• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

jnWake

IVs from egg have been severely lowered lately. The chances of getting "Best of the Best" is slim these days. Not happy about this BS more than the not getting free Incubator. What's the point of egg-hatching these days if all we get is as shitty as the garden variety of wild pokemon?

The small chance of getting a rare Pokémon I guess. I've gotten several Pokémon from eggs that I've never seen in the wild (Grimer, Chansey, Lickitung and others).

Firemind

I just want a Dragonite with DB/DC >.<

IVs from egg have been severely lowered lately. The chances of getting "Best of the Best" is slim these days. Not happy about this BS more than the not getting free Incubator. What's the point of egg-hatching these days if all we get is as shitty as the garden variety of wild pokemon?
Pretty sure it's random with 10/10/10 as the bottom.

Red

Anyone able to connect with the Apple Watch app? Most of the time it never actually starts, just tells me to open Pokémon Go on my iPhone... even when it is already open. When it does start up it hardly ever tracks my steps. I can walk for fifteen minutes and record less than 10 steps total. I don't understand.

The complication never accurately shows my egg progress, either.

Seems like a restart fixed the connect to iPhone/broken tracking problems.

JavyOO7

My school has crapload of Pokestops but none of the Pokemon spawn there. If I knew how to edit stuff in OSM I would...

In regards to eggs, my last 2km egg was a bulbasaur, and... I got perfect IVs with him! Not bad, considering my last perfect IV mon were Spearow and Pinsir... Pinsir hurt more because he had two fighting moves.

Oxx

I don't know what I care about anymore.

I came a Chansey short of completing the available General 1, but I can only imagine things getting more obtuse from here.

And George Michael died.

Dynasty

Have never got a perfect IV pokemon.

Sad day for me. For like a 2-4weeks, I had 4 gyms claiming 40 coins a day. Today it went down to 1, dont know whether to be happy that there is some competition or sad that I wont be getting easy pokecoins.

Waited until I span a Pokestop today until it was confirmed that the incubators were available.

Have 210 coins and holding 4 gyms, if I can hold them overnight I'll be able to afford two more incubators.

I just got a Smoochum and seeing a wall of missing Pokemon in my pokedex after getting 146 is disheartening

If they were all available to go catch fine but seriously this makes me want to delete the app and say wtf am I doing with my life

I've, no joke, 20 incubators and I haven't gotten a single egg drop from the last 10-15 pokestops (I've lost count). I've a lone 10km egg hatching.

Niantic doesn't want me to have anything other than Pichu (which I now have six of).

Oh wow, the egg was a Snorlax.

I better not hatch a useless baby thing instead of Lapras/aero/pory. Ever feel like your current haul of eggs is something like Magmar x2, oddish, bellsprout...I can see through the shells.

Joni

Went on a walk today, which included four egg hatches: Ekans, Clefairy, Caterpie and an Igglybuff, which I already have.

AdanVC

Damn, Chanseys with 350+ HP are a true pain in the butt to defeat on gyms! I was fighting one in a gym yesterday and I almost run out of time trying to defeat her with my Vaporeon. Her attacks were nothing but tickles to my Vaporeon but her HP seemed like it will never run out! Good thing I also have a Chansey with 346 HP that I catched the other day (appeared in an hospital) so I will use it as a super defender on gyms :D

Firemind

Damn, Chanseys with 350+ HP are a true pain in the butt to defeat on gyms! I was fighting one in a gym yesterday and I almost run out of time trying to defeat her with my Vaporeon. Her attacks were nothing but tickles to my Vaporeon but her HP seemed like it will never run out! Good thing I also have a Chansey with 346 HP that I catched the other day (appeared in an hospital) so I will use it as a super defender on gyms :D
They really need to buff Machamp, Primeape and the Hitmons.

Vexii

Why hasn't there been a bigger uproar over the nerfing of Pokestops or catching Pokemon while riding as a passenger in a car?

Some people can't walk. Some people won't walk. I'm fine about not collecting candy or having eggs while travelling at speed, but completely cutting out the ability to catch or farm stops? What the duck?

Why hasn't there been a bigger uproar over the nerfing of Pokestops or catching Pokemon while riding as a passenger in a car?

Some people can't walk. Some people won't walk. I'm fine about not collecting candy or having eggs while travelling at speed, but completely cutting out the ability to catch or farm stops? What the duck?

The uproar was pretty big.

Vexii

The uproar was pretty big.
I must have missed it. I fell off of the app pretty early and only really heard of it from the outside, but going for a ride with my girlfriend yesterday really disappointed her; an hour and a half with the phone on and not one Pokémon showing up.

Would have thought it'd have been big enough to get Niantic to reverse such a shitty decision, but I guess that ship sailed long ago.

GulAtiCa

There was. Months ago though. It sucks. I miss collecting pokestops while in the car. Though I can usually get some still.

As it turns out, there's a sizeable chunk of people that are not only ok with it, but will gladly tell other users how they were playing the game wrong and should have never been able to play to begin with, because if you're not going to play the "right" way - strictly and rigidly defined as walking around aimlessly with no other transportation methods regardless of weather, your schedule, or personal preferences - then you shouldn't play at all.

Having the worst luck with eggs.

I want either babies or rares and all i'm getting is fucking Meowths, Goldeens, Spearows, Weedles and other utterly useless crap.

Replicant

Having the worst luck with eggs.

I want either babies or rares and all i'm getting is fucking Meowths, Goldeens, Spearows, Weedles and other utterly useless crap.

Niantic doesn't seem to understand that nerfing the chance to get good Pokemon, both IV and species-like from eggs, will actually speed up the amount of people who leave the game. No one likes being frustrated by getting crap over and over again with only occasional good stuff. And the ratio these days of getting anything good is like 1 good against 4 shite ones.

Just woke up and saw a Muk on sightings, so drove 2 streets over to get it.

140 caught now. Guess the new tracker has its upsides.

Just need 3 more Kabuto candy from walking, then Chansey, Aerodactyl and Snorlax to finish the original dex. I'm so close.

CassSept

Just woke up and saw a Muk on sightings, so drove 2 streets over to get it.

140 caught now. Guess the new tracker has its upsides.

Just need 3 more Kabuto candy from walking, then Chansey, Aerodactyl and Snorlax to finish the original dex. I'm so close.

Single stage Pokemon are the worst. I managed to grind candies for Dragonite through buddy system but now I'm at 142 and with no idea how to get a Hitmonlee.

Top Bottom