• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

OMFG wich site is this?? May I ask for a screenshot like yours? Here are the coordinates from around my city. Thank you!

yV4jp5m.png

Go get that Machomp my man, you have 15 minutes, starting.....now

lol sandshrew peeps about to get jealous...i want that cubone ):

Edit: fuck me and a sandslash, geodude, vulpix...

ryan299

Tried the Python script with a couple different accounts, a lvl 1 throwaway, and my own (lvl 8). The high level one had significantly more rare pokemon, so using it with a low level one might not be accurate.

I've seen some speculating that they could ban you for doing this, so I've been using a dummy account.

The Cowboy

I hate the 3 step issue, coming home from work via walking (bus was just so hot) and a blastoise shows up at the bottom of the nearby list, so i walk around to what i would assume would be the right area (nearby lake) and get it all the way to the 1st on the top row - then bam, the thing jumps strait back to the bottom of the list.

Its terrible how bad it is to track something with everything showing 3 steps.

Daeda

I hate the 3 step issue, coming home from work via walking (bus was just so hot) and a blastoise shows up at the bottom of the nearby list, so i walk around to what i would assume would be the right area (nearby lake) and get it all the way to the 1st on the top row - then bam, the thing jumps strait back to the bottom of the list.

Its terrible how bad it is to track something with everything showing 3 steps.
I actually doubt its a bug. Seems they calculate steps server sided and just disabled that for now. But youre right that it completely breaks the experience. Finding Pokemon is more luck than tracking this way, which is not the point of the game.

I'm able to login smoothly, but no pokemon are showing up nearby or on the map, and there's no pokestops or gyms at all. I've restarted the app three times to no avail. This is a first for me.

Kyuur

Script could be very easily modified to only display pokemon within a certain radius and then calculate and sort by distance and display in a list instead of on a map. We could essentially recreate the nearby list with a couple hours of effort. But you'd need your laptop and a 4G card to walk around doing that, kinda silly. Someone will build an App pretty soon though. Edit: I actually think someone on Reddit is already doing this.

Don't even need an app, could just make a mobile website and use location services. If someone on reddit is already doing this I won't put any effort into it -- translating the python scripts into a language I'm actually familiar with doesn't sound like a good time right about now. Do you have a link if there is a post where they are working on this?

DigtialT

Don't even need an app, could just make a mobile website and use location services. If someone on reddit is already doing this I won't put any effort into it -- translating the python scripts into a language I'm actually familiar with doesn't sound like a good time right about now. Do you have a link if there is a post where they are working on this?

This subreddit seems to be dedicated to things like this

idonteven

I'm able to login smoothly, but no pokemon are showing up nearby or on the map, and there's no pokestops or gyms at all. I've restarted the app three times to no avail. This is a first for me.

does the gold shop work for you ? i can't get in that and journal takes a looooong time to load

lt519

Just a word of warning. There are malicious people out there and downloading random installers for scripts and/or using random scripts that require login information, etc can lead to some suspect behavior. It'd take me 2 minutes to modify that Python script to email myself the login information of anyone that used it. Use dummy accounts and/or just be careful.

does the gold shop work for you ? i can't get in that and journal takes a looooong time to load

I just checked and the store just stays on a blank white screen. Good call.

It's nice to be able to log on smoothly, but it's almost more annoying to load up an empty map than to not get in at all. No big deal though, at least it's not completely broken yet-- hopefully this is a step in the right direction

imjust1n

Banned

AdanVC

Go get that Machomp my man, you have 15 minutes, starting.....now

lol sandshrew peeps about to get jealous...i want that cubone ):

Edit: fuck me and a sandslash, geodude, vulpix...

Sorry, forgot I had ordered some food lol.

Holy damn this is amazing thank you! I'm going to run to try to get that Machomp indeed!

Here is cubone, sandshrew, geodude and vulpix land! Everyday I catch at least 2 cubones. He is the cutest.

Frillen

Eevee trick didn't work for me right now. Called him Rainer but evolved into a Jolteon (a much better one than I had though). And yes, I checked at least 5 times that I spelled it right.

Brohan

So i have been trying the python script but whenever i try to search a particular location using '''-l ''address, city -st 10" i will get the following message: example.py: error: unrecognized arguments: Square, San Francisco

So it doesnt seem to understand the location i enter, not even when i use longitude and latitude.

Any idea what i am doing wrong and how i can correct myself and or fix it??

AReed

Is there a way to choose your pokemon for battle or is it just in order of highest cp? Like if I know I'm going against a fire type first, can I choose a water type?

ryan299

So i have been trying the python script but whenever i try to search a particular location using '''-l ''address, city -st 10" i will get the following message: example.py: error: unrecognized arguments: Square, San Francisco

So it doesnt seem to understand the location i enter, not even when i use longitude and latitude.

I had the same problem. I could only do my city, my state wouldn't be recognized.

cHinzo

Eevee trick didn't work for me right now. Called him Rainer but evolved into a Jolteon (a much better one than I had though). And yes, I checked at least 5 times that I spelled it right.
Was this ur second time trying to get a Vaporeon? It only works once per type.

DigtialT

do you have the address in double quotes?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Is there a way to choose your pokemon for battle or is it just in order of highest cp? Like if I know I'm going against a fire type first, can I choose a water type?

you can choose what ever you want click the pokemon on the bottom of the gym screen to choose what one you want to use

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can completely choose your lineup, starting from top left first going to bottom right.

The Cowboy

If anyone wants a screenshot of an area they are curious about, feel free to post some coordinates and I'll pump em out for the next hour or so.
Hi bud, would love to see what's around my area (probably not much).

Latitude: 53.526509 | Longitude: -2.206001

I've evolved about a dozen eevees, and the trick only worked once for Vaporeon and Flareon-- I've had 5 jolteons despite not wanting more than one. I've named the others Rainer and it hasn't worked once, like the game is mocking me for trying to repeat the trick.

It definitely worked (well, I assume it wasn't just lucky) for my first Flareon and Vaporeon; I just assumed it only worked once.

Memles

Anyone bite on the Item Capacity upgrade? I've built up enough coins from battling to purchase it, and I don't feel like I'm playing seriously enough to justify spending the coins on something that won't have some type of lasting effect on the game. 1 incubator is too steep at 150, I have a lucky egg left over from Level 20, and rushing to Level 25 doesn't seem like it's going to be feasible given the time I'll have to play. And so given I work on a campus with lots of Pokestops, the item upgrade seemed logical to be able to expand my available cache of Pokeballs.

But has anyone had buyer's remorse after picking it up?

(mat)

Since that site is getting hammered, i'm running quick scans on my own for a bit.

Here's downtown Dallas TX for example

If anyone wants a screenshot of an area they are curious about, feel free to post some coordinates and I'll pump em out for the next hour or so.

Neat. Does this work in Canada? If so: Coordinates.

TI82

Banned
Had an odd dream last night about a band of rogues attacking other pokemon go players and stealing their pokemon.

Which made me realize this could actually happen once trading is implemented. Spooky

Durden77

Anyone bite on the Item Capacity upgrade? I've built up enough coins from battling to purchase it, and I don't feel like I'm playing seriously enough to justify spending the coins on something that won't have some type of lasting effect on the game. 1 incubator is too steep at 150, I have a lucky egg left over from Level 20, and rushing to Level 25 doesn't seem like it's going to be feasible given the time I'll have to play. And so given I work on a campus with lots of Pokestops, the item upgrade seemed logical to be able to expand my available cache of Pokeballs.

I bought it once and I'm very glad I did. I live around quite a bit of Pokestops and I'm always usually close to full if not already. The extra 50 helps out a lot. I'd probably buy it as least once more if Google would give me another survey...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like some server instability has returned for me. Was nice while it lasted :)

Since unlimited incubators are not for sale, I think that will be my first purchase. I have run out of room many times and hate discarding items.

(mat)

I got the bag upgrade and haven't looked back.

Of course, I have a pokestop right next to me that keeps giving me items all day...

Arrrammis

I bit, so far I don't regret it. The Item Capacity and the incubators are the only things that I really consider using coins on, since all the others just make stuff happen faster/more often. Plus, I run across stops fairly often, so whenever my bag is full I'm missing out on ultra balls, hyper potions, berries, and other things.

Since that site is getting hammered, i'm running quick scans on my own for a bit.

Here's downtown Dallas TX for example

I know you're getting slammed with requests right now, but if you have time I'd appreciate you checking this out for me:

42.430454,-83.305330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom