• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Joni

Having gym pokemon show up on the pokedex was such a brilliant change. I can now see which Pokemon are not popular for gyms. No Hitmonlee, no Kabutops, no Dragonair,..

You won't ever find low cp defending gyms unless it's people goading others for their spoofing or people just dumping trash to get their 10 coin fix.

I have not suffered the glitch others are talking about with the stops. Is it a regional thing?

FAKEDIT: Oh, so it's not a glitch? I mean, I welcome that change. I'd rather get items and make space than not.

Finally finally finally caught a Snorlax. Bored at work during lunch and randomly started the app and it was just stood there waiting for me, never even seen one on the radar before now. Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl to go.

On the commute home I even came across as a wild Blastoise, Dratini and Porygon as well so randomly good day.

GulAtiCa

Not here it hasn't. Even up to an hour ago I was getting exp at my office with 601 items now pokestops spin but do not change colour then say bag is full.

Reports coming in:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5dntx7/psa_pokestops_no_longer_turn_purple_and_only_give/

Oh, that is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better change. It was so dumb of it to give the "Item bag full" and not allow you try again for 5 minutes. Now you don't waste a Pokestop. So much better.

I hatched 516 eggs. Only 2 were Clefairy. I think 3 were Jigglypuff.

I'm very happy that I got Pound and Moonblast on one of the Clefairy.

I FINALLY hatched a Jigglypuff! 96% IVs!

o5fx4Z5.png

Downloaded the new .apk of the game. I guess you guys can help me verify, but I swear that clicking on a Pokestop and leaving it is much faster now (the animation).

edit - If you are on Android, .apk is at TSR subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5donir/pokémon_go_0471_apk_from_apk_mirror/

edit 2 - And the quick views on the link have people there saying the pokestop animation is much faster now.
Thanks!

I FINALLY hatched a Jigglypuff! 96% IVs!
Gaddamn.

I thought the main use of wiggly was as a anti-dragonite? If you don't have a laparas, that is

You can take down anything with a Wiggly. Most defenders don't even have an attack that's super effective against it, it has quick moves and can easily dodge.

It's was my main attacker until I got a Snorlax with lick and hyper beam.

Firemind

It's also a really good Gyarados counter since all Gyarados have Bite and most have dragon moves. A Jolteon can beat a Gyarados twice its CP, a Wigglytuff can beat two Gyarados twice its CP.

Firemind

What I mean is, the gym upkeep is getting a bit out of hand after the new gym update. Using good type matchups to preserve potions and revives is critical in keeping a steady stream of coin income.

Replicant

142/142.

I used to want Snorlax so much but after using him in the gym, I'm no longer as enthused. On the other hand, I never liked the way Vaporeon was designed but in gym, he's fun to use. Ditto with Wigglytuff. For ice, I actually prefer using Cloyster than Lapras too.

GulAtiCa

I'm still 140/142. Just need a Dewdong and a Lapras. I can actually easily get a Dewdong via buddy system. But I figured it be more fun for mystery to try to hatch seels. I have 6 10k eggs on me, hopefully 1 is a Lapras.

My 2 unseen are a Lapras and a... Farfetch.....
For reference, I'm from North America. Lol

Edit:
My updated buddy

Will have it above 3k once I reach level 30.

What I mean is, the gym upkeep is getting a bit out of hand after the new gym update. Using good type matchups to preserve potions and revives is critical in keeping a steady stream of coin income.

I dunno. I have a real excess of potions. I've literally hundreds that go unused, and I fight anywhere from 15 to 30 gyms every day, plus training.

Joni

Noticed we have more Weedle than Pidgey nowadays. I have 17 Weedle waiting to evolve compared to 14 Pidgey. Also picked up my first 10 km egg in months

Red Fire

Noticed we have more Weedle than Pidgey nowadays. I have 17 Weedle waiting to evolve compared to 14 Pidgey. Also picked up my first 10 km egg in months

Felt the exact opposite. Had ~550 pidgey candy yesterday compared to 180 weedle candy

GulAtiCa

My most common Pokemon is still Pidgey. But lately I've been getting even more Eevees and now have caught 421 of them. Eventually will be my #1 Pokemon. Magikarp is in the 400s too, but I don't really catch those much anymore.

Oxx

I need to get through Sunday without catching anything to reset my daily bonuses.

Hopefully nothing cool spawns. I might turn off the vibration notification.

GulAtiCa

I'm pretty sure someone in here said that a lucky egg would double the 7-day xp bonus.

At the moment my catch bonus is one day ahead of the pokestop bonus. It would be nice if I could reach the 7-day bonuses at the same time.
Ah. That explains it. I was confused as well. Lol

AdanVC

I'm still at 121/131 and I feel like I'm about to give up :'( I have several pokemon that I simply have no idea how I'm gonna do to evolve them without put it them to walk till the end of the world. Squirtle, Dratini and Magikarp. You guys, I have only catched A SINGLE Squirtle and Dratini since I begin playing this game in July. I only have 3 Squirtle candies and 16 Dratini candy (I put it to walk a little during the Halloween event but I gave priority to other pokemon since I was planning a massive evolve session with a lucky egg at that time). And Magikarp... sigh. I only have 97 Magikarp candies that I've gotten ONLY through eggs. I have never catched a wild Magikarp and just when I was excited that a few weeks ago there was a 'Karp nest on the biggest lake on the city, it suddenly changed few days ago and it's now a useless Jynx nest. Like why removing the Magikarps from that lake if it's supposed to be their natural habitat!? It doesn't make sense and I'm salty about that :(

I also still haven't catched a Tangela, Lickitung and Grimer. Tangela and Lickitung are nice cuz they don't evolve and you just need one of them but Grimer is going to be a pain in the butt to evolve him into Muk... ugh.

I'm still at 121/131 and I feel like I'm about to give up :'( I have several pokemon that I simply have no idea how I'm gonna do to evolve them without put it them to walk till the end of the world. Squirtle, Dratini and Magikarp. You guys, I have only catched A SINGLE Squirtle and Dratini since I begin playing this game in July. I only have 3 Squirtle candies and 16 Dratini candy (I put it to walk a little during the Halloween event but I gave priority to other pokemon since I was planning a massive evolve session with a lucky egg at that time). And Magikarp... sigh. I only have 97 Magikarp candies that I've gotten ONLY through eggs. I have never catched a wild Magikarp and just when I was excited that a few weeks ago there was a 'Karp nest on the biggest lake on the city, it suddenly changed few days ago and it's now a useless Jynx nest. Like why removing the Magikarps from that lake if it's supposed to be their natural habitat!? It doesn't make sense and I'm salty about that :(

I also still haven't catched a Tangela, Lickitung and Grimer. Tangela and Lickitung are nice cuz they don't evolve and you just need one of them but Grimer is going to be a pain in the butt to evolve him into Muk... ugh.

I'm sort of in the opposite camp. I have a bunch of Pokemon missing from my dex, but only three are really problems: Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Even though it'll take forever to walk myself into a Dragonite, at least I know it's just a matter of time because I can just have a Dratini buddy. Same with the sole Grimer I have, which will take a whopping 141km to be able to evolve. At least I know that if I leave the game on long enough while going about my daily business, I'll get a Muk eventually.

Meanwhile, I've never seen an Aerodactyl in the wild despite going on several hunting expeditions in known Aerodactyl hotspots. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to get one. I saw a Hitmonsomething once on my sightings while on vacation in L.A., but I was in a bus and in no position to track it down. No nests exist for any of the three so I can't hope for a favourable nest migration either.

Azole

Neo Member

You definitely did not take advantage of the halloween event then... Like, why would you walk pokemons just because you were planning a mass evolve? That was a total waste. That was not the time to xp from mass evolve. With the amount of spawns from that event, that shouldve been plenty to add to your mass evolves. I was able to add 6 new Pokemons to my Dex simply by walking to get enough candies. You could have walked your karp, squirtle or dratini... You could've gotten a Gyarados, blastoise, or dragonite... You should've taken advantage of that karp nest too considering its 400 candies... I don't feel sorry for you and glad you are salty. I don't know why people don't take advantage of something when given when there's not much given anyways. Obviously your priorities were not straight...

AdanVC

I'm sort of in the opposite camp. I have a bunch of Pokemon missing from my dex, but only three are really problems: Aerodactyl, Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Even though it'll take forever to walk myself into a Dragonite, at least I know it's just a matter of time because I can just have a Dratini buddy. Same with the sole Grimer I have, which will take a whopping 141km to be able to evolve. At least I know that if I leave the game on long enough while going about my daily business, I'll get a Muk eventually.

Meanwhile, I've never seen an Aerodactyl in the wild despite going on several hunting expeditions in known Aerodactyl hotspots. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to get one. I saw a Hitmonsomething once on my sightings while on vacation in L.A., but I was in a bus and in no position to track it down. No nests exist for any of the three so I can't hope for a favourable nest migration either.

That's true, it's a nice way to be optimistic with the remaining pokemon. You can always just put them to walk and they will evolve eventually. You can also count on eggs to get them! I got both Hitmonlee and chan from 10km eggs! Aerodactyl on the other hand... geez same here, no where to be seen and no luck with eggs either. In this cases we can only count with those holy eggs, hah.

Firemind

I just hatched a perfect Machop... Is that a thing people use?

That makes it four. Two Paras and one Exeggcute being the others.

Joco

Add me to the 142 club. Yesterday I FINALLY caught an Aerodactyl that magically spawned on top of me as I was walking to hatch eggs. Then I caught a Bulbasaur and hatched another to give me enough to evolve into Venusaur (which got Vine Whip and Solar Beam, very pleased with that moveset). And then tonight I got the last Dratini candies I needed for Dragonite (Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse, not so good). And finally I had enough candies to get Machamp. Originally I was going to hold out for a 80%+ IV one, but I caved and just evolved the one I had.

So looks like I'm done until they release legendaries/gen 2.

Top Bottom