• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbraun80

Questions:

What does transfer do

Is there any idea to upgrade pokemon if I'm gonna evolve them

transfer discards any unwanted pokemon and gives you one candy for that type to use to evolve or level up. And no doesn't matter if you level them up before or after evolving.

Lucumo

Questions:

What does transfer do

The Professor turns them into one extra candy.

People said the % of CP remains the same. So at max CP, your evolution will have max CP as well. Haven't done that myself, so I can't confirm.

MajorMane

Questions:

What does transfer do

Transfer lets you get rid of a Pokemon in exchange for 1 candy of that Pokemon species. (Transfer Pidgey gives you 1 Pidgey candy.)

It really doesn't matter if you upgrade before or after you evolve (though after evolution lets you know if it will have good moves), but it's really not worth leveling up for awhile as you'll just catch stronger Pokemon as your trainer level increases.

Kimawolf

The Professor turns them into one extra candy.

People said the % of CP remains the same. So at max CP, your evolution will have max CP as well. Haven't done that myself, so I can't confirm.
My CP went up whenci evolved the rat thing. And it wentvup when i got beedrill too.

lt519

Pokevision sucks.

PokemonGoMapMaster Python script is a million times better.

Haha this is ridiculous. Slow as balls, but it works. Won't be using, just curious if it actually worked.

b2zkHTi.png

No realistic use for me, by the time it runs and then I get out to the location who knows if it'll still even be there. Although it'd be interesting if you could build an alarm out of this for certain Pokemon. I may try it.

Jonbo298

Pssh, people are so damn entitled.

Yeah, Niantic. Get your social media manager on the backend team so he can fix server related bugs. Ridiculous.

How about have whoever is handling the social media accounts just ask the backend team for a status on the most common bugs and issues that the common folk outside of neogaf has lost money due to the problems. There's nothing entitled in that in this situation or you're very delusional. Just because the base game is free doesn't exclude them from any criticism.

Here I am at Niagara Falls and the gym by the falls have been changing hands every 5 mins by different vaporeon

Them water pokemon want that waterfall

Pachimari

Can't I just use my lucky egg now at lvl 11 and evolve those I got ready, and then buy another lucky egg later and evolve again and repeat?

Just tried pokevision for the first time, and wow, going to use it until they fix the fucking steps bug.

Its also a great study of how theyve fuck with pokemon placement in some areas. My zone is a piece of shit (its a zone in a million people city with a bunch of parks, but just that zone is really bad, while other surrounding me are much better). I knew it by playing the game, but pokevision just confirmed my fears.
Theres also a huge parks with a bunch of walking trails here, and a huge ass lake. When I went there the other day, I only could catch things in the extremes of the park, that are like 1 km apart, the rest is pretty barren If nobody puts lures.
Even worst, fucking googlemaps doesnt count is as a lake, so theres like fuck 0 water based pokemons here. Funny, google maps counts a really small fountain in a really small park as a water zone though. Fuck google maps.

nbraun80

Can't I just use my lucky egg now at lvl 11 and evolve those I got ready, and then buy another lucky egg later and evolve again and repeat?
you could if you feel you have enough candies and pokemon to make it worth it. Plus you will get more lucky eggs given to you down the road.

rc213

Server's were nice and stable this morning was able to hit up almost every pokestop without much issue.

Also picked up a bunch of Pokemon I've never seen on my route.

Oddish
Magmar
Onix
Golbat
Tauros

Although the tracking for hatching eggs didn't amount to much some reason.

Can someone explain to me the "Nice!" and "Great!" catch process? So I can press and hold the pokeball and there's a steady white circle and a closing colored circle. The color represents difficulty. That's all I know.

Pachimari

Can someone explain to me the "Nice!" and "Great!" catch process? So I can press and hold the pokeball and there's a steady white circle and a closing colored circle. The color represents difficulty. That's all I know.
The smaller the circle the more xp you get, if you hit the ball inside the circle. Great is better than nice.

Yeah, of minor note I also felt that the mix of Pokemon near places I frequent (home/work) has been a bit different today. Some new ones, or some that haven't been around regularly before and I've played a bit. Wonder if they're tweaking what get spawned where - good thing to do to stop you getting bored over time if it's always the same ones...

ash321

For the first time since the game released, it actually get my GPS right ;-;
Was able to hit every pokestop from my house to work.
Praise the lord. ;-;

lt519

The PokemonGOMapMaster is dead accurate. Ran it before I walked outside for lunch and every single pokemon was exactly where it said it was. I can modify the script easily to send me alert emails based on specific pokemon with their google map location to my phone and have it sit there running at home.

Pretty game breaking haha.

Wonder how quickly Niantic will ban accounts using this. Edit: Jesus it even has a timer for when they will disappear.

MajorMane

The PokemonGOMapMaster is dead accurate. Ran it before I walked outside for lunch and every single pokemon was exactly where it said it was. I can modify the script easily to send me alert emails based on specific pokemon with their google map location to my phone and have it sit there running at home.

Pretty game breaking haha.

Honestly, this is something I am interested in, but my Python knowledge is non-existent unfortunately. Even if I'm not able to get to a Pokemon in time, it would help catalog some of the rarer spawns in town. It does break the game, but with the tracking as broken as it is and the lack of any good spawns in some areas, well... I don't feel too bad right now.

I would like to see a feature sort of like this put in the game. Even if it's more of a Pokedex tells you a general area nearby where the Pokemon might spawn.

Another day down, still no Growlithe

rsz_o08pp5r.png

I tried taking over the three gyms nearby with my beastly Vaporeon.
Knocked a Hypno off the first and claimed it. Nice.
Knocked a Electabuzz and Gyrados off the second and claimed that. Great.
On the way to the third though I lost the first gym.
When I got the the third gym... I'd lost the second.
Took the third and claimed the single reward.
My dreams of running the block are in tatters.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Yeah, of minor note I also felt that the mix of Pokemon near places I frequent (home/work) has been a bit different today. Some new ones, or some that haven't been around regularly before and I've played a bit. Wonder if they're tweaking what get spawned where - good thing to do to stop you getting bored over time if it's always the same ones...

think it uses weather in the area ive noticed on hotter days here in socal ill get a ton more fire and earth/rock pokemon but it could be a coincidence

idonteven

Not sure about legendaries, but there are rumors Gen II will be added by the end of the year.

So, how do you all manage keeping enough Pokeballs to keep going during long trips catching Pokémon?

I mean, my neighborhood has nothing for miles. So, that leaves me with:

- Don't do cardio at the gym, go to the park. (8 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless Pokémon spawn points)

- Sundays when I help with a church stream at our local campus, I can go hunting / gym fighting during breaks in between services (10 or so Pokestops, 3 gyms, and countless spawn points)

But there's no place I can just park and get Pokeballs every 5 minutes or so, like at my office. There's no stops there either.

So, about twice a week I'll be at the park and I go through basically every Pokeball I have, because in a couple of hours I'll catch around 150 or so Pokémon and the stops are too far apart to really camp out at if I want to maximize my item collection.

It's great exercise, but I'm probably going to spend money on this game to make that big push from 15 or so to 20. Not that I mind, Niantic / Nintendo gave me a great excusre to go out and such with friends, but it's kind of a bummer that I can't seem to find a sustainable loop for this game.

Got to level 12, almost 13. Have about 50 Pokémon to evolve so once I hit 15 I'm hoping to just pop a lucky egg and get to 20.
i got 2 gyms and 5 pokestops in my town and thats about it..i need to walk/ride a long way to find busy places

it hurts to see places with 10 pokestops 2 gyms in a single road

DigtialT

Haha this is ridiculous. Slow as balls, but it works. Won't be using, just curious if it actually worked.

No realistic use for me, by the time it runs and then I get out to the location who knows if it'll still even be there. Although it'd be interesting if you could build an alarm out of this for certain Pokemon. I may try it.

if you click on the pokemon it will show you how long until it despawns.

number11

As others have probably said, I've walked more this week than I have all year. It is pretty cool walking from pokestop to pokestop and seeing dozens of people just chilling playing this game.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
yeah that sucks they need to do something for people in rural areas maybe a bonus to the amount of stuff you get from pokestops in those areas like make them give triple or quadra the amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom