• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

I'm def going to become, or get much closer to lv 30 thanks to this. Time to start collecting Pidgeys!

That 7-day streak for catching Pokemon will award 5k+ stardust. That will be awesome.

Actually that is kind of funny, and at least you are not driving. Can't hate.

I've gotten a fair amount of distance from leaving the app open while I drive. I don't actually *do* anything but I pick up a few bit of distance every so often.

Also, should I keep my lucky egg and wait to use it until this Thanksgiving event? Or do you think they'll do something stupid like lucky eggs not working or something?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm def going to become, or get much closer to lv 30 thanks to this. Time to start collecting Pidgeys!

That 7-day streak for catching Pokemon will award 5k+ stardust. That will be awesome.
I'm gonna need more Pidgeys. The more diverse spawns are great, but now i have to sift through spearows and tauros all the time to try to pick out the odd pidgey. :(

AdanVC

I haven't played in two days. That's a record to me. It actually felt nice to be able to walk around without checking the damn game every 20 seconds. My daily streaks just went to hell now, hah. It's just that I'm beyond sick of catching the same Pokémon everyday. I haven't catched a rare one in months and I just get pure trash on eggs. Just recently I got two ekans and one sandshrew from eggs. and I have more than 500 candies of each of those already... It's simply annoying wich is the reason I haven't spend real money to buy incubators. I would get so mad if I hatch another freaking sandshrew knowing I just spend real money to get it. But oh well, what's the point in complaining. I spend great moments while playing this game and I met lot's of people because of it so I'm grateful for that at least.

Edit: I just read about the upcoming event... And I simply want to cry. Just a few days ago I did a massive evolving session with a lucky egg where I pulled 82k XP from it. If I had waited a little longer to this I would had gotten 164k!!! D: Just kill me now.

jariw

This morning Pokemon Go was working fine while in bed and eating breakfast, then I drove to work and started walking from my car and opened the app to "You must update to continue."
Not downloading a 200mb bug and "minor text fixes" update with my phone data.

Well, apparently Ditto is in this update as well.

zulux21

Good. Who needs any more Gen 1 candy anyway? We need stardust in preparation for Gen 2.

Surely this is a pretty big clue Gen 2 is around the corner.

Gen 2 on Dec 7, and Legendaries for Christmas.

I still don't believe gen 2 will come before april, the so called proof on reddit was a joke (as in quality not actually confirmed as a joke)

anyways

yay for snorlax, vaporeon and dragonite getting buffed :p

My Victreebel, Blastoise, and Vileplume lost so much CP.. and useless moveset Gyarados went from 2k to 2600 CP.

from what I am reading

Buffed

Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Rattata/Raticate
Diglett/Dugtrio
Arbok
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Persian?
Mankey/Primeape
Machop/Machoke/Machamp
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
Tentacool/Tentacruel
Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Magnemite (not confirmed)/Magneton
Shellder/Cloyster
Muk
Dodrio
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Onix
Krabby/Kingler
Voltorb/Electrode
Cubone/Marowak
Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Chansey
Tangela
Rhyhorn/Rhydon
Tauros
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Pinsir
Scyther
Seadra
Seaking
Starmie
Gyarados (not magikarp)
Eeveelutions (Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon)
Aerodactyl
Kabuto/Kabutops
Omanyte/Omastar
Snorlax
Nerfed

Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur (hearing some Venusaur got buffed)
Charmander/Charmeleon
Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
Caterpie/Metapod
Kakuna
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Ekans
Pikachu
Nidoking/Nidoqueen (and related nidos)
Ninetails
Parasect (not confirmed)
Clefairy/Clefable
Meowth?
Zubat/Golbat
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume
Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
Psyduck/Golduck
Growlithe/Arcanine
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath
Beelsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebell
Slowbro
Drowzee/Hypno
Seel/Dewgong
Ponyta
Exeggutor
Koffing/Weezing
Magmar (slightly?)
Lapras (slightly?)
Porygon
Eevee
Magikarp (not gyarados)
Dratini/Dragonair
I'm hearing both nerf and buff for dragonite. Lots of different accounts here. Apparently whatever it is for dragonite, it's minor.

the dragonite thing seems like dragonite himself got a very minor buff, while dratini got a very small nerf.

either way I have a 2k golem now :p

Finally my Gengar that I've pointlessly pumped stardust into is useful and got a 500CP boost. Rhydon and Gyarados as well got big bumps.

JavyOO7

Whew, look at that:

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/cp_update/

Trainers,

We have made adjustments to the CP (Combat Power) of various Pokémon. Some Pokémon, such as Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar will have their CP increased. Others will have their CP lowered. These changes will allow a more balanced and competitive battling and training experience in Gyms. We will continue to adjust the CP going forward to improve the game balance when necessary.

The Pokémon GO team

I can't tell you how much my Rhydon jumped exactly, but he went from 1100-1200 CP to about 1800-1900. Shiiiat. We have to see the formula to see if they tinkered with it or what.

And Vaporeon, it seems, got a buff too. KEK

Joni

The CP change is really unexpected but now I have a couple of 2k Pokemon. Less happy with the nerfed Vileplume and Victreebel.

GulAtiCa

I was so confused for a second on why I had a 1800 CP Jolteon. :lol

My new top 12 after the recent CP change:
Dragonite actually now broke the 3k wall! My 95% Gyrados with DB / HP looking pretty nice.

Cxz_WBLW8AE5L13.jpg:large

Replicant

Dragonite, Snorlax, and Vaporeon got buffed while Victrebell, Vileplum, and Wigglytuff got nerfed. WTF?! As if gyms aren't already filled up with Dragonites and Snorlax.

Dragonite, Snorlax, and Vaporeon got buffed while Victrebell, Vileplum, and Wigglytuff got nerfed. WTF?! As if gyms aren't already filled up with Dragonites and Snorlax.

At least we got more competitive Ice types since Jynx got beefed.

But yeah, I will not forgive Niantic for nerfing my Wigglies

Glad I put all my Stardust into leveling my army or Arcanine. -_- Ah well, at least gyms will be more interesting.

Why the fuck did Vaporeon get a boost though?!

JavyOO7

I guess the gyms that Niantic wants to take over in Cali have too many Arcanines, so they wanted to beat it even faster by buffing Vaporeon even more.

I think water gun for Vaporeon went up by +1? Its at 6.

GulAtiCa

It also depends on how the CP was changed. Was it just the formula that was changed, or did the base stats for Pokemon change. If it's the later, then things will certainly be more interesting.

At least with Arcanine it didn't go down too much. My lv 29 Arcanine only went down by like 150, from 2500 to about 2350.

I think water gun for Vaporeon went up by +1? Its at 6.
Nope, it stayed the same.

It also depends on how the CP was changed. Was it just the formula that was changed, or did the base stats for Pokemon change. If it's the later, then things will certainly be more interesting.

At least with Arcanine it didn't go down too much. My lv 29 Arcanine only went down by like 150, from 2500 to about 2350.
The formula to calculate base stats from the original stats has probably changed to better reflect pokemon with bigger stat differences.

border

Nerfed : Nidoking, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebell, Arcanine, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Pidgeot, Golduck, Dewgong, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Weezing, Slowbro, Golbat, Porygon, Lickitung, Nidoqueen, Persian, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Vulpix, Ninetales, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venasaur, Paras, Parasect, Exeggcutor, Farfetch'd, Clefable, Hypno, Pikachu, Raichu, Eevee, Magikarp, Venonat, Ekans, Weedle, Pidgey, Caterpie, Clefairy, Grimer, Charmander, Charmeleon, Dratini, Dragonair, Nidoran (m), Nidoran (f), Ponyta, Mankey

Buffed : Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Vaporeon, Gyrados, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Jolteon, Electabuzz, Flareon, Tangela, Butterfree, Snorlax, Muk, Omastar, Krabby, Kingler, Geodude, Golem, Machamp, Jynx, Magneton, Pinsir, Mr. Mime, Shellder, Cloyster, Starmie, Hitmonlee, Seadra, Scyther, Raticate, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Chansey, Aerodactyl, Beedrill, Cloyster, Tauros, Charizard, Arbok, Sandslash, Hitmonchan, Magmar, Dodrio, Primeape, Voltorb, Electrode, Omastar, Kabutops, Rapidash, Doduo, Dodrio, Dugtrio, Dragonite (small buff!), Muk, Fearow, Onix, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Marowak, Rapidash, Sandshrew, Venomoth, Kangaskhan

GeoGonzo

Yikes, they nerfed almost every single pokemon I have with good moves or good IV. Screw you too, Niantic. I don't see how this will help the local gym scene but well, we shall see.

GulAtiCa

I got most buffs as well. My top 12 will likely start to diversify once I know which Pokemon to actually level up now.

Also, weirdly I had 7 gyms held this morning, and now only 6. No new Pokemon needed to be revived or recovered after the CP. So I really can't tell which Pokemon/gym got destroyed. lol.

My best guess is a gym I had a Pokemon in just got removed from the system (happened before) and literally just returned it

border

It looks to me like you won't really see the buffs or nerfs unless you powered up a Pokemon with Candy/Dust. Which is to say that they have not at all adjusted a Pokemon's intrinsic CP, but raised the ceiling on possible upgrades.

Doesn't this mean that we'll have to spend even more dust on future upgrades?

Yikes, they nerfed almost every single pokemon I have with good moves or good IV. Screw you too, Niantic. I don't see how this will help the local gym scene but well, we shall see.

Yeah, anything not shat out by evolving an eevee in my list has been nerfed. I was barely any good to begin with!

Firemind

It looks to me like you won't really see the buffs or nerfs unless you powered up a Pokemon with Candy/Dust. Which is to say that they have not at all adjusted a Pokemon's intrinsic CP, but raised the ceiling on possible upgrades.

Doesn't this mean that we'll have to spend even more dust on future upgrades?
No they will update automatically. And my guess is they changed the CP formula, not the base stats. So everything is still as effective against, say, Vaporeon as before.

Dishwalla

Banned
Another earthquake in the Fukushima zone in Japan, where that Lapras event is ongoing. Trainer Tips Nick is supposed to be out there, at least I think he's still out there, hope he's okay. Along with the people of Japan.

CassSept

My Rhydon went from like 1250 to over 1950. What.

I mean, I welcome a rebalance, but this Rhydon buff is what surprises me the most I think.

Top Bottom