops there either.

So, about twice a week I'll be at the park and I go through basically every Pokeball I have, because in a couple of hours I'll catch around 150 or so Pokémon and the stops are too far apart to really camp out at if I want to maximize my item collection.

It's great exercise, but I'm probably going to spend money on this game to make that big push from 15 or so to 20. Not that I mind, Niantic / Nintendo gave me a great excusre to go out and such with friends, but it's kind of a bummer that I can't seem to find a sustainable loop for this game.

Got to level 12, almost 13. Have about 50 Pokémon to evolve so once I hit 15 I'm hoping to just pop a lucky egg and get to 20.

zeemumu

Not sure about legendaries, but there are rumors Gen II will be added by the end of the year.

So, how do you all manage keeping enough Pokeballs to keep going during long trips catching Pokémon?

I mean, my neighborhood has nothing for miles. So, that leaves me with:

- Don't do cardio at the gym, go to the park. (8 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless Pokémon spawn points)

- Sundays when I help with a church stream at our local campus, I can go hunting / gym fighting during breaks in between services (10 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless spawn points)

But there's no place I can just park and get Pokeballs every 5 minutes or so, like at my office. There's no stops there either.

So, about twice a week I'll be at the park and I go through basically every Pokeball I have, because in a couple of hours I'll catch around 150 or so Pokémon and the stops are too far apart to really camp out at if I want to maximize my item collection.

It's great exercise, but I'm probably going to spend money on this game to make that big push from 15 or so to 20. Not that I mind, Niantic / Nintendo gave me a great excusre to go out and such with friends, but it's kind of a bummer that I can't seem to find a sustainable loop for this game.

Got to level 12, almost 13. Have about 50 Pokémon to evolve so once I hit 15 I'm hoping to just pop a lucky egg and get to 20.
Every individual building on my college campus is a pokestop.

Chaos17

Allright, I just came back from my first experience with Pokemon go. with just a battery charged at 40%, lol. The weather was allright not too hot compared of yesterday, server was also nice, so all green light to go explore!

I tough I will have to use a lot Pokevision a lot because of the 3 steps bug and that I was in a little town. But to my biggest suprise there were many Pokestops (with some lure, not all but a bit) not too far from house. Ideal for a little quick walk to get a bit of sun, also the spawn of random pokemon is decent.

Unfortunaly, my town is a Zubat nest -.-'

So far, though, I only saw 1 gym and I totaly forgot to check what level was the pokemon guarding it! It was snorlaw, thou Also, I saw some people play the game too at a pokespot but my streets ain't filled of players, we're just a few, it seems. By the number of pokespots I can tell there were some quite active Ingress players, lol

Anyway, I just went out for 1 hour and I didn't even noticed the time I spended, usualy I get usualy bored to just walk. Really, to have some objectives/pokemons regulary popping did make the time go fast.

If Pokemon go will make me go out at least 1 hour per day, then I've not regret to have bough a new (cheap) phone for it. To my regret, I couldn't get google survey app that is in the OP. I don't know why it wasn't available for France. Dunmo, how I will make free coins, ugh.

Tomorow, my battery phone will be full so I will be able to spend more time outside!

350px-HGSS_Walking_Pok%C3%A9mon.png

OTIX

Disappointing that you can't play in rural areas. I'm on vacation out in the country and there are literally zero Pokemon around here.

smisk

Have we figured out for sure if biomes are a thing in this games? Keep hearing rumors that certain types of pokemon are more common in certain areas, like desert or beach. It kinda seems like bullshit but I'm level 9 and have yet to encounter a single fire or electric type so who knows..

Disappointing that you can't play in rural areas. I'm on vacation out in the country and there are literally zero Pokemon around here.

Yea, its rough. Even residential areas are tough. Just get the same of any pokemon. I travel to different residential areas for my work and its all the same.

Razmos

The "Psychic types are more common in cities and urban areas" seems pretty true, Drowzees are everywhere in cities and towns

GulAtiCa

Have we figured out for sure if biomes are a thing in this games? Keep hearing rumors that certain types of pokemon are more common in certain areas, like desert or beach. It kinda seems like bullshit but I'm level 9 and have yet to encounter a single fire or electric type so who knows..

The only one I know for sure is water pokemon do show up a good bit near water sources. I work near 2 ponds, so a bunch of Water pokemon show up often, gotten like so many Magikarps.

Kimawolf

Oh shit i got a horse that's on fire!! Come at me gaf! I'm bout to level this thing and own some gyms!

So Pokegaf, any other pokemon as cool as a horse thats on fire?!

Every individual building on my college campus is a pokestop.

Yeah, that would be the dream. Having a spot where I could spend a day doing work or studying and get check in at Pokestops every 5 minutes would keep me topped up, but in my area it just seems that Pokestops are too spread out to just sit in one spot. The college campus has stops that are all 1km apart or so, so it gets tiring to make the walk even if it does mean the stop I last checked will reset by the time I get to the next one.

Like if my office had a Pokestop, that would be at worst 1-3 Pokeballs every 5 minutes -> 20-60 Pokeballs every hour -> ~200 Pokeballs a shift.

That would make it so much easier to level up.

Was keeping an eye on PokeVision, and decided to go for a jog around the block at 1am for a Vulpix, Bellsprout and Paras.

What is this game doing to me?!

The only one I know for sure is water pokemon do show up a good bit near water sources. I work near 2 ponds, so a bunch of Water pokemon show up often, gotten like so many Magikarps.
Yep this. So many water pokemons by the lake near here. Rattatas and pidgeys everywhere else :p going pretty far tomorrow to explore with a few friends. Hope to find areas where different types are common.

Pejo

Servers seem really snappy and stable this morning. Still have the 3 "feet" bug though. They really need to fix that shit soon, I want to know where these pokemon are.

MajorMane

I'm close to level 15, my damn great pokeballs (or all?) have started curving on their own, that's some grade A bullshit right there

Yep, it happens usually after you use a Razz Berry. It's pretty dumb for sure. Best bet is to curve your Pokeballs automatically if you use a Razz Berry. (Or if you see the sparkles when you go to throw the ball.)

Chaos17

Servers seem really snappy and stable this morning. Still have the 3 "feet" bug though. They really need to fix that shit soon, I want to know where these pokemon are.

Weird, they were pretty smooth for me, I just wend out 30 mins ago.
And server tracker show they're fine too.

http://ispokemongodownornot.com/

Edit: bad move Niantic, your fans are waiting and watching you.

JIN9xRB.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4trab0/come_on_really_you_dont_address_the_bugs_or/

Durden77

I wish Niantac would at least COMMENT on the nearby issue. If it's really shut off to gelp server load, just say that! It's almost been a week and no one knowa anything for sure. The fuck man.

smisk

I've been realizing that longboarding is a lot more efficient than walking. Went out for 45 minutes last night, caught 14 pokemon (a couple new ones) and hatched a couple 2km eggs. I'm sure biking works well too.

Piers

Sorry if this has been ask, but is the tracking feature in the bottom right actually reliable? Too often I find the Pokemon that end up spawning are not listed at all.

Anarion07

Pssh, people are so damn entitled.

Yeah, Niantic. Get your social media manager on the backend team so he can fix server related bugs. Ridiculous.

Yeah. I'm sure they don't know about it and are just ignoring it. And definitely not working on it!

Chaos17

Yeah, Niantic. Get your social media manager on the backend team so he can fix server related bugs. Ridiculous.

It's badly expressed but the fans went salty because it has been days that we've 0 news/communication from them and then suddenly fans discovered that Niantics do instead take the time to tweet to a random dude on Twiiter (I think ex streamer?).

While when the server went sht and we're having the 3 steps perma bug no word from Niantics, so yeah, fans went "salt", lol I can understand them.

nbraun80

I think most people are being reasonable about it actually. Looks to me like they came into this without any sort of community manager or PR guy, which is pretty silly. Most people would be satisfied if they said they're aware of it and working on it, or that they did it to lighten the server load, but it's literally the silent treatment at this point.

nbraun80

It's badly expressed but the fans went salty because it has been days that we've 0 news/communication from them and then suddenly fans discovered that Niantics do instead take the time to tweet to a random dude on Twiiter (I think ex streamer?).

While when the server went sht and we're having the 3 steps perma bug no word from Niantics, so yeah, fans went "salt", lol I can understand them.
nope he's a rapper, not even a very relevant one. lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Questions:

What does transfer do

Is there any idea to upgrade pokemon if I'm gonna evolve them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom