• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the most incredible experience on my lunch. I left from my office and started wandering round the city when I caught this sight:
FwYYS0u.jpg
Walked over and what do I see? HUNDREDS of people playing the game and having fun together. feelsgoodman

Xiul

Since that site is getting hammered, i'm running quick scans on my own for a bit.

If anyone wants a screenshot of an area they are curious about, feel free to post some coordinates and I'll pump em out for the next hour or so.

Can you help me with this one? 14.079645, -87.186088 (Tegucigalpa)

Thanks!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
gat damn the list of deals/specials/giveaways for that SF crawl
*The RazerStore (Westfield San Francisco Centre, 865 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103) near Powell. They will be doing giveaways of their Nabu Wearables, other gaming hardware, logo patches, iphone 6 cases, and more! Come into the store, take pictures of pokémon in the store, yourself in the store, etc. and tag it #pokecrawlsf and #RazerStore on facebook/Instagram. Stick around and have fun in their store!

They are also doing an off-site pokémon costume contest. Post a picture on your Instagram of you during the crawl in your best gear and tag it #pokecrawlsf and #Razer for a chance to win a Nabu Wearable!

*StrEat Food Park (428 11th St, San Francisco, CA 94103) in SoMa which will have their food trucks and bars open and have reserved their “barn” space just for pokémon go players! They will have a few raffles too! Come to dance the night away to pokémon music and to meet other crawlers!
SoMa StrEat Food Park

*The Myriad Market Hall (2175 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94114) near Church Muni Station which will have tons of drink and food deals based on what pokémon you have or what level you are. They will have team themed drinks! And CHARGING STATIONS! Come here for great vibes, fun drinks, and yummy grub!
Their deals include:
Team-themed cocktails from Mrs. Jones $8.
$6 Bloody Mary or Mimosa to any trainer with an Aerodactyl.
Free glass of champagne to any trainer with a Snorlax.
The Cro Café: $1 off to all Pokémon trainers.
Special Team Valor Chai Latte (chai w/cinnamon, hot or iced) $4.
Pokedelish: $10 Pokedelish bowls for Level 10 and above and Free drink with a Pokedelish bowl level 12 and above.
Crepes S'Il Vous Plait - $1 dollar off every item on the menu to Pokemon Go trainers.

San Francisco Brewing Co.:$5 pints for all Pokémon Go trainers.
Antonik’s BBQ: $10 plates and sandwiches for all Pokémon Go trainers.
The Myriad

Here is a list of bars in the city for you to possibly add to your route! Of course there are plenty of other bars in the city, but these bars are especially welcoming to pokemon crawlers (and some are offering special themed drinks or discounts!)

Market/Mission:
1) Oddjob
1337 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94103
*Special Team Themed drinks and really great vibes.

2) Docs Clock
2575 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110
*Pokeshot for $3

3) 500 Club
500 Guerrero St, San Francisco, CA 94110
*Happy Hour specials
Powell/Union Square/Yerba Buena:
1) Swig Bar
561 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94102
*Happy Hour specials
2) Rye
688 Geary St, San Francisco, CA 94102
*$2 off with code word: POKEMON

Hayes Valley:
1) Brass Tacks
488A Hayes St, San Francisco, CA 94102
*Will have a special on the board for pokemon crawlers

OTHER DEALS companies will be offering to Pokémon Go Crawlers:

*LYFT is offering a 20% off code to and from these locations:
Dolores Park
StrEat Food Park in SoMa
The Myriad
Harry Bridges Plaza (in front of the Ferry Building)
18th and Mission

Use the code: SFOPOKEGO to get 20% OFF a lyft ride from 5pm-2am the day of the crawl.

*RavPower has a deal - get $4 OFF one of their portable chargers here:http://amzn.to/29MXfuM with the code "PokémonG".

They are also doing an online GIVEAWAY, you just need to share your favorite pokémon capture with them at this link http://bit.ly/pokegosf and fill out the form for the possibility to win one of their portable chargers!

*Häagen-Dazs® Ice Cream will be at one of the start locations handing out free ice cream.
*The Omni team will be along the suggest route giving away iTunes Gift cards for all of your “Pokémon In-app Purchases”. Omni is SF’s favorite on-demand storage and delivery service… Just download the app and use referral code “CATCHEMALL” to receive your Pokecoins. Find an Omni ambassador wearing all red Omni gear to get yours!

*Reason is giving away an escape game to a group of pokémon crawlers. Look for the entry post in the facebook event discussion. Entries now closed.

Today our zoo went open for a hour for free to catch pokemon. There where 5500 people according to the zoo. Nuts!

Too bad the servers where mwe during the hour

Someone who claimed to have checked the code was reporting that pokemon that hatch from eggs have a capped initial level of 20 (as in, they won't come out of the egg at any level higher than level 20) and initial levels for pokemon in the wild are capped at level 30 and the max level for pokemon and trainer is 40.

Interesting if true because it means you can't get a max level pokemon without upgrading (aka you won't just find a level 40 one from an egg or in the wild.)
Keep in mind that your pokemon can't be higher level than your trainer level anyhoo though so none of this starts to matter until you get above level 20 :3

PSFan

I've been in pretty much all day, but for the last few hours the white ball in the corner has been spinning nonstop. I'm debating whether to restart the app or not.

vypek

Its annoying that these servers still suck. I can't bother trying to capture something because it always gets stuck in limbo. I don't know if I should leave the app open as I walk since I don't want to lose what I hatch.

Is pikachu the only pokemon with actual voice instead of its gameboy sound?

In XY Pikachu got a regular voice for the first time.

Actually many of the Pokemon got their cries updated in XY (or before). They sounded less like mechanical beeps and books and more animalistic I would say.

J-Roderton

Had the most incredible experience on my lunch. I left from my office and started wandering round the city when I caught this sight:

Walked over and what do I see? HUNDREDS of people playing the game and having fun together. feelsgoodman

Driving home from work today and stop at a red light that happens to have a couple stops and a gym right beside it and I notice my good friend from high school sitting under a gazebo right there. Totally stopped by and chatted for a bit and collected some stuff. Then two other folks i hadn't seen in a long time show up too to battle the gym.

Really cool game.
when it works

ash321

A 10cp Weedle just broke out of my pokeball and ran
..........................................................................................................................

WHY ?

Anarion07

Are you actually serious? I had kind of assumed they were just expecting things to calm a bit and that they probably weren't spinning servers up because it didn't seem necessary.

I'm pretty sure they've been spinning like crazy.
It's more and more stable despite more and more countries coming online.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wouldn't people spamming pokevision also make this worse since it requests data from the servers lol......servers going down I have a feeling is only going to get worse

I'm confused when people say "Pokemon level" because all I've ever seen is CP. I don't see level anywhere.
Ok, so you see the arc over your pokemon when you go to their info page? That's their level relative to your trainer level. So a full arc means they're the same level as you, anything less means they're lower level and you can still upgrade them using stardust and candies. Each upgrade is effectively half a level.

CP is an amalgamation of their current stats. There was a site that had all the details about it all worked and how the stats in GO are actually calculated from the mon's stats in the real pokemon games but sadly it appears to be down now :/

Durden77

Is there any reason why this game is not featured whatsoever on the Google Play store even though it has been shattering records? It doesn't even show up in the new/updated games for me.

rc213

So West Coast lunchtime = Death to the servers.

Went to lunch expecting to get enough distance to hatch don't eggs. Get off lunch and not 1 step was counted, Game was stuck on spinning pokeball the whole time. 2 days in a row they go down same time.

Sadness...

AGITΩ

Man this server shit is messed up. For the first time in ages i decide to fake sick and call out from work to go hit the town and do some pokemon hunting...and nothing. Or when it does start, theres no stops or gyms.

gutshot

Servers have been completely down for 2 hours now. My kids are gonna be sad that we won't be able to go Pokemon hunting tonight. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom