• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Lionheart

Hey guys, the pokemon nearby screen just changed.

It now shows nearby (pokestops) and sightings (the old fashioned ones)

Edit: And now my sightings are gone. I should have made a screenshot.
It only does this when you have 3 or less Pokéstops nearby.

If you have zero, you see only sightings, I believe.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

It shows sightings when there are only 3 or less Pokémon in your nearby section.

I saw that, too, yesterday. Also just for a short time.
In a certain area around work I only have the sightings and in most other places I have nearby. It's strange...
I would like it if you could change at any time between the two.

GulAtiCa

9 10k eggs got! Now to wait to find out what the Christmas event will bring. Hopefully double candy. So I won't be hatching them quite yet.

Cze3SUIUUAAnGUo.jpg:large

8bit

Knows the Score
When did mass transfer to professor appear? I've been wasting time clearing out my crap from Pokemon Go for ages.

just hatched a Machop

His ATK values are his best, same goes for DEF, same goes for HP "Oh Shit here we go"
It's got excellent stats. Well would have been too good to be true.
But I'm also ok with 13/13/13

Evolved another Clefable 14/14/15 and it got Pound and Dazzling Glam, yes!!

I finally walked enough to get to 400 magikarp candy after they stopped spawning in my area, picked the largest, best stat magikarp I hatched, and...

mjyAqHy.jpg

I want to die.

GulAtiCa

To be honest, a Gyrados with a better move set wouldn't have been that much better anyways. Gyrados has horrible defense, so Electric Pokemon, esp the new mighty Jolteon cuts through it like wet paper.

The only think Gyrados is really good for is his high CP to place in gyms to be in the top of the gyms. It's horribkle defense is bad for defense, but does make others leveling up your gym a lot easier too.

Getting off the train today to go to work, and I look at my nearby Pokemon and see the silhouette of a Porygon. First time I've ever seen one, and it was just a couple blocks in the complete opposite direction. I wasn't thrilled about walked more than I had too in this Chicago cold, but I figured this would be the only chance I may have catch one of these.
Made it to the post office(where the Porygon was) and caught it. This was the most thrilled I've been hunting for a Pokemon since the game came out. Also the first time I made actual use of the nearby pokemon feature.

It'll be just my luck that my next 5k will be a Porygon now :/

Getting off the train today to go to work, and I look at my nearby Pokemon and see the silhouette of a Porygon. First time I've ever seen one, and it was just a couple blocks in the complete opposite direction. I wasn't thrilled about walked more than I had too in this Chicago cold, but I figured this would be the only chance I may have catch one of these.
Made it to the post office(where the Porygon was) and caught it. This was the most thrilled I've been hunting for a Pokemon since the game came out. Also the first time I made actual use of the nearby pokemon feature.

It'll be just my luck that my next 5k will be a Porygon now :/

Congrats, Porygon is wicked hard to find. He was my dead last catch for 143, tracked him down to random shady neighborhood on the way home.

Were you late to work?

Masked Man

I said wow
Still no luck finding Lapras OR Aerodactyl. :/ There'a a big Charmander nest nearby, so I should be able to get my hands on a Charizard, but I dunno what to do about Kabutops. Also, a big, hearty "fuck you" to Ditto for never showing up.

Oxx

It's getting pretty dark here in the UK. I probably won't bother going out tonight even if they do unleash a load of new ones.

GulAtiCa

Just an announcement of "more Pokemon". So not much to say. Though, based on when things got announced on Thursday / Friday of last week, I expect it within the next 2 hours.

sam777

Did they actually say that something was going to go live today? Otherwise we may simply be getting an announcement.
I reckon it will just be an announcement today with new pokemon added sometime during the week. As they did not say that anything is going live today.

GeoGonzo

I reckon it will just be an announcement today with new pokemon added sometime during the week. As they did not say that anything is going live today.
Yeah, maybe? I just saw a reddit post reminding us that we are very likely going to see a new spawn migration this thursday and how it sounds like a perfect opportunity to unleash the new pokemon. Sounds plausible.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ctBliiq1A

"Professor Willow has discovered Togepi and Pichu hatching from Eggs! Starting later today, Trainers will have the opportunity to hatch these and several other Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. These are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months."

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

"The first huge update to Pokémon GO has been announced. This confirms that the Johto Pokémon are to come to Pokémon GO from today. Trainers around the world will have the opportunity to add Togepi, Pichu and select Pokémon originally discovered in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games to their Pokémon GO Pokédex through EEggs at Poké Stops. In addition to that, starting from today to December 29th, a special Pikachu wearing a festive hat will be findable for players"

GulAtiCa

Ah, so they are going to start to roll out pokemon slowly. Kinda makes sense. I assume it starts today?

Also, hopefully I can find these Pokemon in wild too (obv that will happen eventually of course), since I have no egg room available! lol

Mandelbo

Are the contents of eggs determined when you receive them or when you hatch them? Just deciding whether it's worth hatching this 5k now or not...

Ensirius

That was underwhelming.

I did not think releasing gen 2 was a good move now, but come on... Give us somthing.
I'm not spending a dime on this game, and having to hatch eggs... In the winter...

JavyOO7

Trainers,

Professor Willow has discovered Togepi and Pichu hatching from Eggs! Starting later today, Trainers will have the opportunity to hatch these and several other Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. These are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months. Be sure to use the hashtag #PokemonGO on Twitter to share your experiences as you explore your local neighborhoods with family and friends, walk to hatch these Pokémon from Eggs, and register them to your collection this holiday season. We can’t wait to see what Pokémon you’ve hatched!

We also have another special treat for you. Starting later today through December 29, 2016, 10:00 A.M. PST, you’ll find limited edition Pikachu all over the world. These Pikachu will be wearing a festive hat to celebrate the season! Use the Pokémon GO AR camera when you encounter them in the wild to take their picture and share it with us using #HolidayPikachu.

—The Pokémon GO team

Meh... its not so bad. Disappointing but I'm sure I'll get over it. =p

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/johto-holiday/

PSFan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ctBliiq1A

"Professor Willow has discovered Togepi and Pichu hatching from Eggs! Starting later today, Trainers will have the opportunity to hatch these and several other Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto Region in Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games. These are the first of more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO over the next few months."

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

"The first huge update to Pokémon GO has been announced. This confirms that the Johto Pokémon are to come to Pokémon GO from today. Trainers around the world will have the opportunity to add Togepi, Pichu and select Pokémon originally discovered in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games to their Pokémon GO Pokédex through EEggs at Poké Stops. In addition to that, starting from today to December 29th, a special Pikachu wearing a festive hat will be findable for players"

523552_10152136299465393_1487968607_n1.jpg

Top Bottom