• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

teeny

Bellsprout can become a monster. My highest Bellsprout is now a 1150 CP Weepinbell. That will become a 1700 Victreebell.

Very true, but they spawn quite commonly around here anyway! I have about 5 Victreebells currently. More won't exactly hurt, but I was hoping for Charmander or Bulbasaur as they are the last two evolves I need!

Edit: Seems like there is a Charmander nest in a nearby town, so it's not all bad!

Radec

Caught an 86IV Bulbasaur, evolved it to Venusaur and got Vine Whip/Solar Beam!

Thats the highest iv i caught on wild bulbas..

Pikachu to Bellsprout at my local nest, apparently. Talk about a downgrade.

More like an upgrade.

Raichus are weak.

Firemind

Caught an 86IV Bulbasaur, evolved it to Venusaur and got Vine Whip/Solar Beam!
Nice! Power it up and take down all those Vapes!

This morning I caught a Mystic asshole cheating. I saw someone take down my lvl. 10 gym, went to have a look, saw a guy alone pulled over using his phone with no one else around. No homes either. I didn't bother to defend it, went to get some stops, returned and saw he put two Pokemon in the gym, one from a lvl. 29 and the other lvl. 35. Their names are similar and they are a familiar sight in my neighbourhood, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they were a couple or brother and sister. Nope. If there's one thing I can't take it's cheaters.

I don't know if I should report him or take down his gyms systematically.

GulAtiCa

I'm now 5k away from being lv 29! Also caught my 15th Dratini since the Halloween event ended. Still no good Dratini for me to use yet. So I now have 192 Dratini candies, with 15 Dratinis to transfer, which will add a nice 30 the next time a double candy event occurs. Once I reach lv 29, my Dragonite will break the 3000 cp floor!

Yikes, they really fucked over Pokestops. It's crazy to see them make this thing worse, bit by bit.

On the bright side, someone was taking down a huge gym in my area this morning so I swept in and took an open spot...and then they gave up. So now I'm in a generally high-level gym and all I had to do was drive by.

Edit: I just realized that I only assumed it was being taken down. What if it was being leveled up?! When gyms are being taken down, do spots open up as the levels fall? Or did I just screw someone?

GeoGonzo

Yikes, they really fucked over Pokestops. It's crazy to see them make this thing worse, bit by bit.

On the bright side, someone was taking down a huge gym in my area this morning so I swept in and took an open spot...and then they gave up. So now I'm in a generally high-level gym and all I had to do was drive by.
It is -possible- that someone was taking it down... but it is also much more likely that they were building it up and actually gave up because you sniped the spot they were working towards.
Edit: I just realized that I only assumed it was being taken down. What if it was being leveled up?! When gyms are being taken down, do spots open up as the levels fall? Or did I just screw someone?

They don't open up slots as they get taken down, no... it simply kicks out the pokemon with lowest CP. So, yeah... ouch. At least it wasn't on purpose!

They really need to have a visual difference in that gym animation to indicate if a teammate is building up a gym or if a guy is taking it down.

It is -possible- that someone was taking it down... but it is also much more likely that they were building it up and actually gave up because you sniped the spot they were working towards.

They don't open up slots as they get taken down, no... it simply kicks out the pokemon with lowest CP. So, yeah... ouch. At least it wasn't on purpose!

Fuuuuuuuck. I totally thought I was screwing with someone who was taking it down by adding a pokemon after they just took one out. I'll try to just assume that they had already put their pokemon in and were just leveling it up more.

They need to have a different animation for training vs taking down!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
We had Seels and Charmanders spawning last week and now I'm worried to see what happened to them with the new spawns...
I'm seeing a few Squirtles every day but I've never seen a Charmander ever.

And I need more Seels. Still don't have a good one.

It seems you cannot just click anywhere on the map to scan like on FastPokeMap, right? But it's nice to see at least one working scanner, thanks! :D

Trying to work this with less known addreses is like trying to juggle feathers. It doesn't work most of the time and its slow as hell.

But if you're on location, it's pretty good.

Replicant

Mass Evolve 2: Electric Boogaaloo:

nBcJ8Pz.png

I was hoping for Water Gun/Hydro Pump for Vape to replace the one I have with mediocre IV. Not sure how useful Vaporeon is for defending gym but I guess better than other movesets. Dragon Breath/Pulse seems like a good combo not sure why it's neither best attack/defensive moveset combination. I also got Twister on one of my Gyarados! Yay! 400 candies wasted but I guess it's a rite of passage that everyone has to go through?

Failed evolving Arbok and Tentacruel again. I keep getting shite movesets for those two.

Oxx

I've jumped into plenty of gyms with an open slot.

It's pretty quiet around here, so I can't imagine I'm stepping on anyone's toes.

Firemind

I was hoping for Water Gun/Hydro Pump for Vape to replace the one I have with mediocre IV. Not sure how useful Vaporeon is for defending gym but I guess better than other movesets. Dragon Breath/Pulse seems like a good combo not sure why it's neither best attack/defensive moveset combination. I also got Twister on one of my Gyarados! Yay! 400 candies wasted but I guess it's a rite of passage that everyone has to go through?

Failed evolving Arbok and Tentacruel again. I keep getting shite movesets for those two.
Get a Dragonite with DB/DC, still find a way to complain.

JavyOO7

I haven't seen a Dragonite on my sightings yet. Nor a lapras. And its been a while since I've seen Snorlaaaax.

Yesterday I evolved my magikarp into a Gyarados... and mind you, this is my second Gyarados... and he has bite/twister. Again.

I think my reaction went something like "ASDFKLASDJFKLSDJFKL;SDJFKL;ASDJFASDKLFJAS"

Replicant

Get a Dragonite with DB/DC, still find a way to complain.

Alright alright, my bad. To those who want to evolve, I'd recommend doing mass evolve after you got about 3-4 creatures in each species instead of just doing it one at a time. It makes the disappointment a lot less when you got duds because you know you have spares. It actually took me about 2 months of collecting every day before I got to this point.

L.O.R.D

the game is now available almost in most meddle east country,except saudi arabia

Pokémon GO available in eight new countries in the Middle East

Trainers in Bahrain, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates, start stretching your legs! You can now discover Pokémon in the real world with Pokémon GO from Google Play and iTunes!

and of course,i live in the most pathetic country in the whole world,saudi arabia.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
2 new 10k eggs, Magmar and Onix again. I just can't seem to hatch a kabuto, hitmonlee or pinsir (last remainder of my pokedex), hatched pretty much all other species more than once.

Nest migration sucked for me, no kabuto nest anywhere close after looking at all the city scanners.

GulAtiCa

Today is apparently Dratini day for me. Caught 5 of them at work. Hell, got 2 right next to each other. My work now has 4 water spawns instead of the original 2. So my chances for Dratini went way up. So I now have 19 Dratinis on me with 204 candies. Getting closer and closer to have enough to get 2 more Dragonites. Still need to find a 80+ Dratini though..

Not

Banned
Recently went up to the nearby mountains where there's a lake, while the increased spawn event was going on. Almost got enough for a Poliwrath :) and caught a Dragonair. Still no Seel or Dratini though.

2 new 10k eggs, Magmar and Onix again. I just can't seem to hatch a kabuto, hitmonlee or pinsir (last remainder of my pokedex), hatched pretty much all other species more than once.

Nest migration sucked for me, no kabuto nest anywhere close after looking at all the city scanners.

I have a Kabuto as my buddy. That Kabutops better be worth it.

Still don't have an Omanyte or Omastar.

zulux21

Gen 2 Dec 7?

(see Reddit)

yeah...
i'm not gonna believe a random typed up letter.

doesn't seem to be any sort of sign that it is even legit on reddit o_O

also... I refuse to believe that they are stupid enough to release gen 2 before legendaries.
I imagine even if the letter is legit, it would be referring to a legendary event not gen 2 since it says pokemon version 2.

Thanks to the exp boosts from the daily Pokestop and Catch streaks, I finally reached level 20. Pleased as punch to finally get my hands on Ultra Balls, with two incubators to boot.

I'm very looking foreward to finally get my Dragonite and Machamp because then I can take the Pokemon as buddy that I still need candy to level up.
I really want to level up my Arcanine but I haven't got a single candy in ages.

Chuckie

Started up PoGo while on the toilet....boom...Hitmonchan! Didn't have that one yet. So happy. No 132.

That leaves Snorlax and Aerodactyl. All others are evolutions.

So, I'm trying to get nine 10km eggs to evolve them simultaneously, and at having five I finally reached the point where I'm buying more incubators than I can spend daily. I'm not getting 100 coins every day either (7 or 8 mostly) after the gym prestige update so I wonder how long it'll actually take me.

JavyOO7

150 coins x 8 incubators would be 1200 coins, so that's $10 USD. That's what I've done twice already. And 9 5KM eggs just hatched for me. The results are disappointing, like Psyduck and Tentacool, but at least I had enough candies to evolve into a nidoqueen. 115/121.

edit - But it did take me a while to get 5KM eggs. I kept on getting 2KM.

GulAtiCa

I actually bought the $100 pack like 3 months ago. I had over 14,000 coins! I'm down to around 6,000 now. I used likely 5,000 on my trip to Universal Studios alone. These days I just buy 1 or 2 egg incubators a week to save on coins. Hell, I maintain a net positive on coins usually. Like yesterday I achieved 100 coins and 70 coins this morning. So this shall last me many months.

Gen 2 is likely when I'll start going through more coins for egg containers.

I actually came to like the new gym training system with 6 Pokemon.
Especially if the gyms start with 2000CP Pokemon I just use my team of 3 Wigglytuff and 3 Snorlax that are all around 1750CP.

Oxx

I emptied my egg bag earlier in the week. Since then I have had something like:

1x 10k egg
4x 2k eggs
11x 5k eggs

And I'm already back to 9/9 5k eggs. Not fair.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It was rolled out to a few more places in California, Arizona, and some parts of Washington State almost 2 weeks ago.
good to know there's a roll out starting, even if it will be slow. picked the game up again this week, I won't obsess over it this time and just chill.

Almost to 27...

78000 on my lucky egg this morning. Wasn't 100% optimal due to wanting to evolve my Pokedex entry Pokemon first.

Finally got Tentacruel, Electrode, Poliwrath, and Muk.

4 candies away from a Slowbro too.

Top Bottom