• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

I need to evolve some Pidgeys to make bag space.

It doesn't seem like there will be anything cool like double-xp this week, so I should probably just do it.

Teppic

So here are my thoughts on the event

More starter pokemons sounds good to be since i only get Squirtles around here. Daily incubator is also good shame they are 1 use only. Holiday Pikachu is great i love stuff like that already have my santaraichu but still. Increased gen 2 hatch rates is ehh....i only want Togepi and that last thing i want from my 10k eggs are babies.

im thinking maybe i should save all the incubators for when more gen 2 pokemons are out? is there a limit to the ammount of incubators you can carry or do they cound towards your normal inventory space?
Oh, so the incubators are only one use each? This even is shit.

Pachimari

I want increased chances of a Ditto.

But really, this event is great. I don't have a single Gen II Pokemon yet, and I still don't have the final evolution of all three starter Pokémon. I also just need to catch one more Pikachu to be able to evolve it into a Raichu with a Santa hat.

Joni

Bought 1200 coins, bought 8 Lucky Egg packet. Used one to gain 75.000 XP. Will use a second one tomorrow to get me to level 29. All the strong Eevee turned in Vaporeon.

Awayze

Neo Member
First time seeing a Rhydon ever and game glitches, disappears when I clicked it and got GPS error despite my GPS being fine.
The game freezes alot when opening too and seems alot more unresponsive. Poor recent updates.

GulAtiCa

My Fiancée and I went out tonight and drove around different neighborhoods to see Christmas decorations. Also gained like 4km too. So only need 1.5 km left for my 9 10k eggs!

Dynasty

UK. They are offering 3 boxes in the shop.
Special box 250
Great box 550
Ultra box 1500
Anyone boyght any of these? I have enough for the great box but dont want to buy it straught away.

SuomiDude

Hmm, just used a pokestop and still didn't get an incubator... UK here.

Neither did I (Finland here). It should be 9 am in US PST and still nothing. I'm guessing it starts here tomorrow then as it's probably linked to the first spin of the day which I already got this morning.

jariw

UK. They are offering 3 boxes in the shop.
Special box 250
Great box 550
Ultra box 1500
Anyone boyght any of these? I have enough for the great box but dont want to buy it straught away.

Sounds like a way to get great/ultra balls? But don't know what special would be then...

zroid

Banned
Did anyone get their free incubator? I hit up two Pokéstops but didn't get one. :(

edit: should have read earlier posts. Ah well...

Sounds like a way to get great/ultra balls? But don't know what special would be then...

Special Box - 250coins --- 10x great balls and 2x incubators

Great Box - 550coins --- 20x great balls, 2x incense and 4x incubators

Ultra box - 1500coins --- 25x incense, 6x incubators and 20 ultraballs!

Thank you.

Special box is the best box in my opinion because it gives you the most incubator for your money, dont really care about incenses and can get great/ultra balls from pokestops.

Ya, and it's the only one I could hope to afford without spending actual money

Lionheart

You'd think with the holiday boxes out now, that the free incubators are also available at stops?

BTW, is there a max amount of incubators you can carry with you?

jariw

The holiday event is live now. According to the reports on Silph Road, if you've already spun your first pokestop for the day, you'll not recieve the free incubator today.

The holiday event is live now. According to the reports on Silph Road, if you've already spun your first pokestop for the day, you'll not recieve the free incubator today.

Goddammit. I actually wondered about that last night when I spun one and realized it was past midnight when I got the normal daily bonus.

That's lame.

oti

Banned

Oh FFS how difficult can it be to communicate this kind of stuff, Niantic?

Firemind

Why Great Balls though :(

Still, 17% discount off incubators. I saved up 4500 coins! Now to spend it all or not to spend it all...

zroid

Banned
Oh FFS how difficult can it be to communicate this kind of stuff, Niantic?
I'm not sure communication is the issue here so much as the fact they inexplicably started the promo late and screwed up how it works on the first day

like even if they had mentioned the exact time it was starting, many people were still going to get screwed out of their first incubator :/

JavyOO7

The last event had things start at UTC time. This time, it was by PST. I'm glad I didn't spin yet. Even if I did, it's no biggie seeing as how I have incubators.

So I'm at my parents right now. Seems like they completely removed all Pokemon spawns here. And the next Pokestop is a few minutes away. So I won't play this game the coming days. Yay

Spoit

Goddammit. I actually wondered about that last night when I spun one and realized it was past midnight when I got the normal daily bonus.

That's lame.
Could be worse. I just did my first spin off the day (at like 11am out), and not only did I not get the incubator, I didn't get my 7 day bonus either!

GulAtiCa

Yes! One of my 10k eggs was a Lapras! My first not so great IVs, so I prob won't level it up. Instead use it to train and take down Dragonites.

Replicant

Yes! One of my 10k eggs was a Lapras! My first not so great IVs, so I prob won't level it up. Instead use it to train and take down Dragonites.

IVs from egg have been severely lowered lately. The chances of getting "Best of the Best" is slim these days. Not happy about this BS more than the not getting free Incubator. What's the point of egg-hatching these days if all we get is as shitty as the garden variety of wild pokemon?

Top Bottom