• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

I saw more people than usual out playing this afternoon.

I'm pretty much just walking around to hatch eggs and get buddy candy at the moment. I'm not going to pay for any extra incubators or lucky eggs, so I'm just going through the motions.

Dishwalla

Banned
Getting captcha'd a lot the last few days, sometimes it pops up and I clear it but it pops up a few minutes later. Really fucking annoying.

The only thing I can think of as to why is that I leave the game running while at home sometimes and I take advantage of the GPS drift, I can sometimes get two or three candies a day without even going anywhere. I don't even fight gyms at all so I don't really know what they are looking for.

Saw a Snorlax on my nearby today for the first time ever and got extremely excited then tapped on him and it showed that he was in the middle of a closed cemetery. Fucking great.

Replicant

Saw a Snorlax on my nearby today for the first time ever and got extremely excited then tapped on him and it showed that he was in the middle of a closed cemetery. Fucking great.

So? Go for it! Given his location, probably has high IV. I find that if the Pokemon is located in far-off location usually they have better IV or CP than the ones you find in crowded street.

So? Go for it! Given his location, probably has high IV. I find that if the Pokemon is located in far-off location usually they have better IV or CP than the ones you find in crowded street.
I found a 96% 1900CP Snorlax at the train station, one of the most Pokemon crowded spots in the city :p

Replicant

I found a 96% 1900CP Snorlax at the train station, one of the most Pokemon crowded spots in the city :p

Damn it, why can't that happen here? All of my Snorlaxes are 60% or below. I feel like IV on wild pokemon have been lowered severely as of late. I miss the time when all of the Dratinis have IV of 82% and above. Although I did find 91% Slowbro with its strongest defensive move on a heavily packed pier.

GulAtiCa

My 230cp gyarados has bite and pump, should I spend a ton of dust and candy to level it up lol

ehh. What's it's IV %? How easily can you just evolve a high IV Magikarp later on?

Gyrados is great for high CP Pokemon, even more so if you lack a Dragonite or other high CP Pokemon. But keep in mind that Gyrados, is among the worst Pokemon for defense. Joletons (esp after their recent great boost) go through them like a knife throgh butter that's been dipped in lava.

I have a lv 30 95% Gyarados with Dragon Breath / Hydro Pump and I do use him for putting in gyms, but I know usually comes back soon since doesn't help the gym much (though, helps others train it)

I actually have a 100% Gyrados with Bite / Hydro Pump that is in the 200s cp, I might 1 day level that up to lv 30. Though, only likely after I run out of things to level it.

Awayze

Neo Member
Im not far off 400 candies but I know it'll get the worst move set possible, wasting my only high IV Karp.
Magikarps aren't even common.

Firemind

Im not far off 400 candies but I know it'll get the worst move set possible, wasting my only high IV Karp.
Magikarps aren't even common.
Actually Gyarados doesn't really have a bad move set. I've mocked Twister in the past before, but after the cp update, Jolteon is the Pokemon Gyarados will see most and Twister really is a pain to dodge because of its fast wind up animation. Hydro Pump will do more damage if you don't dodge, but sometimes it doesn't even come to that.

Gen 2. Can't wait to get my Totodile.

giphy.gif
tumblr_ldy711KhLD1qdleey.gif
7516ce3d6815f95b5b566f4a17d6e0adb1f93122_hq.gif

zulux21

Before gen. 2, they should at least make the rest of gen 1 available. Still no legendary birds or mewtwo legally released

I imagine they will.

I highly doubt any gen 2 stuff will be happening this year, only evidence we have so far is an easily faked letter. I mean the data being in the game doesn't mean much since we have had the data for the legendaries since the start.

they have made a lot of stupid choices, but releasing gen 2 before having any legendary events would be by far the stupidest.

Damn it, why can't that happen here? All of my Snorlaxes are 60% or below. I feel like IV on wild pokemon have been lowered severely as of late. I miss the time when all of the Dratinis have IV of 82% and above. Although I did find 91% Slowbro with its strongest defensive move on a heavily packed pier.

My Snorlaxes are
15/13/15 2885CP
13/15/15 2628CP
15/12/15 2078CP
13/13/13 1883CP
11/13/11 1868CP
15/11/12 1866CP

Guess the game was generous with me regarding Snorlax.

Chuckie

Before gen 2 they need to do an event for increased spawns of rare pokemon.

Still never seen a Snorlax, Chansey or Aerodactyl.

Preach it brotha!

While I do have two Chansey (one from an egg) I have never seen Snorlax or Aerodactyl. I really need those two.

Oxx

ehh. What's it's IV %? How easily can you just evolve a high IV Magikarp later on?

Gyrados is great for high CP Pokemon, even more so if you lack a Dragonite or other high CP Pokemon. But keep in mind that Gyrados, is among the worst Pokemon for defense. Joletons (esp after their recent great boost) go through them like a knife throgh butter that's been dipped in lava.

I have a lv 30 95% Gyarados with Dragon Breath / Hydro Pump and I do use him for putting in gyms, but I know usually comes back soon since doesn't help the gym much (though, helps others train it)

I actually have a 100% Gyrados with Bite / Hydro Pump that is in the 200s cp, I might 1 day level that up to lv 30. Though, only likely after I run out of things to level it.

My level 32.5 2922CP Gyarados gets kicked out of gyms all the time. I just want to level a mon to over 3000cp.

because it is really stupid to release a new gen before allowing people to collect all 150 pokemon of the original gen?
Not even the first time it would've happened. Unless you live in Japan, not every Pokemon has been available every gen, and if they are, it's only for a limited time only.

BowieZ

Banned
because it is really stupid to release a new gen before allowing people to collect all 150 pokemon of the original gen?
I don't really think it's smart to try and keep the game alive by releasing just 4 extremely powerful and rare Pokemon over the coming winter months...

From a personal perfectionist perspective, sure, it may be frustrating if you really want to complete one Dex before starting the next, but I definitely don't think it's stupid for Niantic to satiate millions of players who are tiring of catching the same old Pokemon for nearly 5 months now.

I put some time into gyms yesterday for the first time in a while. Built 5 of them up and only lost 1 over night. People in my area are definitely shifting back towards gym building instead of bum rushing. Not even mad that I lost a gym, because it didn't take for fucking ever to build up. The game is fun again!

I also experimented with "Dittostrating". I have a level 28 Ditto and used my level 12 Chansey against it. The Chansey has pound and dazzling gleam so it can dish out quick damage and the defending Ditto doesn't hurt very much. I can defeat the Ditto 4 times with a fully healed Chansey just mashing pound and only dodging the charge move. Not as good as the bubblestrat, but a much lower barrier to entry.

Found a wild Lickitung and Magneton and hatched a Pinsir yesterday. That's three down for the Pokedex. I also hatched a Growlithe, so now I finally have enough candy for an Arcaninine, since Growlithe are so rare around here. But I'm waiting until I have enough trash to evolve before I use a lucky egg, and that's still a ways off. :(

Dynasty

Caught a dragonite at Uni because of the new tracker. It made me a few minutes late to my lecture but I dont mind. It does have a low CP and bad IVs so not going to power it up but dont really care since that is more dratini candy and now at 123 caught.

GulAtiCa

I figured out that all 4 of the water spawns are active at the same time at the 25th minute past each hour. So I'm attempting to check around then for Dratinis.

I actually did find one yesterday at the grocery store.

Edit: My strategy worked. Caught one just now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My local tracker also offers timestamps and one thing I've noticed is that Pokémon stick around longer (if that timing's accurate). For instance this Lapras is around for 30+ minutes, and I've seen some that have 45+ minutes on the clock.

zulux21

I don't really think it's smart to try and keep the game alive by releasing just 4 extremely powerful and rare Pokemon over the coming winter months...

From a personal perfectionist perspective, sure, it may be frustrating if you really want to complete one Dex before starting the next, but I definitely don't think it's stupid for Niantic to satiate millions of players who are tiring of catching the same old Pokemon for nearly 5 months now.

uh it's way smarter to do that then release gen 2 in the middle of winter for the majority of the player base.

gen 2 should be released late march or sometime in april when there is nice weather around most of the world so people can go out and be excited.

I'd be willing to go to a limited event for a legendary with a foot of snow on the ground, but I am sure as hell not going out and about for gen 2 in snow.

gen 2 is a revival card they can only play once.... it's moronic to do it when a large portion of the player base wouldn't want to do it anyways. let the game rot for a few months while focusing on improving the game, and then play that revive card when everyone can get out and play again. (yes gen 3 and on will be partial revivals, but they won't be nearly as effective because it gets less exciting with each new gen in general given the smaller percent of new pokemon when it happens)

they have been dumb, but I just can't see them being so dumb as to release gen 2 this month.

beyond all of that they only recently started doing events, the can stall the game for a while with solid events like the halloween one was.

deanote666

My local tracker also offers timestamps and one thing I've noticed is that Pokémon stick around longer (if that timing's accurate). For instance this Lapras is around for 30+ minutes, and I've seen some that have 45+ minutes on the clock.

How does that scanner work?

GulAtiCa

How good is Hydro Pump on a Vaporeon?

Is it too slow or easily dodgeable, or is aqua tail preferred?

It's great for Attacking a gym. Worst moveset for defending. For Vape, the more slots for the Special the better for Defense. Aqua Tail is ok/better. Water Pulse is the ideal moveset for Defense due to it being spammed by the AI.

Joni

They could just make the rare Pokemon more common and achieve the same effect. Release the 20 rarest of them in greater numbers.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
How does that scanner work?

Have no idea about the technical side of things, just a site that offers tracking for the bigger and even smaller cities in the country. Think it's all done by one or a few guys. It has cool features though: you can let it show pokestops/gym colors and even see which stops are lured. You can also get a notification in your browser if a selected pokémon appears somewhere.

uh it's way smarter to do that then release gen 2 in the middle of winter for the majority of the player base.

gen 2 should be released late march or sometime in april when there is nice weather around most of the world so people can go out and be excited.

I'd be willing to go to a limited event for a legendary with a foot of snow on the ground, but I am sure as hell not going out and about for gen 2 in snow.

gen 2 is a revival card they can only play once.... it's moronic to do it when a large portion of the player base wouldn't want to do it anyways. let the game rot for a few months while focusing on improving the game, and then play that revive card when everyone can get out and play again. (yes gen 3 and on will be partial revivals, but they won't be nearly as effective because it gets less exciting with each new gen in general given the smaller percent of new pokemon when it happens)

they have been dumb, but I just can't see them being so dumb as to release gen 2 this month.

beyond all of that they only recently started doing events, the can stall the game for a while with solid events like the halloween one was.

I'd be fine if we get a winter event with Ice Pokemon only. I

GulAtiCa

Have no idea about the technical side of things, just a site that offers tracking for the bigger and even smaller cities in the country. Think it's all done by one or a few guys. It has cool features though: you can let it show pokestops/gym colors and even see which stops are lured. You can also get a notification in your browser if a selected pokémon appears somewhere.

I can't seem to get it to work. I tried going to my location and clicking the button on bottom, but it does nothing... hmm

Edit: Oh... I see. This only works for pre-selected cities. Damn. Got excited that a tracker like this was up and running..

JavyOO7

I'm gonna poop on myself if I ever find a Lapras in the wild like that. I just need to get lucky, I guess...

zulux21

I'd be fine if we get a winter event with Ice Pokemon only. I

screw ice pokemon... make it a fire event :p

I still don't have a damn charmander my pokedex including stuff that I currently can evolve but haven't because I don't have a good iv is at 127.

I don't have a ditto, scyther or omniyte. beyond that I could walk the rest of the dex aside from charmader @_@

Top Bottom