• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wondering how much sites like Pokevision and these Python scripts are hammering the servers. I know they are requesting data at much higher rates than the actual App. Can't be that many people doing it, but certainly can't help.

I can't imagine they represent a significant load. The App itself requests data every few seconds, no? PokeVision, at most, queries once every 10 seconds and it's encumbered by its own server restrictions on top of Niantic's, and only a part of the userbaseis aware of these alternatives.

Speaking of PokeVision, was anyone able to tell if it was actually accurate before the servers shit the bed? Was in training for my new job all day so I didn't get to try.

Don't tell me to run the Python script, I use Windows

I can't imagine they represent a significant load. The App itself requests data every few seconds, no? PokeVision, at most, queries once every 10 seconds and it's encumbered by its own server restrictions on top of Niantic's, and only a part of the userbaseis aware of these alternatives.
Yeah, was gonna say I don't understand how people can possibly think these maps are doing much more than just having the actual app open.

Speaking of PokeVision, was anyone able to tell if it was actually accurate before the servers shit the bed? Was in training for my new job all day so I didn't get to try.
Yeah, accurate to the very second a Pokemon spawns or despawns.

Don't tell me to run the Python script, I have a Windows PC

Um... I have a Windows PC too? Works just fine.

And yes, Pokévision is accurate. It's pulling the same data the app gets.

Palocca

I used it to catch a Vulpix down the street from my office this morning. I was skeptical, but it worked.

deanote666

I've been able to log on about 5min the last 2 days with my PT account...

Guess the servers got upset with me when I used a lucky egg to evolve my Pidgy army and go from level 10 to level 13 in one go...

Saw the game had an update and got excited. Just wow, what is Niantic doing? Not even a fix for nearby list? No communication either.

Nearby list presumably intentionally off to decrease server load and it would not need an update to be fixed. Communication? Chat? Do you really think they will implemented a chat so that creeps lure children?

It doesn't show all the nearby Pokémon for me. But from what it did show, I would say it was accurate. It could be the servers saying there is a Pokémon on my radar that really isn't or just the website not getting the all of the info from the servers. Showed me a Dratini, Squirtle, and Poliwag, went to look for it, and they were there. Didn't show other things like the Psyduck on my radar, the commons, and the Slowpoke :(

McLovin

I'm done with this game, 75% it won't let me log in and lots of times when I catch a (not rare but rare to me) Pokemon it freezes and the game acts like I didn't even see it. I'll give it a week and come back to it later.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also, regarding why some people might feel PokeVision is inaccurate:
How come I see some Pokemon in game but not on your map?

Pokemon that spawn due to lure/incense are not visible on our map since those pokemon are visible to only you.

lt519

Agreed, the Python script does try about 3 times a second. Just booted it up quickly to see what rate it did. Haven't visited Pokevision yet.

And for the record the Python script was dead accurate for me when I tried it at work. Just modified it at home to do the email alerts but can't test it since the servers are down.

EL CUCO

I use this site to get to know the status of the servers

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

I don't even try to log on before its all green. Trying all the time just makes you hate the game.

Repost just so more people see this
Australia and New Zealand are up?!

hyNyDoz.gif

seveer have been straight shit for me for like 4 hours, and the few times I was signed in it was to slow to do anything! and then this happened:

so I was coming out of my local grocery store after doing some shopping an banking and saw this....

Cn2JV4YXgAU-WLz.jpg

so I said fuck, let me try to catch it, and lo and behold:

Cn2JabmW8AARI4u.jpg

it was 246CP but I'm not complaning, so I berry it up and start chucking all my ultra balls at it. So I get a "great" catch it shakes twice and then all of a fucking sudden the game just glitches out! I got that blue arrow directions as if I was playing in ar mode and the ball just stops.....I quit ans try to log back in and I couldn't....

just fuck you Niantic....just fuck you

damn straight I'm salty

BowieZ

Banned
seveer have been straight shit for me for like 4 hours, and the few times I was signed in it was to slow to do anything! and then this happened:

so I was coming out of my local grocery store after doing some shopping an banking and saw this....

Cn2JV4YXgAU-WLz.jpg

Cn2JabmW8AARI4u.jpg

it was 246CP but I'm not complaning, so I berry it up and start chucking all my ultra balls at it. So I get a "great" catch it shakes twice and then all of a fucking sudden the game just glitches out! I got that blue arrow directions as if I was playing in ar mode and the ball just stops.....I quit ans try to log back in and I couldn't....

damn straight I'm salty
What's crazy about this game is how people are playing this like crazy... without it functioning properly.

Can you only imagine? Flawless servers, no freezing or glitching, smooth interface, nearby radar working perfectly...

Can you imagine...

I hope that day arrives very soon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I had to start ignoring the nearby map... All last night there were rares that were shown as "nearby". Tried tracking a Golem. Nothing. As exciting as it is, there's no point. Actual rares just pop up out of nowhere, for me.

BowieZ

Banned
I had to start ignoring the nearby map... All last night there were rares that were shown as "nearby". Tried tracking a Golem. Nothing. As exciting as it is, there's no point. Actual rares just pop up out of nowhere, for me.
Well, recently the nearby radar has been accurate in terms of likelihood I'll see something on it randomly pop up. Last night a squirtle was on the radar near the top and sure enough it did appear after 50 metres or so, which was great since I have so few of him.

MisterHero

Cn2JV4YXgAU-WLz.jpg

Cn2JabmW8AARI4u.jpg

damn straight I'm salty
Same exact thing happened to me, even the CP amount. Maybe the game is spawning rare Mons before you're allowed to find them

Well, it's past 8:00 PM here. Servers have been down for about five hours.

My plans tonight revolved entirely around Pokémon. For whatever reason the servers are down, I hope it's worth it. This is the third day in a row that prolonged outages made gameplay impossible for me. Really takes the wind out of you sails.

Holy Moly... if those servers aren't up in an hour, that San Francisco Pokemon Pub Crawl is going to be a bloodbath!

I wonder if this will end up being a Nianticlabs protest at their HQ...

Nearby radar has been pretty solid for me for a few days. I only missed a koffing and a pikachu out of probably two dozen pokemon I tried chasing after. Once the pokemon hits the top three spots, I just move around slowly and they tend to pop up.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, recently the nearby radar has been accurate in terms of likelihood I'll see something on it randomly pop up. Last night a squirtle was on the radar near the top and sure enough it did appear after 50 metres or so, which was great since I have so few of him.

Maybe I'm just unlucky. There's been tons of rares that have showed up at the top of the list, and I try and drive around a few block radius, and nothing. Really sad about the Golem, though. Was in a shopping center I was in and walked around everywhere there, and nothing. Then it left.

Glix

I've been able to log on about 5min the last 2 days with my PT account...

Guess the servers got upset with me when I used a lucky egg to evolve my Pidgy army and go from level 10 to level 13 in one go...

No mattet what thread im in i end up hating myself for not having a ps4 when this was available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom