• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidalwave

Screenshot_2016-07-19-20-51-28.png

I hatched this guy yesterday. I just wish he had a higher CP level and a different type on the first move. Think I should level him up?
You should check that voicemail. It might be Oak.

Darryl

Banned
Screw this game. Wasted so many lures and incense only to have the game freeze or fail to log in...

yea. I can't get enough poke balls because 2/3 stops gives me errors when I try to spin it. I lost a 1200 slowbro last night from running out of balls when I should've had a full inventory. and slowbro is one of my fav mons. the issues are getting too irritating

ash321

Courtesy of Reddit:
Airplane mode trick:
There was a video posted here where someone showed that if you kept getting stuck at 25% loading. Quit the app, turn on airplane mode, start up the app, and when it says no internet, turn airplane mode off. Usually the app loaded up immediately after that.
It work on my end.

ronco2000

I love wasting my pokeballs when this shit show crashes or freezes.

Making more than a million dollars a day and they can't even fix their server problem. Too busy counting their money I guess.

I can finally log in and actually see gyms and pokestops. I think this is the first time I can't see any lures in range in this busy downtown area. Kind of eerie. I bet most people stopped trying to log in a while ago.

ash321

Can't get in. Only time I get to play with my daughters.
Try this ?
There was a video posted here where someone showed that if you kept getting stuck at 25% loading. Quit the app, turn on airplane mode, start up the app, and when it says no internet, turn airplane mode off. Usually the app loaded up immediately after that.

Its too bad that the servers pretty much die everyday around 4pm ET because every day ive tried to log on then to go get pokeballs.

Sitting here with one greatball.....

Please fix the servers. Enjoyable game when it does work.

Kyrios

Still can't get in since 2:30pm on US east.

Actually the past two days have been absolute shit in terms of stability for me.

Oh neat, the day the game's supposed to come out in Japan.

The day the first "bi-weekly update" should release.

Maybe the game will get a ton of improvements and actually be somewhat like the game it should have been at launch.

"Minor text fixes" that we can't even see because the servers have been down all day.

Oh.

So I've been playing since the UK release and yeah I'm hooked etc.

But this game is definitely too simplistic, objectively speaking it's even more simplistic and shallow than most generic puzzlers and FarmVille clones.

I have to say I am becoming increasingly disappointed that, for example, the gameplay is not turn based as per the Pokemon games. I understand the decision was likely made due to the game being designed to be played quickly by casuals but I feel like their solution is simply far far far too shallow.. I mean it's nothing really, just tapping the screen, all that really matters is your CP and type.

As hooked as I am now I know that one day I will wake up and the novelty will have worn off and I will suddenly have zero desire to play Pokemon Go, and that's me as a someone with a strong nostalgia for the series, I imagine that the majority of casual gamers and newcomers will give up in droves.

I mean maybe with updates they can keep the party going for a little while but when that day comes, probably within 12 months, it's going to be like a brick wall I think. The game just doesn't have enough depth or interactivity.

Anarion07

Maybe the game will get a ton of improvements and actually be somewhat like the game it should have been at launch.

"Minor text fixes" that we can't even see because the servers have been down all day.

Oh.

The Update team has nothing to do with the server issues... two different kinds of developers.

Oh.

The Japan thing was bullshit, and they said they were targeting content updates every two weeks, not that there will be an update every two weeks on the dot starting from launch. I wouldn't expect the updates to start rolling until the major launches are complete and the server issues are ironed out.

The Update team has nothing to do with the server issues... two different kinds of developers.

And also this.

PSFan

I have a feeling that today's issues are due to Pokevision and the Python script hammering the Pokemon generator servers. I can get in, but no Pokemon spawn. And it seems these new programs may be hammering those servers. Just something that occurred to me.

I have a feeling that today's issues are due to Pokevision and the Python script hammering the Pokemon generator servers. I can get in, but no Pokemon spawn. And it seems these new programs may be hammering those servers. Just something that occurred to me.
That's what I was thinking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU IS UP!!!!! It's so fucking fast

Snappy as shit pretty much as instant as it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom