• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

tauke

"We are aware of and actively working on a fix for a bug that causes incorrect vibration notifications related to the Nearby Pokémon feature."

They're fixing the unnecessary vibratations bug that has crept in which is good as that was a little annoying yesterday.

The extra vibrations is draining my battery faster...

At least the Nearby feature is live in my region. Got a Dragonair just by following the dots to the Pokestop.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
"We are aware of and actively working on a fix for a bug that causes incorrect vibration notifications related to the Nearby Pokémon feature."

They're fixing the unnecessary vibratations bug that has crept in which is good as that was a little annoying yesterday.
Figures the feature would get a glitch the same day it's made available in my area lol. Good that they're aware of it and working on it.

Got a captcha today. I mean, I did catch some rare Pokemon like Nidoran today. I must be cheating.

I've gotten two captchas in the last week probably because my phones GPS misbehaves when it doesn't have much RAM free. Sometimes I teleport a mile away for no reason.

Replicant

This new update sure left a lot of bugs. Gym not loading correctly, the app suddenly closes itself, beeping noises when there's no Pokemon nearby and this afternoon, the GPS stops moving my character - as in, my character just stuck in an area and won't move.

AdanVC

Yesterday was probably the day I've walked the longest distance for this damn game I simply don't know why I keep doing this. My legs are on fire right now and they hurt sooooo damn much, especially my feet. But anyways, we finally got the new nearby feature here so as soon as I went out of work during lunch time, I went to different places of the city to test it... and I gotta say it's pretty neat! The "test of fire" of yesterday was a Snorlax that appeared on the radar, it indicated me the stop where it was located, it was a little far away from where I was walking so I accelerated the pace and when I reached the stop, the little Totoro appeared and I catched it. It felt nice. The fact that you still have the sightings feature when there's no Pokestops nearby it's nice as well even though you still have to use 3rd party scanners for those.

I also finally got enough candy to get Charizard and Poliwrath. 128 catched...

Alllsssooo, glad they are working to fix that annoying vibration bug everytime the nearby refresh. It was so annoying yesterday, the phone was vibrating like crazy and I had to look at the screen everytime.

Someone reported a Dragonite five kilometers away from where I was, and it was raining like there's no tomorrow. I don't know why, but I decided to bike over there anyway. Maybe it wouldn't turn out to be so bad.

Wow! You got soaked to hell but it was worth it, even if it doesn't have top notch IVs, withat moveset and that CP you can kick ass on gyms. Congrats!

Firemind

This new update sure left a lot of bugs. Gym not loading correctly, the app suddenly closes itself, beeping noises when there's no Pokemon nearby and this afternoon, the GPS stops moving my character - as in, my character just stuck in an area and won't move.
Sure lags a lot.

AdanVC

The hardest part was trying to aim an ultra Ball curve on a wet screen.

I can imagine the tension on that moment. Having a powerful Dragonite in front of you, pouring in rain, and throwing precious ultra balls on a wet screen with the fear that Dragonite might run away after biking 5 km. DamSon.jpg

JavyOO7

I caught a Snorlax 2 days ago heading to my buddy's house on their street... I was geeking out, and happy because I had not seen a Snorlax since early August. /tears

And I caught 2 dratini yesterday through Nearby... yesssss. I need about 13 more to finally get a Dragonite...

I can imagine the tension on that moment. Having a powerful Dragonite in front of you, pouring in rain, and throwing precious ultra balls on a wet screen with the fear that Dragonite might run away after biking 5 km. DamSon.jpg
Exactly this.

The new tracker is growing on me. Can't see what's around but since I'm always on my bike it's been easier to get the specific Pokemon I really want.

So this hurt a lot...

CzSsvm6UcAAixqn.jpg

deanote666

My favorite is when the ball gets stuck at the top of the screen when it is wet.

Replicant

Is Farfetch'd hard to find in Japan?

In Australia, Kangaskhan is like a pest these days. They are everywhere but are annoying to catch (due to the far far distance placement on screen).

On that note, I find the capture rate is crapshoot again lately.

Is Farfetch'd hard to find in Japan?

In Australia, Kangaskhan is like a pest these days. They are everywhere but are annoying to catch (due to the far far distance placement on screen).

On that note, I find the capture rate is crapshoot again lately.
Same goes for mr. Mime. But other than kangaskhan mr. Mime sucks.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Same goes for mr. Mime. But other than kangaskhan mr. Mime sucks.

I catch one from time to time just so I can hand some out if we ever get trading. But yeah, Mime is such a lame and weak Pokémon. We got the short end of the stick in the region exclusives.

I can't remember if I asked before but has anyone else noticed a really garbage catch rate with the Go Plus? Seems like every time I press to capture, it'll roll 3 times and break out. It's really rare now to actually get a capture so I end up going into the game anyways to try.

With this new searching thing/maybe the release of Dittos, its back to having mostly Rattata and Pidgey on the nearby lists. They crowd around all of the PokeStops here with Oddish, Paras, Eevee and Venonat ;-;

Do we think there will be region exclusives from Gen 2 as well?

I am surprisingly hyped for tomorrow's news / update.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was, especially like Elekid, Magby, Smoochum and Tyrouge or some of the babies in general. Maybe we'll get trading too though.

jariw

My personal guess is that we will get a subset from a generation tomorrow. Either some Pokemons from gen 2 or gen 7, but not a complete generation.

I do actually think it would make more business sense for Niantic to release the next generation in waves rather than all at once. Release them like 3 a week with the rarity of Ditto.

That might make it a bit too easy to fill the Pokedex but it would probably sustain interest for longer than all at once.

Oxx

142/145.

Almost at level 32.

Hopefully there will be new pokes out there by the time I'm out of the house tomorrow.

Firemind

How is that possible? I'm struggling just to get 3-4.
Seems like suburban non-yellow people are giving up. Every time a yellow gym is taking down, it immediately goes to lvl. 7+ in a few days. Just have to scour the area to train them or even better get a free spot. Some blue people are still being stubborn but they can't beat several lvl. 10 gyms in a row without exhausting their supplies. Instinct is like a well-oiled machine at this point.

GulAtiCa

My area is basically Mystic city. Which is good for me, since I'm Team Mystic. I tend to claim 5+ a day. I also stopped doing the claim every 21 hour thing, as I can better focus my efforts in the morning and gain an extra 3+ easy gyms on my way to work. Gained 4 or 5 gyms on Friday morning to claim 9 total.

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
My area's finally solid yellow again after the prestiging reversion. It's a beautiful thing. Now I just have to brave the Canadian winter to get myself back into some of them. I really need a thermos.

Man I love the geodude nest outside our cafeteria. Caught 4 of them on my way to work. There are always at least two around when I pass by. Hope it stays like that then I'm gonna have a second Golem soon.

BowieZ

Banned
it's already 13/12 in NZ!
Yeah it's pretty dumb of them to say 12/12 but then make it LATE 12/12 for US residents, given it will be overnight 13/12 (aka 12/13) almost everywhere else.

I'd be surprised if they don't try and squeeze it into 12/12 in the Sydney (eastern Australian) time zone... midnight is in 90 minutes from now. (This would also be 8am NY time -- pre-work, and 1pm London -- lunch-time. So a Niantic employee would only have to get up at 5am to post the info.)

Chuckie

Hey guys, the pokemon nearby screen just changed.

It now shows nearby (pokestops) and sightings (the old fashioned ones)

Edit: And now my sightings are gone. I should have made a screenshot.

Top Bottom