• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niantic need to get on this shit fast.

Server issues, tracking, crashing.

People have been tolerant up until now because of their desire to enjoy the game and it being new.

That tolerance will not last, especially if someone sees an opportunity to cash in on the current issues and pull users away with a more functioning product.

Is there any reliable way to track in game at present? What does the green stuff mean in the bottom right corner?

Yup said the same exact thing yesterday. People can only take so much bull shit before they move on. Its becoming more frustrating than fun.

Salaadin

Two days in a row, I get off work and want to play and I can't because of server issues. Starting to feel like it's best to just give it up because thinking about it is just frustrating.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
"A broken clock is right twice in a day".

Almost the same can be said to the thread title.

In the morning and afternoon in East NA.

Yup said the same exact thing yesterday. People can only take so much bull shit before they move on. Its becoming more frustrating than fun.

And more so for the players who don't browse forums or look at it in depth. Or those who have been drawn to it through word of mouth.

A lot of them will see that the app isn't working, and move on.

Sorry if I'm being a bit negative in here. I had some of my funnest moments in gaming when this first launched - walking with friends etc.

Now all we seem to have is broken servers, a broken tracking system (intentional or not, it's broken...) and we're getting to the point where it feels like a lot of the secrets (CP charts, levelling tips, real time maps) are being uncovered.

The worst part for me is the silence from the developers. They need to hire PR fast.

KHlover

Banned
So, seven days of Pokemon Go pretty much over in Germany and I walked a bit more than 70km. Hope I can keep 10km/day up in the foreseeable future :D

Went out for 45 minutes and couldn't get the game to load at all after the no pokemon/stops/gyms issue, yet when I step in my goddamned house the loading bar starts moving.

I'm actually debating going back out for a bit.

Edit: actually, there's still no gyms, stops, or pokemon loading at all. False alarm I guess.

Skarnet

Banned
Yeah sorry guys, servers going down meant no scans.

Feel free to quote this with legit coordinates (some of the ones PM'd/posted have been wonky) and I'll do em as soon as the servers get stable again.

Edit: On google maps, just right click the general location you're interested in and click on "what's here?" to get the coordinates.

I would love it, if you could show me these coordinates: latitude: 55.6284149 and longitude: 12.084646199999952

Misterhbk

Servers are completely screwed right now, so it makes sense that pokevision, which uses the servers in game, is down as well.

Makes sense lol the game was working fine for me so I thought it was strange. Well fine in the sense that it was only having the usual issues.

Z3M0G

Damn, was hoping to hit two nearby stops while waiting for a food order...

Question: i installed using APK because im on GalaxyS3 and notice my version is behind everyone else. Will i still get updates??

Flayer

I'm done with this game until they fix the server issues, it's just too frustrating and annoying to be constantly running into game breaking bugs and have to restart the app. There's a lot of potential here but for now it's become a broken grind to nothing.

And more so for the players who don't browse forums or look at it in depth. Or those who have been drawn to it through word of mouth.

A lot of them will see that the app isn't working, and move on.

Sorry if I'm being a bit negative in here. I had some of my funnest moments in gaming when this first launched - walking with friends etc.

Now all we seem to have is broken servers, a broken tracking system (intentional or not, it's broken...) and we're getting to the point where it feels like a lot of the secrets (CP charts, levelling tips, real time maps) are being uncovered.

The worst part for me is the silence from the developers. They need to hire PR fast.

Right, if the devs would put out a simple "We are working on issues X,Y,Z and will have an update shortly" would go a LONG way at this point. They havnt said shit, but continue to launch in new countries, making the issue worse. Riding their new cash cow right into the ground if you ask me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sweden seems down

I feel like choking a whore

Septic360

Banned
THIS GAME MAN!!!

I was in the office and saw on the site that this Ponyta shit was down the road from me.

I had less than 4 minutes to get there and its about 15 minutes walk but a short drive straight. I grabbed my mate and forced him to drive me to the location.

This is what happened :

https://youtu.be/8UOcz8_VAaM

Right, if the devs would put out a simple "We are working on issues X,Y,Z and will have an update shortly" would go a LONG way at this point. They havnt said shit, but continue to launch in new countries, making the issue worse. Riding their new cash cow right into the ground if you ask me.

Or prirotise their updates so we don't have an absurd situation where minor text issues are fixed before the actual game is functioning.

Pachimari

I got 6 incubators going at the same time. Probably gonna hatch four of them tomorrow, so I'm excited about that. And I'll level up to 11 as well.

Or prirotise their updates so we don't have an absurd situation where minor text issues are fixed before the actual game is functioning.
I can happily tell you from experience that the people fixing the text have nothing to do with the other stuff we want fixed so it's not a matter of priorities, unless you want writers with limited to no programming experience trying to fix complex, game-critical networking code :p

Cudder

When is the absolute ultimate time to use a Lucky Egg? Right before you evolve a bunch of Pokemon I guess? Even better if you were to do it inside of a Lure so you get double XP on each capture?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks like my egg that was about to hatch just got fucked in the ass by the servers. No reward and the egg is gone.

How is this even acceptable?

Anarion07

Looks like my egg that was about to hatch just got fucked in the ass by the servers. No reward and the egg is gone.

Sort your pokemon by "newest".
It's there.

edit: or it will hatch sometime soon (the incubator can be available before the animation shows up)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

whatever hatched is in your pokemon now you got to do the searching game to see what it gave you could of been something you already had and now youll have a bunch of candies for that thing

Moff

I had that as well but I found a new pokemon in the inventory
maybe you got one you already had

When is the absolute ultimate time to use a Lucky Egg? Right before you evolve a bunch of Pokemon I guess? Even better if you were to do it inside of a Lure so you get double XP on each capture?

Standard practice is when you've got about 60 pokemon ready to evolve, you pop the egg then work through them as fast as you can. Pidgeys, Weedles and Caterpies are preferred because it only costs 12 candies to evolve them each (check http://www.pidgeycalc.com/ if you want exact requirements :3 ). If you have any 10km eggs just on the very edge of hatching, do those too as hatching one of those is worth twice as much as evolving a pokemon (all pokemon regardless of type or evolution level give 500xp when you evolve them). If an egg or evolution gives you a pokemon you haven't already caught there's a 500xp bonus.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
30 mins before the servers goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom