• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

JavyOO7

How can they launch Gen 2 already when they haven't released the legendaries and those damn promised features we've been looking forward since the game was announced: Battling with friends and trading???? Also, I'm still at 122 catched now, if they launch gen 2 it's going to be a mess if they mix gen 1 and gen 2 pokémon... or maybe gen 1 will be totally replaced and since my main goal was to complete the pokédex, then there's no point to me to continue playing if I'm going to have an incomplete pokédex and that sucks because I've been playing literally non-stop since july to achieve just that only so that gen 1 suddenly gets replaced just because.

Maybe if they pull some sort of "non-common pokémon week event" before gen 2 arrives where all of those rare af pokémon of each city starts spawning like crazy just so we can complete the damn gen 1 pokédex... It's nice to dream things :(

Edit: Congrats Creamium! Damn my luck with eggs sucks beyond words. Haven't hatched a new one for the pokédex there in more than a month! :'(

Niantic increased spawn points in preparation for gen 2. Gen 1 Pokemon ain't going anywhere... if anything, I don't doubt that Niantic puts out even more spawns to have equal footing of Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon around.

Joni

Adding a new generation means just adding more Pokémon I'll never catch. I mean, I have trouble finding enough Geodude and Poliwag, let alone Snorlax and others.

GulAtiCa

I'm curious what new 10k eggs there will be.

Also, I'd love it if Legendaries were introduced as 15k eggs. Be cool if it's something you have to earn (maybe a rare chance at pokestop too). This way you could do X activity and guarentee yourself a legendary.

Also, I'd love it if Legendaries were introduced as 15k eggs. Be cool if it's something you have to earn (maybe a rare chance at pokestop too). This way you could do X activity and guarentee yourself a legendary.

Or put them in 1000 km eggs.

10K eggs should be similar in step counts for those pokemon so you're looking at Tyrouge, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Larvitar, Mantine, Heracross, Skarmory and Misdreavus i believe.

GulAtiCa

I really hope Elekid & Magby are not 10k eggs.....

Hoestly, they should add a Baby egg group of 1k. And the Baby pokemon should go there. Remove Magmar & Electrubuzz from the 10k egg too please.

I really hope Elekid & Magby are not 10k eggs.....

Hoestly, they should add a Baby egg group of 1k. And the Baby pokemon should go there. Remove Magmar & Electrubuzz from the 10k egg too please.

I'd also be fine if another fucking Onyx never jumped out of one of the very few 10k eggs I find.

Made it:

I'm happy because my local situation is pretty dire, so I actually had to hunt quite a bit for the full Pokédex. But hatching eggs helped. Just in time for gen 2 if the rumours are true.

143 is the max you can catch without leaving your country right? And 145 is the legal max?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sprint is owned by Softbank, which is a Japanese cell phone company. So, if I had to guess I would say that all the sprint stores in the US would become sponsored stops like all the Softbank stores are in Japan.

from reddit. sounds likely. maybe a data thing too.

BowieZ

Banned
It can't just be Sprint stores since Starbucks is doing that too, and it'd be weird to not include them in the announcement.

So my guess is free data as well.

Flo_Evans

Stop playing for awhile after all the gym changes. Randomly bored in a meeting I decide to open app.

Fucking dragonite ! And what's this actual tracking working? Fucking hell! Finally caught one!

2500cp 40%iv dragon breath and dragon pulse but I don't care!

JavyOO7

Hey, an update.

http://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-120616/

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.49.1 for Android and 1.19.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Trainers will be able to transfer multiple Pokémon at a time to Professor Willow. To use this function, press and hold on a Pokémon.

Pokémon type icons have been added to the Gym battle approach and Gym battle screen.

The total Candy count for your Buddy Pokémon has been added to the buddy information screen.

The total kilometers a buddy has walked has been added to the information screen of each Pokémon that has ever been your buddy.

Minor text fixes.

Hey, an update.

http://www.pokemongolive.com/en/post/ver-update-120616/

Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.49.1 for Android and 1.19.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.

Trainers will be able to transfer multiple Pokémon at a time to Professor Willow. To use this function, press and hold on a Pokémon.

Pokémon type icons have been added to the Gym battle approach and Gym battle screen.

The total Candy count for your Buddy Pokémon has been added to the buddy information screen.

The total kilometers a buddy has walked has been added to the information screen of each Pokémon that has ever been your buddy.

Minor text fixes.

Solid update. Also, considering the timing, it probably contains all the necessary client-side code for the likely gen 2 release on Thursday. Will be interesting to see what people can find from dumping the patch between now and then.

Asgaro

😏

UpHpVDD.jpg

BowieZ

Banned
Am I right in thinking Niantic will try and time the app update release until after the announcement? Either way, I'm excitedly awaiting 6 hours from now!

BowieZ

Banned
That's a shame, but Monday isn't too far away... and it could honestly be much, much worse lol.

At least we'll have a plethora of data mined info to inspect over the coming few days...

Top Bottom