• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Literally everyone of those pokemon you mentionened with the exception of paras ist SUPER RARE here. Really.

The commons here are Pidgey, Rattata, Weedle, Spearow, Paras, Eevee and Krabby. So pretty standard.

I have seen <10 of each wild Sandshrew, Growlithe and Ekans in my life

About the same here (+ more water types like Poliwag & Magikarp), so I'd guess the distribution is similar in Germany and Belgium.

I've caught a couple of Ekans, but I never would've been able to get Arbok without eggs. Sandshrew and Growlithe are so rare that you pretty much have to track down a nest somewhere. Don't think I've ever caught a wild Sandshrew, only got Sandslash through eggs.

Same with Doduo. Never spawns anywhere, got Dodrio through eggs + walking.

Mass sending feels good brehs.
vZlytU1.jpg

It feels real good.

Swamped

Banned
There was a scyther nest around here last night. That was a huge surprise to me because they are usually extremely rare. Stocking up for gen 2...!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The game has vibrated several times today with no pokemon on the map. Does this have something to do with the changes in how the in-game models load?

Waaat!? Damn I don't catch sandshrews anymore since I'm beyond sick of see them popping out all the time, they spawn more than pidgey and rattatas together in here! What are the most common Pokémon in your area? Here we're drowning with Sandshrews, Geodudes, Growlithes, Ekans, Exeggcutes and Paras... I still keep catching Growlithes and exeggcutes since they're useful for gyms, the other ones I simply ignore them.
Literally everyone of those pokemon you mentionened with the exception of paras ist SUPER RARE here. Really.

The commons here are Pidgey, Rattata, Weedle, Spearow, Paras, Eevee and Krabby. So pretty standard.

I have seen <10 of each wild Sandshrew, Growlithe and Ekans in my life
Ekans is common where I live, I've caught 51. Exeggcutes are common too. Growlithe, Sandshrew and Geodude have been appearing more lately, but still rare.

On the other hand, Pidgeys are semi-rare and Rattatas are extremely rare (16 caught. Don't even have the silver badge for it yet). Eevee is rare too but it's been getting better. Caterpies and Weedles also show up very little. I actually have a hard time gathering trash mons for mass evos because a lot of the commons for me require 25 or 50 candy to evolve (Clefairy, Zubat (lmfao), Poliwag, both types of Nidoran, Staryu, Krabby).

Fuu

Man, the cheaters here don't give a shit. They usually have several accounts all with the same handle, just with different numbers attached at the end. Sometimes the whole name is just random numbers too. I reported 3 yesterday, but it gets tiring and they'll just make new ones anyway.

Red Fire

About the same here (+ more water types like Poliwag & Magikarp), so I'd guess the distribution is similar in Germany and Belgium.

I've caught a couple of Ekans, but I never would've been able to get Arbok without eggs. Sandshrew and Growlithe are so rare that you pretty much have to track down a nest somewhere. Don't think I've ever caught a wild Sandshrew, only got Sandslash through eggs.

Same with Doduo. Never spawns anywhere, got Dodrio through eggs + walking.

Yup dodrio is also one of the 9 pokemon im missing to complete the dex

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Sandslash
Dugtrio
Dodrio
Machamp
Muk
Dragonite

Awayze

Neo Member
Booted my first Pokemon out of a gym, a Gyarados 2200cp with two average IV's Gengars 1000cp, Jynx 800cp and Jolteon 500cp but this Snorlax 2400cp is impossible to beat.

Fuu

omg nearby was stealth released here, finally! I had to do a double take.

edit: actually that's probably why I was getting the random vibrating earlier today. I haven't been even checking sightings lately, so it took me hours to notice.

Lionheart

Do more people have the issue where the app vibrates now and then while no Pokémon shows up? Mine started doing that since the latest update. I'm on Android.

GulAtiCa

Do more people have the issue where the app vibrates now and then while no Pokémon shows up? Mine started doing that since the latest update. I'm on Android.

I believe what is happening is that your getting a vibration whenever a Pokemon is just out of range. So, it's hinting at you that there is a Pokemon just out of reach.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I believe what is happening is that your getting a vibration whenever a Pokemon is just out of range. So, it's hinting at you that there is a Pokemon just out of reach.

I've read it vibrates now when there's a new entry in sightings, don't know what is true.

I thought my charger was broken and kept stopping and starting to charge my phone. Then I realized that it was the app doing it.
Then I realized that it was also the phone charger breaking :-/

Also, no wonder gym Snorlaxes have been such a pain in the ass, their HP is ridiculous!

Firemind

It's also because fighting Pokemon are awful. Machamp would OHKO Lax in the games but Cross Chop does less damage than Hydro Pump LOL

I don't get some of the decisions they make with this damn thing. I accidentally spun a stop while the picture was still white and now I'm locked out of using it at all. What could possibly be the reason they'd want to punish people for something so innocuous?

GulAtiCa

I don't get some of the decisions they make with this damn thing. I accidentally spun a stop while the picture was still white and now I'm locked out of using it at all. What could possibly be the reason they'd want to punish people for something so innocuous?

It's more likely you did get the items. I've had this happen before and while it's in the "White Loading" stage, I've actually gotten items without it telling me. Of course without notification or log of it, kinda hard to tell, but it still does for me. Me getting a new egg when I had an open spot was a clue.

Joni

It's more likely you did get the items. I've had this happen before and while it's in the "White Loading" stage, I've actually gotten items without it telling me. Of course without notification or log of it, kinda hard to tell, but it still does for me. Me getting a new egg when I had an open spot was a clue.

Often in cases like this, it is logged in the journal.

So is there a definitive list of candies we'll probably need for Gen 2?

Zubat
Horsea
Chansey
Slowpoke
Eevee?
Porygon
Scyther

Who else? Never played any other Pokemon games before so Gen 2 will be all new to me!

Ohhhh, that makes sense. Thanks.

GulAtiCa

Blah. There is a Dratini on the Nearby at a Pokestop next to where I'm eating at the running trial. If it wasn't mid 30s and pitch black there (+ 10 walk from here)

I want it but know I'm good. Lol

I have a few Pokémon with "average" IVs but since they have a really high CP and good moveset I still use them as tanks for attacking.

Here's an example that I just evolved today

2Y32Ajv.jpg

He will be great for dealing with Vapes at gyms.

Flo_Evans

Have they made any adjustments to gym training since the huge nerf? I kind of want some more coins but that really soured my gym experience.

I haven't even fought with my dragonite yet :(

JavyOO7

Have they made any adjustments to gym training since the huge nerf? I kind of want some more coins but that really soured my gym experience.

I haven't even fought with my dragonite yet :(

It went back to how it originally was before the nerf...

So if you have a team of Pokemon with less than half the CP, you get 1000 prestige per defeat.

"We are aware of and actively working on a fix for a bug that causes incorrect vibration notifications related to the Nearby Pokémon feature."

They're fixing the unnecessary vibratations bug that has crept in which is good as that was a little annoying yesterday.

Top Bottom