• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorMane

You could get fancy and use list comprehension etc, but just use a list and check in it:

No need for all the extra ifs

Edit: Do what It519 recommend, much more efficient and easier to change later.

Edit 2:

Gotta fix the tracking someway

Thanks for the replies! It'll probably get me to tinker around a bit more in Python, so that will be fun, whether it works or whether I even end up using it.

Can you only have 2 eggs in incubators at a time? Every time I try to add a 3rd egg it doesnt work

You should be able to have up to 9, as long as you have the incubators.

AdanVC

Holy mother this is amazing and so clever. A Zoo put Pokémon Go themed descriptions of several of their animals. So cool.
CnzafcjUsAEW6eX.jpg

CnzagR9VIAABIXP.jpg

CnzahoCVIAAZigK.jpg

CnzaipJUIAAnGap.jpg

Apologies if this was posted already.

Source

Chaos17

I only see around me gyms been taken over by red and blue team. Dunmo, which one I will choose.

Today has been by far the best the servers has run for me since launch.

*Knocks on wood*

Indeed! Usualy around this hour the servers are getting hiccups but today they're good! I'm glad I started today, lol

MajorMane

Is there a battle chart list?

For example, I see Pikatchu at the gym and it tells me which Pokemon are effective agains it

No battle chart list, per say, but here's a sample type effectiveness chart:

You could also look up the Pokemon via Serebii's XYORAS Pokedex. Each Pokemon will have the effectiveness of moves used on it.

For example, with Pikachu:

Only way to do it otherwise is to really learn your type match ups and typings of Pokemon.

jmizzal

Each incubator has 3 uses. Are you sure you aren't misreading the text? (not trying to snark... I think much of the UI is unclear)

Ok it says 3 uses left for one Incubator, and the other looks unlimited so I guess I only have 2 lol

Red

Ok it says 3 uses left for one Incubator, and the other looks unlimited so I guess I only have 2 lol

That sounds right. You'll always have one infinite-use incubator, and you'll be able to find or buy additional 3-use incubators.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Joe's site is wrong, though. NVE is only 0.8x and SE only 1.25x, not 0.5x and 2x like they are in the main series.

EDIT; Never mind, just realized you took that straight from the ORASXY dex, my apologies.

See that's super easy to do. Just get an Anker lipstick sized portable charger off Amazon and the XL prop Pokeball off Ebay, glue one to the other and bam.

Now what I'm doing is making this:

But the button will not only glow but turn on and off a LiPo powered USB charger:

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-powerboost-500-plus-charger/

Now it'll only be about 1000 mAh which is good for like a single charge before needing a recharged, but the Pokeball will be scaled properly and will look better, I think.

I'm gonna have to hide the USB on the bottom though, to make sure it looks good as a prop Pokeball still. The hard part is putting it all in a 7cm diameter Pokeball.

Parts should arrive by Saturday, I hope. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to test and build.

Toki767

The servers are fairly stable...which going by Niantic logic means they're probably going to be launching in Japan within 24 hours.

idonteven

did i brick it ? was catching a zubat,didnt catch it and just kept on going and i saw the game froze...now i cant load the game anymore and its stuck at 25%

now i dont know if the servers are offline or its bricked

full panic mode please help

Do the rarer pokemon disappear after someone has caught it? I've noticed numerous times a pokemon like the starters would show up on the nearby list within one footstep and as soon as someone caught it nearby it would disappear from the list. Only time it wouldn't was if it had already shown up on my own map. I was also playing around with the python script this morning and noticed a countdown timer for the spawn, but some of the pokemon disappear before that timer even runs out.

PSFan

That sounds right. You'll always have one infinite-use incubator, and you'll be able to find or buy additional 3-use incubators.

