• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Grimer is rather rare, but does pop up from time to time. Koffing is semi-rare for me, but I ignore it now.

The ones I'm having trouble with are Machop, Omanyte and Kabuto (and Bulbasaur and Charmander, but that was taken care of now). Machop has turned up on trips and there's been a few sightings of Kabuto recently, but I think I've seen three Omanytes in my town since the start. And the last one, just outside my work, ran on me. And I've never seen Aerodactyl, even at gyms. Tangela and Chansey were found in July, but I don't think I've seen them since.

Dratinis are tricky but can be found if I venture down to waterfronts.

Yay, finally have enough candy to evolve all the starters all the way through. Also can evolve other Pokemon I've been holding off one. I'll probably do a luck egg evolve then walk around for a bit if I have time left.

Joni

Grimer is rather rare, but does pop up from time to time. Koffing is semi-rare for me, but I ignore it now.

The ones I'm having trouble with are Machop, Omanyte and Kabuto (and Bulbasaur and Charmander, but that was taken care of now). Machop has turned up on trips and there's been a few sightings of Kabuto recently, but I think I've seen three Omanytes in my town since the start. And the last one, just outside my work, ran on me. And I've never seen Aerodactyl, even at gyms. Tangela and Chansey were found in July, but I don't think I've seen them since.

Dratinis are tricky but can be found if I venture down to waterfronts.

I would have the same problem with Kabuto had it not just turn up in a little nearby nest. I hadn't even seen one in a gym but now I only need three more to reach Kabutos. For Omanyte, it will be a long walk to get the 47 candy to evolve it.

Awayze

Neo Member
Glad the Santa Chu has gone, caught a normal Pikachu with rubbish IV's. I want to remove the hat from a high IV one I caught as I won't be seeing another Pikachu for months now.

tauke

So my two 10KM eggs result is...

MMuyNRN.jpg

Yeah!

And... Onix.

Niantic please.

Replicant

Got 3 Charizards with great movesets but shite IVs. *sigh*

I think I'll stick to raising my 89% Charizard with WA/FT and just use these 3 as gym prestigers if the need ever arise for a fire pokemon.

Pachimari

Oh yeah, I caught a Magikarp yesterday and it turned into a Ditto. Ugh, I wanted that Magikarp real bad.

I wanted a Ditto for a long while and got one the other day, but I don't need any more of them.

[edit] I hatched another Pichu this morning. I've also caught all the Charmanders and Bulbasaurs I needed for the final evolutions.

So today, my goal might be to find that one Pikachu, 2 Bellsprouts and 3 of the male Nidoran. Any random Vulpix and Rhyhorns will be nice too.

Evolved another Charizard and Venosaur today since my last two turned out to be shit. This time i got.

Charizard Ember/flamethrower
Venosaur Vinewhip/petalblizzard

both are over 80% IV and im ok with the moves.

Lionheart

Why are Charmanders such a pain in the ass to catch and Charizard so easy? Caught another one yesterday with just one ball.
I just caught a weak ass 800CP 'don't point to greatness in battle' Charizard only after about 25 ultra balls. Most of the balls hit it, all attempts with Razzberry and even an excellent throw and several great throws among them... So yeah, I think you got lucky on the Charizard.

A colleague caught the same one (1200 CP for him) using 3 or 4 normal balls, no razzberries... Perhaps I should have tried normal balls as well. ;)

I just caught a weak ass 800CP 'don't point to greatness in battle' Charizard only after about 25 ultra balls. Most of the balls hit it, all attempts with Razzberry and even an excellent throw and several great throws among them... So yeah, I think you got lucky on the Charizard.

A colleague caught the same one (1200 CP for him) using 3 or 4 normal balls, no razzberries... Perhaps I should have tried normal balls as well. ;)

I mean this is typical for all Pokemon games so far. Throw everything you got at a Pokemon and don't catch it. Get angry. Throw one regular Pokeball and catch it.

Still need a Magby and Smoochum.

Dangit Niantic, I spent 20 minutes walking last night to hunt down a Charmander since I haven't seen like any of them during the event.

Still couldn't triangulate it due to the nearby spawns being buggy and dropping every so often.

Chuckie

Still need Magby, Elekid and Togepi but I don't see it happening any time soon.
I also still need Aerodactyl and Snorlax. Don't see that happening either.

So one more Bulba and I have no idea what I am gonna do. Maybe give it a rest until there is another event or if they start rolling out more Gen II.

Sad :(

Oxx

I have a 2km egg on the go. If that's Cleffa, I can officially retire.

