• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

68.gif

GulAtiCa

Was really hoping to start seeing new Pokemon sometime today. Might be a few more weeks before I can even hatch anything...

Are the contents of eggs determined when you receive them or when you hatch them? Just deciding whether it's worth hatching this 5k now or not...

determined when you get them.

PSFan

I have 9 5k eggs at the moment and I'm not spending money on more incubators.

Unless you got them today, I don't think they contain the new Pokemon. So you better hatch them to make room for new eggs that will have those Pokemon.

JavyOO7

I have a Pikachu nest somewhat near me. Hopefully I can find a Pikachu with the cute Santa hat...

edit - people are already finding them in the r/thesilphroad already, holy fak

edit 2 - You know, maybe its not just Togepi/Pichu? Seems like there may be more coming from the eggs. Am I going to have to buy incubators again? FAK

edit 3 - And the loading screen is different. Looks cute!

Ephemeris

Still missing Hitmon Lee/Chan (and the regionals). I know they're out here SOMEWHERE in Orlando but these bastards continue to elude me.

PSFan

In the video togepi hatches from a 5km egg.
Lets see where pichu comes from

That's why I said Togepi comes from 5k eggs. I'm just thinking Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy should all be replaced in eggs by their baby forms now. Same with Magmar, Electabuzz and the Hitmons (lee, chan and top) if those are in now as well.

Congrats, Porygon is wicked hard to find. He was my dead last catch for 143, tracked him down to random shady neighborhood on the way home.

Were you late to work?

Core hours at work start at 9:30am, and I got in at 9:15 instead of 9(the time I would have gotten in if I didn't go on a mini-hunt), so I was still good :)

Asgaro

Isn't the egg thingy in accordance with the lore?

Also, this game got me really hard into running so I can't complain! Running while hatching eggs and gathering candies!

PSFan

Looks like Togetic is in now as well. If you notice in the video, Togepi's screen does have the evolve button lit up.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
My Jynx and Magmar still use Jynx Candies and Magmar candies. Either their baby forms are not in the game yet, or candy won't get renamed.

I like this partial gen 2 rollout. I read someone's theory on the the silph road along time ago about doing baby pokemon first in almost exactly this kind of fashion and quite liked it. Spawns aren't diluted, so you have the same chance at catching gen 1 pokemon in the wild as before and it's a great motivator to participate in gyms to earn coins for incubators.

Anyways, I just blew all the coins I've been banking the last couple of weeks on incubators. Gonna clear my stock and pray to the RNG gods.

Dishwalla

Banned
The slow rollout is not a bad idea but the confined to eggs thing kind of blows. Give us some Gen 2 in the wild, even just the starters would have been good.

I wish they would do this kind of rollout for Pokemon from ALL gens rather than just 2. Then we can get certain evolutions that don't come until like gen 4+ asap.

Joni

Found a one spot charmander nest. Already saved me 24 kilometers. Yes.
I also got a 2 km egg just now. I'm not going to hatch it so I can pretend it is pichu.
But they really need to bring trading in and make rare Pokemon appear more. I want to trade my Pinsir for a Scyther.

PSFan

My Jynx and Magmar still use Jynx Candies and Magmar candies. Either their baby forms are not in the game yet, or candy won't get renamed.

The only candy that would need to be renamed and changed is for the Hitmons. I'm guessing they will all be changed to Tyrogue candy and Tyrogue will be a random evolution like how Eevee is.

Top Bottom