I do have 3 incubators. My infinite, then I have one with 3 uses and another that has one use left.

did i brick it ? was catching a zubat,didnt catch it and just kept on going and i saw the game froze...now i cant load the game anymore and its stuck at 25%

now i dont know if the servers are offline or its bricked

full panic mode please help

Locking up during catches is common, getting stuck at 25% means it can't log you in. Most likely due to server issues.

http://ispokemongodownornot.com/

But it should be okay, so try again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A Poliwhirl got away and now my Pokedex isn't a 1:1 ratio anymore. No way I can find enough Poliwags to evolve either.
There's hope, I just evolved a Poliwhirl last night after getting enough just candy from a hatched Poliwag.
Picked up a ton of items and found some new friends in colourful surrounds:

DZkuXcv.png
YuOKDbn.png
Cr7O0z5.png
that is damn cool :)

I love this park by my job so... much..
if it weren't so freaking hot I'd spend my whole lunch hour there daily. Chatted with some nice people who dropped a lure at the northernmost stop too, and a friendly Mystic on a skateboard trying to take the Valor church gym down across the street. Didn't expect anyone to be there after lunch hour in the middle of the week. I do enjoy this new world.

been trying forever...never had this problem so im scared something went wrong and now i cant login anymore because of that weird crash
Tried rebooting your phone ?

Holy mother this is amazing and so clever. A Zoo put Pokémon Go themed descriptions of several of their animals. So cool.

Apologies if this was posted already.

Source

This is awesome. Nitpick would be the "attacks" are all 10 and 60, but it's a really cool idea :p

Oscar

Since that site is getting hammered, i'm running quick scans on my own for a bit.

Here's downtown Dallas TX for example

If anyone wants a screenshot of an area they are curious about, feel free to post some coordinates and I'll pump em out for the next hour or so.

smisk

Tried the Python script with a couple different accounts, a lvl 1 throwaway, and my own (lvl 8). The high level one had significantly more rare pokemon, so using it with a low level one might not be accurate.

MajorMane

Joe's site is wrong, though. NVE is only 0.8x and SE only 1.25x, not 0.5x and 2x like they are in the main series.

EDIT; Never mind, just realized you took that straight from the ORASXY dex, my apologies.

Yeah, sorry, it's meant to give a general idea. The effectiveness is different in this game by quite a bit in the numbers, but it'll still give a good idea on which Pokemon to use.

panda-zebra

If anyone wants a screenshot of an area they are curious about, feel free to post some coordinates and I'll pump em out for the next hour or so.

Are these coords good? Would be nice to just have a peek (and sheck out some more spawn point infos :) 53.55853793044877,-362.37118005752563

Since that site is getting hammered, i'm running quick scans on my own for a bit.

Here's downtown Dallas TX for example

Wow, how do you do that? Can you scan Montreal? Specifically @45.52614870762459,-73.59762668609619

lt519

Tried the Python script with a couple different accounts, a lvl 1 throwaway, and my own (lvl 8). The high level one had significantly more rare pokemon, so using it with a low level one might not be accurate.

I was going to try my high level one but I'm not entering my Google account info into some random script someone on reddit wrote. But that's a good point if they are filtering rares for lower level accounts.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah hate to say it but, footprints bug notwithstanding, I'd have to describe the servers/responsiveness over the last hour I was playing as rock solid. I'm sure it will all come crashing down again shortly but it sure feels different when it's like this.

let's go ahead and launch in the remaining countries so we can get the full crushing weight of everyone playing at once, and then move on to fixing the prints bug. Please. PLZ

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

Hrm... that makes sense but I'm scared to use my main account in case it gets banned

DigtialT

I was going to try my high level one but I'm not entering my Google account info into some random script someone on reddit wrote. But that's a good point if they are filtering rares for lower level accounts.

imo its not worth the risk just in case they go around banning people, cause this is by the same people who developed Ingress and they frowned heavily on gps spoofing, which this script is an off shoot of.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh also: the swipe-to-menu thumb shortcut thing is becoming second nature to me and it's great. Everyone make sure to try it to see if you like it. It really is a slick little app when everything's running right.
Some of the Pokèmons, in the overview that shows all your catches, have a light blue background.
What does that mean?
Recently catch'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom