• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Spoit

lol fucking niantic

that's another element/feature removed. 😡

Can't wait to get my 3ds on BF so i can drop this game already
Theoretically it's an improvement to the previous system, since you can spin it again immediately (after you clear bag space), instead of waiting 5 minutes

Theoretically it's an improvement to the previous system, since you can spin it again immediately (after you clear bag space), instead of waiting 5 minutes

That's way better imo. Now I won't just waste items next time I spin a Pokestop without realizing that my bag is full.

I was referring to the XP you get from spinning it. If your bag is full now you don't get any XP from spinning it like before.

Didn't know about the immediate spin instead of 5min i'll try that when my bag has room

I was referring to the XP you get from spinning it. If your bag is full now you don't get any XP from spinning it like before.

Didn't know about the immediate spin instead of 5min i'll try that when my bag has room

It's good for me because everytime I'm in the situation where my bag is full and I'm still trying to spin Pokestops, I trim out some less needed items in hopes that I'll can fill it back up with more useful ones. So I'll get that XP by just doing what I do anyway, except now I won't lose a Pokestop for 5 minutes if I accidently spin it with a full bag.

jariw

You're dropping the game for the 50 occasional XP you're missing? What level are you one, where 50 XP makes such a huge difference?

Add me to the 142 club. Yesterday I FINALLY caught an Aerodactyl that magically spawned on top of me as I was walking to hatch eggs. Then I caught a Bulbasaur and hatched another to give me enough to evolve into Venusaur (which got Vine Whip and Solar Beam, very pleased with that moveset). And then tonight I got the last Dratini candies I needed for Dragonite (Steel Wing and Dragon Pulse, not so good). And finally I had enough candies to get Machamp. Originally I was going to hold out for a 80%+ IV one, but I caved and just evolved the one I had.

So looks like I'm done until they release legendaries/gen 2.

steel wing/Dragon pulse is the ideal defense moveset...I am pumping one of mine to 3k as I get more candy for it

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I had 90+ poli candy and I was contemplating saving for another shot at bubble/hydro, but I checked some threads (but was also said here) that bubble is most important and it's ok if it has submission too. Read one topic where some guy said submission was best because it's harder to dodge against and it gets spammed more.

So I took that Wrath to 2000cp, he'll probably be my first pick if I can put him in a higher spot at a gym somewhere. I don't feel like wasting 125 candies for another Wrath if I already have a high IV one with Bubble.

Firemind

steel wing/Dragon pulse is the ideal defense moveset...I am pumping one of mine to 3k as I get more candy for it
I actually think Dragon Claw is better because it's so much harder to dodge, but yeah, at least it's not Hyper Beam. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Onyx isn't very good in the games either.

I honestly believe Pokemon that need special items to evolve in the games will probably need a special item that will be introduced in gen 2, probably costing coins.

Joni

How are you guys preparing for trading? I'm keeping a spare Pinsir and Primeape around that I hope to trade for something fun, and I have a couple Mr Mime for the regionals. But I'm afraid there won't be enough Kanghaskan traders to go around.

WPS

Onix should have been good. Turns out its a shit pokemon.

The best thing is its a perfect storm of terrible when it comes to Go. The conversion from main pokémon stats to go stats is biased against min-maxing to either physical or special, and disregards speed. Onix has almost all of its points in physical defense, with its back-up stat being speed.

Casual reminder that Onix's attack stat is equal to that of a Pidgey, and its special attack is lower.

jnWake

Wonder how they are going to handle Tyrogue when Gen 2 releases. Will Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan candy merge or will they do Tyrogue candy?

I think there was at least one of them that wouldnt work the same, according to the datamine. Like, Pikachu candies are still gonna be Pikachu candies or something.

You're dropping the game for the 50 occasional XP you're missing? What level are you one, where 50 XP makes such a huge difference?

Not for that, but for all the stuff they've been dropping since launch. It feels like every other week there has been a element/feature thats removed and most of these aren't even balance changes. Its taking a direction I don't want to bother to keep up with.

This is my most used app. About to hit LVL 29 and have been playing pretty much everyday since launch. Whatever. its probably good I take a step back. Its served its purpose and gotten me back. This game reignited my Pokemon love and i'm getting ORAS this week. I'm gonna silently cheer when I put this game in my 'RIP' app folder.

Sometimes my GPS gone berserk and move my character all over the place. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes. People call this "drifting" and actually use it to hatch eggs while idle.

Not for that, but for all the stuff they've been dropping since launch. It feels like every other week there has been a element/feature thats removed and most of these aren't even balance changes. Its taking a direction I don't want to bother to keep up with.
Like the three steps 99% of players didn't even have the chance to test? I will give you that not being able to play when going 30+ km/h sucks for those playing on public transport, but they've added stuff to compensate ever since.

This morning Pokemon Go was working fine while in bed and eating breakfast, then I drove to work and started walking from my car and opened the app to "You must update to continue."
Not downloading a 200mb bug and "minor text fixes" update with my phone data.

So I lost out on all the Pokemon, egg walking, and most importantly, Pokestops in the city centre. Plus all the gyms I usually hit up after work.

Fuck this game.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm happy with that, encourage it, but I would have liked to see '+ double candy' as well :p That was so awesome, but I guess they're saving that for Christmas? In any case I'm holding out on transferring some fodder because I'm sure we'll get the double candy again before the year is over.

BowieZ

Banned
Good. Who needs any more Gen 1 candy anyway? We need stardust in preparation for Gen 2.

Surely this is a pretty big clue Gen 2 is around the corner.

Gen 2 on Dec 7, and Legendaries for Christmas.

Top Bottom