• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

The new "nearby" kinda sucks for me. There's exactly one Pokestop near my house and it's not really within walking distance...

...and it's a police station :-/

zulux21

The new "nearby" kinda sucks for me. There's exactly one Pokestop near my house and it's not really within walking distance...

...and it's a police station :-/

it's better than I expected for me. there are a few stops with in like 10 minute walks from me... so if I see something there is at least a tiny chance I could get something... maybe.

GulAtiCa

I'm assuming it's active in Roswell GA too, as my Sightings is now empty. Only time it has anything is for when a Pokemon is actually visible, then it shows up.... That's just dumb.

Guess I'll see it live tomorrow at work, since I'm closer to a few Pokestops there.

Goodbye knowing if there are any Dratinis by me at work... :(

So I got the Nearby feature, but lost the Sightings. So now only one Pokémon pops up from the stop a mile away from my house, but I can't see any of the other ones in my backyard. Fix this shit, Niantic!

Why the F**********************K haven't they implemented checklist sending to the professor yet?

Like holy crap it's maddening that I have to send 91 Pidgeys back individually.

Replicant

I think there's a Koffing nest near my office? I hope so, I love Koffings. Their dopey grin are adorable. Unforch, they are hard to find in my city.

JavyOO7

According to SilphRoad subreddit, the scanning for Pokémon on sightings is now 50m instead of 200m. Shiiiiiat if true.

jariw

So I got the Nearby feature, but lost the Sightings. So now only one Pokémon pops up from the stop a mile away from my house, but I can't see any of the other ones in my backyard. Fix this shit, Niantic!

Just about the same here. I only see 2 pokestops on the list, and these are 600-800 meters away, but I don't see anything in the pokestop-free 200 meters radius area around me.

Chuckie

That new Pokemon Nearby system doesn't really work in my office. It only shows Pokemon near stops that are faaaaaaar away from here. It doesn't show anything here.

Thank God I found that Omastar here yesterday, with this new system it would have never shown up on the sightings list.

Anton668

just gonna join the chorus of ppl not happy about the new tracker.

was spoiled by the orig tracker :(

where do we send our hate mail to?

Mandelbo

The new tracker isn't doing so well from my house - it's currently showing me pokemon that are at an all-girls school about half an hour away from me, which is hardly useful. I imagine it'll be better once I'm on campus since there are faaaaar more pokestops there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The tracker is doing what it's supposed to at work, now to see tonight if I get something (anything) at home. I usually get nothing on nearby, but I wonder if it will detect the two nearest stops (they're not that far) and give me the Pokémon for those.

Has anyone noticed changed spawns?

I've been playing since launch and have never seen a Jynx in my city until today, where I saw three of them.
Don't really care about them because I caught 22 when I was overseas in London but yeah.

Hopefully this means a Snorlax, Chansey or Aerodactyl might spawn and I can finish my dex :p

fisheyes

That Scyther nest near my house? I managed 74 candies and two pretty decent ones, and now its a....

Caterpie nest.

I actually don't have a Butterfree though, so... I'mkindofokaywiththis.jpg?

I don't seem to have nests in my city.

There was a Tangela one at a park at launch, then it changed to Rhyhorn, then it just... stopped being a nest.

Other than that I have mad clusters of Magnemites and Voltorbs, but they've been like that since launch so apparently they don't count as nests.

But as said above I've seen three Jynx today (all in different locations though) so something changed.

Replicant

Omanyte nest to Growlithe.

I'm okay with this? I mean Growlithe is as hard to find as Omanyte here. Omanyte is harder but Growlithe isn't exactly easy to find either.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I managed to hold 3 gyms and collect 30 coins at once for the first time today. Feels good. Could have gone for 4, but I didn't want to risk it since the rotation is crazy here and I'm on foot.

New tracker seems to work well (but I am in the middle of a city...). Shame I only care about Aerodactyl and Hitmonchan and won't step foot outside for anything else. I wish this game would give a unique alert if you have it in battery saver and a Pokemon you don't have pops up, that's the feature I want most.

Oxx

Yeah, filtering or alerts would be nice.

I don't really need to know the locations of 5 different Paras' at a single time.

Firemind

Hatched 3 10k eggs. Got a dratini and ..... 2 onixs. :/
Hey that's still better than my last three 10k eggs. All three were Jynx.

I'm now sitting on

262 Scyther candy
203 Onix
170 Electabuzz
162 Jynx
133 Aerodactyl
??? Pinsir and Magmar because I trashed all of them

Oxx

There may be a Magmar nest around here.

Hey, if I catch 96 more of them I'll get the gold medal for fire type pokemon.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone from the US here able to contact Verizon and see if they're offering the Starbucks gift card for plan activation? (Starting tomorrow?)

(As per the dubious email)

lFTKOqy.png

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
There are new nests? I hope that stops the Tauros infestation at my office.

Gyarados is one of those Pokemon that is cool-looking then you use him as attacker and you go "Fuck me sideways, how is it little rabbits and fox creatures do a better job than you are at obliterating this Snorlax?"
Gyarados is one of those pokemon that I always tried hard to like but never did. It's like, the whole Magikarp > Gyarados thing is meant to be a perfect example of how something super weak can become strong if you give it a chance.

Then you give it a chance and it turns out to be nowhere near as cool as you were hoping it would be. :(

Gyarados is one of those Pokemon that is cool-looking then you use him as attacker and you go "Fuck me sideways, how is it little rabbits and fox creatures do a better job than you are at obliterating this Snorlax?"

Gyarados is one of those pokemon you keep to drop in a gym in the top positions due to how amazingly high its CPs are. I've one with Bite + Hydropump and also use it to take down Vaps or Snorlax. I've a Twister one, and he's pretty much gym fodder.

What is the downside to making a tracker that functions like the Nearby list but also contains Pokemon that are not near Pokestops? For players who are not near Pokestops.

Awayze

Neo Member
New tracker kinda sucks, its only showing rubbish Pokemon at pokestops and if something good is near me, I will miss it. Should be able to switch between the 2.

Top Bottom