• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niantic need to get on this shit fast.

Server issues, tracking, crashing.

People have been tolerant up until now because of their desire to enjoy the game and it being new.

That tolerance will not last, especially if someone sees an opportunity to cash in on the current issues and pull users away with a more functioning product.

Is there any reliable way to track in game at present? What does the green stuff mean in the bottom right corner?

Durden77

Did the update fix the 3 footprint problem?

Please god let's hope it did. I can't login right now.

"Minor text fixes"

Of all the fucking things, OF ALL OF THEM. That is literally the last thing people care about right now. And with no communication, this is like the worst patch notes they could possibly put lol.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
er what's wrong with the pokedex?
It just doesn't work for a few people (including me). Scrolls around like crazy without me touching the phone, models won't load most of the time, and each letter in the description of the mons gets its own line.

That's a feature they turned off to help servers, like the map location square for each of your pokemon.

The update also says minor text fixes, don't know why people think there'd be more.

I wish we knew that it wasn't a bug.

Be nice of Niantic to let us know....

I just want to play!

Anarion07

People have been tolerant up until now because of their desire to enjoy the game and it being new.

That tolerance will not last, especially if someone sees an opportunity to cash in on the current issues and pull users away with a more functioning product.

Is there any reliable way to track in game at present? What does the green stuff mean in the bottom right corner?

It's all down to server issues.
I never had the frontend crash on me.

Lunar FC

Lmao, I'd like to see somebody try.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did the update fix the 3 footprint problem?
Looks like nope.

It wasn't introduced in an update, though- it very likely needs to be redone server-side.
Okay, now let's make that happen. Good luck to the enterprising chap who takes on the challenge.

I think the only thing that could make me even happier about this post-PoGo world would be for it to have some actual competition.

Fox Mulder

Lmao, I'd like to see somebody try.

I think this game will bleed users real soon due to all this shit, but another mobile fad app could come out of nowhere too I suppose. Doesn't have to be a Go clone really.

It's a shame really, this game's impact is magical to see in real life.

MrMephistoX

I think this game will bleed users real soon due to all this shit, but another mobile fad app could come out of nowhere too I suppose. Doesn't have to be a Go clone really.

Yeah I feel like once they get it rolled out worldwide they need to release new features stat and flesh it out with PVP that's closer to the hand held versions and trading. That will keep me interested.

That's probably what I meant to say, not necessarily a clone.

But part of this game's amazing success so far has been how EVERYONE is playing it. Office workers on their lunch breaks, kids, families.

What good is that initial success if problems aren't addressed?

zulux21

lets be real here.
who has the resources and the IP that would draw people away from pokemon?
even if this new product worked better it still wouldn't have pokemon in it... an IP that the majority of the world has been trained for 20 years to have a basic need to collect them all.

I don't think there is a product out there, even hypothetically working a million times better. that could pull people away from the pokemon IP.

What good is that initial success if problems aren't addressed?

it's been less than two weeks, with likely at least 10 times more people playing it than expected.
it's going to have server issues, it's going to take time to fix them. it's not like they can just run down to best buy and buy a computer and plug it into their server network and boom it is fixed.

if by the end of august things haven't changed aside from the world has access to the game, then we have major issues, but it is going to take time to make the game run smooth with so many people given the company never had to deal with even .1% of the players before.

lets be real here.
who has the resources and the IP that would draw people away from pokemon?
even if this new product worked better it still wouldn't have pokemon in it... an IP that the majority of the world has been trained for 20 years to have a basic need to collect them all.

I don't think there is a product out there, even hypothetically working a million times better. that could pull people away from the pokemon IP.

Digimon :p

Had 10 mind left of a lure and lucky egg. Was about to evolve the big boys which I don't have in the Pokedex yet. My vaporeon and Seaking will have to wait.

Yea ain't no one stealing Pokemon Go's thunder. Even if the product is better. Casuals don't care about quality of the game when everyone is is playing it among their friends. Yes, it's frustrating but these aren't hardcore gamers that are heavily invested into the game enough to care about mechanics or bugs.

Oscar

Yeah sorry guys, servers going down meant no scans.

Feel free to quote this with legit coordinates (some of the ones PM'd/posted have been wonky) and I'll do em as soon as the servers get stable again.

Edit: On google maps, just right click the general location you're interested in and click on "what's here?" to get the coordinates.

jmizzal

This is what somebody on my facebook posted lol

"Listen I dont usually come on here and rant about the schupidness people getting into but some ah ayo youth need some talking to for real. Dis "Pokemon Go" bull caca dat ayo ramping and raving about need to be the last ting on ayo mind. Every place I go everybody face in deh bomborattid phone. STOP!!!! Is sad how ayo letting this type of nonsense tek ova ayo life. I was at Jax Beach yesterday and i kid you not every single person i walk pass playing this childish game! I even see a child with a selfie stick get in deh water at night yo cyan see nothing in deh water holding his phone to find a POKEMON!!!! Ayo dont stop to think dis is how deh brain washing ayo to stop worrying about de real problems going on around you! And ayo just turning into damn puppets every time some schupid nonsense like dat come out ayo jumping on it quicker than anything else. Instead ah saying let me go support dis movement, let me see how i cuh start up my own business, wa going in deh world dat i should be cautious about instead frigging Pokemon teking ova ayo life. Ayo a bunch a childish children! Grow up and do something to mek a difference! Build something for you and yo family da nobody cuh tek way. Stop being brain wash wid dis schupidness! Ayo being control so bad yo dont even kno it!
I done wid my ranting. Moving on.....
Excuse my cruzan writing to does who dont understand."

i'm sorry were people faces not buried in their phones before Pokemon Go came out? Oh and just because your playing the game it doesnt mean you are not or can not do other productive stuff. My goodness as soon as something big comes out people are quick to say you are being brain washed haha

If anybody with iOS and PTC already downloaded the update, let me know if you can still get in the game. I got locked out of the game for hours during the last update, so I'm nervous to try it again.

Muku

Haha what the hell just happened , I'm right under the gym and hit fight and each time it kicks me out after "Go" , I can destroy this gym but it's not letting me 0_o

Other night with some folks took over a gym. After we took it over we wanted to work on prestiege. They could continue but for some reason I had that bug too. I restarted, and all kinds of stuff to try to help. I waited a bit there and watched them working on it. After a bit it started working again. It's just hit and miss. Only happened that one time so far, but hadn't heard anyone with it, so glad to know it wasn't just me.

Yeah sorry guys, servers going down meant no scans.

Feel free to quote this with legit coordinates (some of the ones PM'd/posted have been wonky) and I'll do em as soon as the servers get stable again.

I'd love to see what's available at:
49.205843379435585,-122.82644033432007

Thanks!

Muku

So, question. Our Pokemon have two moves. Is the top one the one they use in battle and second one their power move? Just curious.

I wonder because I see folks posting and talking about type charts, but was kind of curious if a dual type chart would ever become something or if for this game it's simple enough just to figure it out by the single type chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom