• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Hell yeah! I have nearly 40 Pokemon currently I can evolve. I'll evolve as much as I can on Thursday for hopefully around 100k exp. Be closer to 50+ by then. And then try to do another short round on perhaps Sunday to 4x the daily bonuses.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm sad that they nerfed Dewgong. I like how they look and was going to boost one.

On the other hand, it rains Shellders here so their buff works out in my favor.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Now we know why we get that double stardust week.

EDIT: Its to boost those pokemon that are suddenly better.
How much stardust is needed to boost anything decently high? I still haven't boosted anything since starting the game because I'm worried I'll blow all the stardust I've collected in the entire game on the wrong pokemon.

How much stardust is needed to boost anything decently high? I still haven't boosted anything since starting the game because I'm worried I'll blow all the stardust I've collected in the entire game on the wrong pokemon.

The "price" gets higher and higher. I've seen it go as high as 5000 per "power up"

Just checked, I have enough for an egg right at midnight tonight. Then it's gonna be a day of work, then a r day weekend of ground and pound to build my stockpile back up. Gonna aim for an egg every other day.

I may hit up the Mall of America one day, just to see what happens. 26 pokestops in one mall with all the unhealthy food I need to keep me going? Yes please!

It took me about 100k to boost my Alakazam from 20 to 32.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Today was the best day in weeks for my Pokédex. Stuff finally happened. Out walking I finally saw a Kabuto silhouette. Opened up my city scanner, tracked it down, caught it. I was already glad I got my first Kabuto, but at the same time a 10k egg hatched as well. It was... a Kabuto! So now I'm at 35 candies suddenly. Awesome.

Then this evening another 10 k hatched and it was Hitmonlee, finally!

This puts me at 140. I'm going to make it folks. Only Kabutops and Pinsir left.

Updated 10 k tally

GWGQ02U.png

Hitmonchan wins with 4, no Pinsir or Dratini yet.

It was ages since I actually tracked a new Pokémon down, felt like summer again.

Today was the best day in weeks for my Pokédex. Stuff finally happened. Out walking I finally saw a Kabuto silhouette. Opened up my city scanner, tracked it down, caught it. I was already glad I got my first Kabuto, but at the same time a 10k egg hatched as well. It was... a Kabuto! So now I'm at 35 candies suddenly. Awesome.

Then this evening another 10 k hatched and it was Hitmonlee, finally!

This puts me at 140. I'm going to make it folks. Only Kabutops and Pinsir left.

Updated 10 k tally

GWGQ02U.png

Hitmonchan wins with 4, no Pinsir or Dratini yet.

It was ages since I actually tracked a new Pokémon down, felt like summer again.

Can I just say thank you for typing out the word "Pokedex"

AdanVC

Want to get Pokémon Sun/Moon but I fear I might stop playing this and I still want to keep going with the upcoming 2x XP event. Also I don't want to get too obsessed with Pokémon while playing this and Sun/Moon at the same time, lmao.

Is anyone else having trouble with the GO Plus catching Pokemon? I've had an absurd number of runaways the last few days, and especially with even common garbagemons. I've actually had to open the game to catch one for the streak too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Because I'm really weird and I cringe when people use "dex" or the even more cringy "'dex" with an apostrophe.

See also: "mon" and "'mon"

I have used both and will try to avoid it in the future for you :p

Is anyone else having trouble with the GO Plus catching Pokemon? I've had an absurd number of runaways the last few days, and especially with even common garbagemons. I've actually had to open the game to catch one for the streak too.

It's been the reverse for me, I seem to catch more than before. But then when I go to recent catches they're all low cp anyway so it figures.

On the Go Plus: I'm still rocking the original battery with this thing. Seeing how Nintendo sent me one at launch day, the battery life's pretty impressive.

a "mon" is a shortened way of saying what they are. "pokemon" is short for "Pocket monster" as it is, and mon is short for monster.

I...I know.

Anyways, someone is going around and taking all the gyms on campus that I JUST spent my lunch hour taking! That's so rude. All I wanted was to hold all six of them over the entire Thanksgiving break. Is that too much to ask?

cHinzo

I'm sad that they nerfed Dewgong. I like how they look and was going to boost one.

On the other hand, it rains Shellders here so their buff works out in my favor.
Still managed to beat two 2K CP Dragonites with an 1K CP Dewgong with a crappy charge skill. He's still doing fine.

Keep in mind Go Plus uses normal pokeballs with no bonuses whatsoever (including medals) so it'll probably have a hard time catching anything with decent CP.

Joni

Already have 54 Pokemon lined up to evolve. I hope lucky egg works with the event, as that means 100k in experience. I will do this toward the end of the month so reddit can test it.

Dynasty

Already have 54 Pokemon lined up to evolve. I hope lucky egg works with the event, as that means 100k in experience. I will do this toward the end of the month so reddit can test it.
It has been confrimed lucky egg gives x4 during the event.

Replicant

Yo what's the website to check for your whole pokemon IVs?

The one you need to login your account.

pgnexus, pogobag

I think I found an Omanyte nest last night. They are so hard to come by.
On the other hand, Dratini is not that rare here. The hard part is finding one with good IV. Ditto with Dragonite. Back when the game was still popular you can find a good IV one with perfect movesets in the wild.

Replicant

Oooh, Pokestop tracker (complete with direction) is now in Sydney. Is it available worldwide now? Now if only Lapras will spawn in any of those stops.

I have only seen one wild Dragonite in four months. Zero Snorlax or Lapras sighting.

In my city, Dragonite's appearance is random (Once I found one near a bus stop and no one else seemed to notice since it was busy pre-work time - 8.50am) but you can find Dratini and Dragonair if you just walk along the pier in the harbor. It usually pops up once every 15 or so minutes.

Lapras is really rare but usually found around the harbor too. Snorlax is more frequent but the IV is usually shit so I usually don't bother looking for him unless he's really really close. I got 7 and all 7 have shit to mediocre IVs.

Hycran

Banned
Oooh, Pokestop tracker (complete with direction) is now in Sydney. Is it available worldwide now? Now if only Lapras will spawn in any of those stops.

I just got it in British Columbia, my wife is pumped. You can click the icon and it shows the feet distance again. Click again and it guides you to where you need to go

GulAtiCa

Finally caught a 82%+ Dratini! It has 15 HP and 15 Atk. No idea of the defense. Are any of the IV checkers (the manual ones, not the auto ones that ask for your account info) updated yet?

Since I know it's 82%+, I'll go ahead and evolve it, which adds 2 more Pokemon to my evolve list.

GulAtiCa

So, some are reporting that they have caught Ditto: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5ee0r4/found_ditto/

How it happened (spoiler in case people want to leave it a surprise):
The Pokemon they thought they were catching transformed in a cutscene into ditto. Some examples are Pidgey and Ratata so far

--------------

As far as I know, the Nearby tracker isn't live for Roswell GA yet, but I'm not really near any Pokestops at home. I'll see tomorrow if if activates while near work.

Ashodin

So, some are reporting that they have caught Ditto: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5ee0r4/found_ditto/

How it happened (spoiler in case people want to leave it a surprise):
The Pokemon they thought they were catching transformed in a cutscene into ditto. Some examples are Pidgey and Ratata so far

--------------

As far as I know, the Nearby tracker isn't live for Roswell GA yet, but I'm not really near any Pokestops at home. I'll see tomorrow if if activates while near work.

hahahaha YES I KNEW IT

Swamped

Banned
I had no idea they were even in the game!! We caught what we thought was a rattata, that ended up transforming. Totally made my day, especially because the double XP event had already started when we caught it.

Edit: oh looks like dittos are a recent thing

https://imgur.com/tJZ2EML

At least it made up for a 10K that hatched into a jynx

Replicant

Yeah, Event is LIVE here. Just got 320XP just for spinning a Pokestop. Niiiice.

Does that mean I have to go back catching Pidgeys and Rattata again? Just to get Ditto? :/

Does that mean I have to go back catching Pidgeys and Rattata again? Just to get Ditto? :/

Yes. With the amount of reports flooding Reddit it seems like it'll be fairly quick to find though.

That's weird, the tracking system seems to have gone live here in Sydney AUS.

Yeah it's live all over Australia from the looks of things.

Back to having 5/9 spots taken by Rattata, it's like launch all over again :')

chunk3rvd

Just got a ditto myself. 208 pidgey that transformed into one. Wonder if it has some power we don't know yet or it's just as useless as it looks?

Top Bottom