Edit: It was another Iggly. The search continues...

Meier

I got an Apple Watch and have been using the functionality for the past handful of days. I keep encountering an issue though where if I use a different app on my phone, the PoGo app eventually "closes" and it immediately cuts off the workout that is active on the Watch app.

Does anyone know if the steps I've done in the interim will transfer over to the phone app or is everything just lost? If I don't "End" the workout/walk, it doesn't show up in my Activity app so from the watch's perspective, it seems like it basically didn't happen, but I'm curious about PoGo.

Dynasty

Got all 3 starters now, will probably only use Charizard for gym battles, maybe the Venasaur for when leveling up a gym.
Venasaur with Vine Whip and Petal Blizzard
Charizard with Ember and Flame Thrower.
Ok movesets but both pokemon have 90%+ IVs which is the thing Im happy about.

Also hatched a Kabuto and so finally had enough to evolve it into a Kabutop. It had Fury Cutter and Stone Edge. Are Kabutops good and is the moveset ok?

Blizzard

Banned
For east coast U.S.:

I need Aerodactyl, which is very rare.
I need Electabuzz, which is very rare.
I need Kabutos, which are very rare.
I need Omanytes, which are very rare.
I need a ton of Machops, which are very rare.
I need Grimers, which are very rare.
I need Geodudes, which are rare.
I think I have literally seen one Clefairy since the game's launch. MAYBE two. Never hatached one either. So I have it in my pokedex, but no chance of Clefable without a random spawn.
I still need a few Abras (doable), a bunch of Charmanders (45 km of walking), a bunch of Dratini, and of course I don't have the pokemon from other countries.

I have received zero new pokemon from eggs since the event started, and only 1 2km and 1 10km egg. Almost everything I get is 5km. :(

I got an Apple Watch and have been using the functionality for the past handful of days. I keep encountering an issue though where if I use a different app on my phone, the PoGo app eventually "closes" and it immediately cuts off the workout that is active on the Watch app.

Does anyone know if the steps I've done in the interim will transfer over to the phone app or is everything just lost? If I don't "End" the workout/walk, it doesn't show up in my Activity app so from the watch's perspective, it seems like it basically didn't happen, but I'm curious about PoGo.

I just got a watch yesterday and I'm not not sure when I'd use the watch app over just pulling out my phone. It could be that I'm not fully understanding everything, though, because the watch app came with as much instruction as the phone app.

Replicant

So Nearby showed a Snorlax, then he disappeared, which suggests that he's actually still there but I only have 1 and a half minute to find him. Went around the area and found the big guy.

Threw a berry and one, two Ultra balls. Caught him.....40%IV. :mad:

Would love to trade these extra two Magby and one Elekid for a Porygon or Aerodicktowel.

Errrmm......

Joni

I'm having trouble understanding my Kabuto spawn point. I figured out he is spawning at h15, so I caught one yesterday at 19h15 and one today at 21h15. I however can't figure out why he wasn't there yesterday at 21h15 or today at 19h15.

8bit

Knows the Score
Got almost nothing interesting out of my eggs other than a Magby, but today a Togepi hatched so it's my new buddy replacing Omanyte for now. Lots of walking ahead.

Have managed to fully evolve Charizard & Blastoise but about 30 candies short of Venusaur (wasted 30ish ultra balls on a lowlevel one that ran away), other than that I think I'm missing about 30 Machop candies, and a Pinsir for as full a Pokedex as I can have for Gen 1.

Now at 141 caught / 146 seen / 240 dex ( thanks to Magby).

GulAtiCa

Wow! Hatched a Dratini for 1st time today. I have 2 Dragonites and never hatched one before lol.

Only 80ish% IV so, I'll use my 91% IV Dratini to evolve later. Got a nice 32 candies for it, which brings me to 86 current candies with 37 Dratinis/Dragonairs to transfer (won't until the next 2x event)

Also a 300cp Charizard sadly fled from me today. But did catch a Poliwrath (2nd caught lol). Too bad, would gone nicely with my Blastoise from yesterday and Venusaur from other day.

Awayze

Neo Member
Must be nice to live somewhere where a Charmander spawns at least once every hour, if not 2 in the same spot and a Bulbasaur. Down the road from me but its far too cold to look like a weirdo sitting in front of someones house all day.

Saw a shadow on my nearby for the first time in a very long time.

Got the 'wild pokemon fled' message about halfway there so jogged the rest of the way (and it's a fucking hot summer day right now).

Just Aerodactyl and Snorlax left now.

Top Bottom