• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukemon

This down time has to be eating into their immediate (people can't buy now), and future revenue (people will be wary of buying and using lures, for example, when it's back online).

I think today will be a serious catalyst to improvement. Potentially a reprioritization of stability over expansion.

Edit: apparently on-point with the post above :)

Performance-wise, today has easily been the strongest day yet for me - UK here and everything worked just fine until about 8pm. At the weekend and earlier this week, everything went down when East Coast America woke up. Today, everything didn't go down until West Coast lunchtime. That's progress in my book. Nobody could ever have predicted it would take off to this degree - they're obviously underprepared and playing catch-up with servers, but they're getting there...

MisterHero

Seems amazing that this is still top grossing app with how broken it is. Who is buying items if the app rarely works?
Pokémon GO has Mr. Burns Syndrome.

Everything is trying to get in. It won't kill him, it won't save him.

tumblr_mdk2zylqd21rscx8j0u.jpg

javac

When Pokémon GO doesn't work, I wish I was never born.
Same. Why am i outside, why do i have a phone, why do i have legs or eyes? I'm outside to catch pokemon, i have a phone to collect pokemon and i have legs to chase and eyes to see them. Without it, there's no point. Every discovery, every war and every step culminated to pokemon go. It's why I'm here.

Aaaand game servers are dead again. Logins are still up but getting in doesn't matter if you can't play :/

edit: in the time it took me to post that the servers are back :p

mokeyjoe

I want PokeVision to work, I'm curious to see how many Mons are around.......no idea how to use Python, or even what it is

Me too. Is it working for anyone? I can get in the game now, but Pokevision doesn't work. Maybe the downtime was something to do with Pokevision.

Me too. Is it working for anyone? I can get in the game now, but Pokevision doesn't work. Maybe the downtime was something to do with Pokevision.

It's working now......there is NOTHING close by right now lol, there are a few at the mall but nothing I'd run out to hunt

The PokeGods have heard my cries of pain when I accidently transferred a Poliwag I was trying to evolve (with mud shot). I just hatched a Poliwag with Mud Shot :')

That pokevision sight is pretty neat. I have caught a bunch of pokemon well within its given parameters that aren't identified on the map, though, and no lures or incense going on here. Just caught a staryu and goldeen, and saw a magikarp, yet they don't show up anywhere at all, let alone where I got them. Also got an eevee a couple minutes ago but didn't see its icon on the map.

I assume the game spawns stuff randomly (I've caught/seen these pokemon plenty of times around my place), but I thought they'd still appear.

Edit: just got a paras close to where it claims seel should be. It wasn't on the map either.

So I managed to log in and tried laying down incense but every time i tried nothing happened. Restarted the game and apparently it used all 5 of them

Fuck this

Shiit Pokevision tells me there's a Charizard but I won't make it in time :(

There's literally no decent Pokemon within a 10 mile radius according to mine, and I've been spamming it for the past 5 minutes in different areas. I'm also not sure how confident I am in it; as I'm sat next to a Charmander spawn at the moment (next to the building I work in, so I've sat here enough to be sure) and it's never shown up on the scanner. I've caught four since I've been here.

Ugh!!! Niatic love rubbing salt in my wounds....encountered a 384 Dratini, berry'd it up and pops out my first ultra ball throw and runs away....

At least I help this little British girl get her first, so felt a little good about that

B-Dex

People here jumping into the sky train tracks causing trains to hit emergency breaks to catch Pokemon.

A damn mess.

My city's downtown is having a Pokemon go event all the businesses are opening their wifi, buying lures, and giving discounted food. 500+ people are expected to show up. 0_0

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Checked out Pokevision for the first time and see that there's a Blastoise 6 blocks from my apartment. It took a lot to bring myself to not run outside and get it. I feel like knowing their locations via an app would cheapen the experience for me.

There's a Bar Crawl in Atlanta this coming weekend I'm off. I might just go. Although, I really dislike big crowds. Well, People period.

Edit: Oh wait, there DragonCon coming up too. I might just go there instead since it's free for me.

lt519

1000 CP Starmie. Takes off after two throws, fuuuuuck.

Edit: and a 950 Electabuzz 3 minutes later runs after first throw, fml

1061 Magmar from an egg, all is forgiven

Are the servers super fast for anyone else? Anything I tap on loads instantly now. I've never seen it run this well.

Yup they're great for me too, at the moment. I logged out and logged back in twice now to clear out the nearby list, and the game loaded up super fast both times.

Vipu

Banned
How do you people see anything in pokevision?
I have tried whole day but its just loading and loading and never shows anything.

Sealtest

Pokevision ftw.

Was able to get a golem 4 blocks away from my house but had 2 run for it before it despawned

Neighbours were prolly wsondering why I was running.

Durden77

Servers seem stronger than ever! Let's go! The nearby is still fucked but if the servers stay this strong we're onto something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom