• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Radec

I was surprised when I saw a 2.7k Rhydon at a gym lol.

I'm quite happy with the buffs as I have nost of them with great stats/moveset.

Wiggly got hit hard though :(

My ~1500CP Gyarados got buffed to over 2K now, but why did all the MKarps get nerfed?

Holy fuck, all of my Blastoise got nerfed too.

I'm having so much mixed feelings about this update :V

Yeah I was ecstatic at first, but then eventually tempered myself back to the reality of the situation.

Steps in the right direction. They're attempting to balance CP, yay.

Still not exactly an "amazing" change though. It's exciting to see, but I bet things will still be really unbalanced. We'll see how it plays out in the upcoming weeks...

border

What is the most desirable moveset for Gengar? I have one with 2 Dark attacks that I am hoping may be a good Exeggutor counter, but since Gengar is weak to Psychic I don't know if that is worth pursuing.

Replicant

Well I guess Alakazams are worth catching now. And my Gengars can now rule the world haha

If you can catch them. They are like endangered species here along with Koffings and Machoke.

What is the most desirable moveset for Gengar? I have one with 2 Dark attacks that I am hoping may be a good Exeggutor counter, but since Gengar is weak to Psychic I don't know if that is worth pursuing.

Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb for Attacking Gym.
Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball for Gym defense.

Abra spawns fairly commonly in Riverside and the surrounding areas. I always caught them in hopes that things would be more balanced someday :D

border

Now that there's almost no point in trying to defend or build gyms, how much is Gym Defense really a consideration when trying to decide which Pokemon to use your dust on? If gyms are always going to be vulnerable and in flux, I don't see the point in fielding a good group of defenders.

I do hope that the CP changes mean that concerted players can build and organize some powerful gyms by putting in an assortment of more diverse and varied Pokemon. But I imagine that requires more organization and effort than the average player wants to put in. Most people will just drop in whatever high-CP Pokemon they have and not really consider much more. I think many players just use gyms as a dumping ground for high CP Pokemon that got a shitty moveset, and that won't really change.

my top 12 don't look too much different in the order but the cp got me shook

Screenshot_20161122_000955.png

rhyhorn are so common around here I will probably end up getting an army soon.

Yeah with more thoughts, Gengars are still pretty useless because of the Ghost/Poison typing. They were great in the original games because they are immune to normal and fighting type moves like Hyper Beam so they were great Snorlax killers. But there is no immunities in Pokemon Go, and the poison typing nullifies the psychic killer aspect of ghost types.

Firemind

Yeah with more thoughts, Gengars are still pretty useless because of the Ghost/Poison typing. They were great in the original games because they are immune to normal and fighting type moves like Hyper Beam so they were great Snorlax killers. But there is no immunities in Pokemon Go, and the poison typing nullifies the psychic killer aspect of ghost types.
Yeah gengar needs the immunuties. It makes no sense immunities give 0.8 resistance and double resistances give 0.64.

I'm still not sure if it's worth throwing stardust/candy at my Alakazam.

86.7%
Confusion/Psychic
It makes for a great glass cannon defender! Highest attack in the game!

Oxx

I've apparently caught 15 Ryhorn according to my pokedex, but clearly none of them were any good because I appear to have transferred them all.

Replicant

I didn't know Pokedex tells you how many you've caught.

Yikes, my stat makes me look like an addict. Many of them in the 100 with Poliwag crossing 300 upwards. Magikarp is 420 ish.

Oxx

I'm not sure if the stat changes will force the IV checkers to adjust.

A 'simply amazing' pokémon I caught today came out as 64% on poké assistant.

Edit: Or the in-game appraisal is now inaccurate?

GulAtiCa

Hahaha. I found a level 10 gym filled with 10 identical 25cp Horsea. In case you are wondering how long it takes to take that down with a 2000 cp Vileplume. It takes 6 minutes. Gain a nice easy 5k in exp. Lol

JavyOO7

I'm happy I can find Eevee's with regularity that has an IV > 82.2... but then the RNG gods give me a good Vaporeon... and while that's great, I'd really like a good jolteon since I don't have a decent counter to Vaporeon yet besides Venosaur. I'd like more decent counters so I can feel safe. =p

Maybe start going after that Magneton nest near my workplace while hoping I can get a good Eevee at home that will transform to Jolteon... =p

This whole time I couldn't figure out how so many people had dragonites. Were they cheating? How could they find so many dratini?

Imagine my surprise when a dratini hatched out of an egg for me, which I didn't know was possible. Derp. That explains it!

P.S. Is sucker punch terrible for a gengar?

Firemind

I'm happy I can find Eevee's with regularity that has an IV > 82.2... but then the RNG gods give me a good Vaporeon... and while that's great, I'd really like a good jolteon since I don't have a decent counter to Vaporeon yet besides Venosaur. I'd like more decent counters so I can feel safe. =p

Maybe start going after that Magneton nest near my workplace while hoping I can get a good Eevee at home that will transform to Jolteon... =p
Vape is a good Vape counter believe it or not.

Gyarados is also not too bad.

jotun?

This whole time I couldn't figure out how so many people had dragonites. Were they cheating? How could they find so many dratini?

Imagine my surprise when a dratini hatched out of an egg for me, which I didn't know was possible. Derp. That explains it!

Early on there were actual Dratini nests, which were apparently not intended to exist. Some people are also lucky enough to live or work on top of spawn points.

Yeah but since yesterday there seemed to be a lot more Dratinins. My friends caught two on the way and when we walked around together we found two more.
Also I never hatched one. Got a 10km egg in right now, perfect time for Dratini to finally get enough candy.

My Rhydon got Rock Smash and Megahorn T_T

I really want to hug the person who keeps putting lures on the two pokestops that are essentially on top of my desk at work. Not that I have much more space for pokemon.

Also...does it feel to anyone else like they turned up the trollish behavior while trying to catch stuff? They seem to be jumping a hell of a lot more.

Dratini rarely spawn for me anymore despite the diversity :/

First thing I ever caught and then never saw another until the egg hatched and it popped out.

GulAtiCa

Dratini are somewhat just shy of common for me. I've caught 83 so far since launch. Hell, I've caught like 25 since the start of the Halloween event. I get them often enough at work. I once caught 5 in a single day all at work.

They spawn as the uncommon pokemon around water spawns. Any place you see frequent magikarp / psyduck / slowpoke, etc, you will see them. Universal Studios in Florida greatly benefits from it, as mostly all water spawns. So frequent Dratinis.

A Pokestop on a water spawn point will also likely trigger one too, just like any of water pokemon spawning. I've caught several from Pokestops. Though, that was around Universal & 1 place near work too.

It's why I have over 200 Dratini candies on me (+ I walk my Dratini for my buddy & I have 20 that are still on hand waiting for the next double candy event to transfer them for a nice +40)

So double XP for thanksgiving event is what I heard, is that true? Because I am sitting on top of a stockpile of egg fodder, and if it doubles that I will wait to use it.

I still have this feeling that they'll somehow make it so lucky eggs aren't quite as potent during the event, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

So double XP for thanksgiving event is what I heard, is that true? Because I am sitting on top of a stockpile of egg fodder, and if it doubles that I will wait to use it.

Yep just wait some hours. Should go online soon.
I don't care about double XP. I'm already lvl 30 and I don't intend to further level up my Pokemon.
That stardust though. So much to lvl now.

Yooooo My Krabby's, this update got them looking swole

They were all beneath 450CP, now the lowest is 650CP+

I'm shook

Anyone know a good IV calculator I can use?

GulAtiCa

With my Chansey being 821 cp with 305hp, would be curious to see how it does in a gym. Like, could I place it in a lv 10 gym and have opponents actually time out (99 seconds max time you get)

With my Chansey being 821 cp with 305hp, would be curious to see how it does in a gym. Like, could I place it in a lv 10 gym and have opponents actually time out (99 seconds max time you get)

Nah, my chancey got rofflestomped hard last night by someone. It will fend off weaker players, but high level ones will still chew it up.

Top Bottom