• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh transferred at Poliwag I was saving to make a Poliwrath. Serious Niantic, change the UI around. Hell, take out the transfer button of a single Pokemon and just have a mass transfer option. You can still accidentally transfer Pokemon but at least it won't be on the same damn menu for everything else.

Podge293

Held 3 gyms today for a combined time of like 15 seconds. What a great 15 seconds tho.

Best was the last one. Group of lads gathering round near a gym. Changed hands a number of times. I jumped in. Won. Then immediately lost it ha

Great fun all around

lt519

So i have been trying the python script but whenever i try to search a particular location using '''-l ''address, city -st 10" i will get the following message: example.py: error: unrecognized arguments: Square, San Francisco

Didn't get an error when I put that in, you must be entering your arguments wrong. Should look something like this:

python example.py -a ptc -u login -p password -l '37.775760, -122.418196' -st 10

Although just putting in Square, San Francisco came up with San Antonio, TX so you may want to use exact coordinates.

The Pokevision site actually worked and showed accurately where some were. But now its down and super unreliable on mobile it seems. But fuck it, ill use considering i am about to stop playing due to the 3 step glitch.

MajorMane

Servers were doing very well today up until just a few minutes ago.

Seems there's also an update in the Google Play store for the app.

DipSgyK.png

jsirgey

Neo Member
So i have been trying the python script but whenever i try to search a particular location using '''-l ''address, city -st 10" i will get the following message: example.py: error: unrecognized arguments: Square, San Francisco

So it doesnt seem to understand the location i enter, not even when i use longitude and latitude.

Any idea what i am doing wrong and how i can correct myself and or fix it??

You need the double quotes before the -st argument
try something like -l "Pottstown, PA" -st 30

ryan299

Anybody know why I keep getting arguments when putting long and lat in? Works when I type my city in, but not a specific location.

Brohan

Didn't get an error when I put that in, you must be entering your arguments wrong. Should look something like this:

python example.py -a ptc -u login -p password -l '37.775760, -122.418196' -st 10

Although just putting in Square, San Francisco came up with San Antonio, TX so you may want to use exact coordinates.

You need the double quotes before the -st argument
try something like -l "Pottstown, PA" -st 30

Got it to work already but thanks for your replies!

Time to do some scouting.

Edit: working like a charm now! Only thing that is missing is despawn timers.

Anyone bite on the Item Capacity upgrade? I've built up enough coins from battling to purchase it, and I don't feel like I'm playing seriously enough to justify spending the coins on something that won't have some type of lasting effect on the game. 1 incubator is too steep at 150, I have a lucky egg left over from Level 20, and rushing to Level 25 doesn't seem like it's going to be feasible given the time I'll have to play. And so given I work on a campus with lots of Pokestops, the item upgrade seemed logical to be able to expand my available cache of Pokeballs.

But has anyone had buyer's remorse after picking it up?

Bought it three times now-- and I'm still filling my bag up constantly, throwing away stacks of potions and revives.

I'll burn through tons of pokeballs while out catching stuff so I needed the room, but I've found a few locations with loads of pokestops that filling my bag up quickly. Don't regret it at all.

Arrrammis

The update notes just say "minor text fixes" and it's 12 MB. Let's see what it actually does...

They didn't have any punctuation or capitalization in the patch notes, way to inspire confidence :(

lt519

West coast lunch time. It's like clock work with morning, lunch, and rush hour for east and west coast bringing everything down.

I'm very hesitant to try it considering the patch notes, haha. Minor test fixes with additional major bugs, more than likely.

Besides, with the servers down, there's not much point to it yet.

Could expect your app to be updated. I'm downloading now on iOS but it's barely moved.

Ugh transferred at Poliwag I was saving to make a Poliwrath. Serious Niantic, change the UI around. Hell, take out the transfer button of a single Pokemon and just have a mass transfer option. You can still accidentally transfer Pokemon but at least it won't be on the same damn menu for everything else.

I submitted a bug report because I accidentally transferred my starter when the app delayed after transferring a Pokemon and before I got the success message - I doubt anything will come of it, but it would be nice to be able to undo a transfer once a day or something.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'm completely hooked.

Most PokéStops in my town are a few minutes walking away, but there's a Gym right behind my house with no other Gyms or PokéStops in the direct vicinity. I pass by it often on my way to the supermarket and on my way to work, as well as just while out walking. Every single time, without fail, there will be someone playing POKéMON Go there. When I left for the supermarket, a group of teens. When I got back, a man. When I passed by hunting POKéMON myself, a man taking a stroll with his baby. When I passed by and reinforced the Gym, a teen from another team. On my way back from claiming the Gym, two teens on my team. When I passed by just now, a couple parked nearby in their car who took over the gym and then parked a bit further with a view on me to make sure I didn't take the Gym back. During that same stroll I looped around past the only nearby PokéStop and upon returning I saw the Gym had been taken back by my team. Even sitting here at home, I see the Gym change teams multiple times a day.

This place was never anything resembling a popular 'hang-out' before this. I've never seen people come out to hang out there for fun. It's a single Gym with the rest of the Gyms and PokéStops being in the town centre, yet so many people still make an effort to come out here every day to battle the Gym. And I haven't even touched on what I've seen in the centre of town!

This is insane.
I've never seen something blow up this hard across all ages and genders.

Now if they would please fix the three-step glitch, I'd be most happy. -w- Too often I'll see new POKéMON in the 'Nearby'-tab, only to go out and not find any of them anywhere near me. It's sorta frustrating. No need to lure me out of the house by telling me there's an Abra, Shellder and Jigglypuff nearby while none of those are actually anywhere to be found.

(mat)

To sum up for anyone just popping in:

Servers appear to be down everywhere, and there's an app update that states "minor text fixes".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I installed the update, and I'm back in. Will let you know if I notice anything different. Servers should be considered unstable for the time being.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Well those "minor text fixes" certainly did not fix the Pokédex. Still fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom